SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#29772 - 07/21/03 07:37 AM Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
ketronlover Offline

Loc: Montreal Quebec Canada
Allthough I've tried many times ,I still could not connect to my pc.I really don't know what I've done wrong.I tried to change the connecting speed from 9600 bauds to 256,000 (I can go more but I didn't take a chance)by gradually tweaking one at a time and restarting .Something even disconfigured my DSL allthough it said that COMM 1 and 2 were free.If someone can help me I'd be more than glad because I'm getting kinda bored having to copy manually every file to a diskette and then into my pc then back again in the X1(50 times a day is a lot of move)Thanks anybody!!

#29773 - 07/21/03 10:39 AM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
You have to determine whether the PC or the Keyboard is at fault. Having said that I'm not sure which type of PC you have and which operating system. On some IBM compatible computers it is possible to turn the comm ports off via the computer setup. If you are running Win 98 I would right click on the my Computer Icon - go to properties and then to ports - see if Comm1 & comm2 are active with no Yellow ? marks.

Not sure if that helps but its a good place to start.

Jerry

#29774 - 07/22/03 11:57 PM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
ketronlover Offline

Hi , Jerry .Thank you for answering .You shure look like someone who knows a bit about computers . About my computer , it's a Pentium 4 Celeron, 1,7ghz , 256mg of RAM ,Sound Blaster Live!Value , running on Windows 98SE .I managed to update all the drivers I knew about and could.And about the system properties , everything seems to be clean of any ! & ? . One thing bothers me though , maybe you could be of some assistance .I don't know on which comm , or does it use one ,my DSL hi speed modem (external) works .But the FT program tells me that both Comms 1 and 2 are free.
Could they be sharing ports ,or IRQ slots with other programs and not tell it (I read that somewhere). Or could it be that there is a special tweak that I have to switch on the keyboard that I don't know of .Whew!,that makes a lot of questioning. I hope that the infos I gave you will help in some way because I'm really getting bluesy about it.

You see,I'm working with a company that makes CDs and soundtracks for singers ,also for Karaoke .I often compose the tracks for lyrics that they give me for study.I make compos for myself too.So that makes a whole lot of disks to transfer ! Enough bothering you . Hope to read from you later . Thank you again !

Gino

#29775 - 07/23/03 07:08 AM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
Mainer Offline

Gino

I'm not sure about our DSL but mine with Road Runner & previosly with the Tel Company uses a Network card and then is connected via a Cat5 cable which looks like a thick telephone wire. I am all most certain this is the type of connector you are using for your DSL modem.

The computer you have sounds perfectly OK for this task and yes It's possible that the comm port may be sharing a IQR. My guess is that that the keyboard may not be set up correctly - so check with some of the Guys here or Email AJ or Dano to make sure you have the Keyboard set up OK.

There are Generally two Comm ports on most modern computers you have to determine which is Comm 1 & Comm 2 which is a trial and error process if they are not labled. Generally it is best to leave the comm port set at 38000 or less unless you hard ware and software telling you other wise.

So I would recheck your keyboard (SD-1)settings and make sure that is set properly.

Next go into your software on the computer and check the port setting recommended by the software. Then try one port then the other.

Last but not least - Where did you buy your computer and if it was bult by a lcoal or amature they my have put the connecting cable on backward inside the computer (least likely senario) or even left them unconnected.

Jerry

#29776 - 07/23/03 03:08 PM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
can be somethings wrong in your sd1 before to connect press F6 (midi)and than F10(utility) and select pc...

#29777 - 07/24/03 11:58 AM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
ketronlover Offline

Thanks Jerry and necdetdoni. I tried both Comms .Comm 1 was jammming my DSL so well that my only option was to re-format the computer(It seems as though it corrupted the driver.I then tried to re-install the DSL software and reboot but it didn't work.). With Comm 2 though,the keyboard does respond with `KEYBOARD TO PC CONNECT ' but sadly , nothing more happens , meaning that there are no files showing in the software and furthermore I have no control on the buttons 'til it says TIME OUT ERROR! then closes.Maybe ,as you mentionned should I try (sorry I did not have the time yet.I will write you back about it later)different bauds speed.The only ones I tried were 9600 and 256,000 because the default speed written was 256,000. Looks like the computer was built by a multi store company named Ordicentre, here in Montreal,a very popular store .I called them to ask about the wiring problem .As they told me,they don't know about the software I use, Ketron FT ,and what it does but I would have to bring them the computer to have it check but that means I would have to stop working and I really can't buy any time these days.You see,I put a time limit garantee on my jobs (I know that's a bad thing to do ,or is it? lol)
They assured me though that their wiring was double-checked before they sell the computers; so that brings me to the keyboard . The only option I have on the X1 (That's the keyboard I have, necdetdoni, and I already did what you wrote me, thanks!) is choosing NONE MAC... and PC which I did .

The bothering question is:
On the keyboard, is there another setting apart of choosing between PC MAC NONE ? Like the speed of the connection ,a true or false comm port, an IRQ or the like.
A guy at Ketron wrote me that the software could have been outdated so I tried to download it again but...nenni! I'm happy that I have people like you guys to help me resolve my problem.THANK YOU AGAIN! I'm really doing my best to follow what you tell me. Jerry , I will try to change the bauds speed sequencially and see what it does but I'm a little bit scared about having to re-re-format again . I can't afford the time right now to re-install all the work I did. But I'm willing to try one or two more times before I forget about that software.
HEY GUYS, THANKS AGAIN ! See you later!

[This message has been edited by ketronlover (edited 07-24-2003).]

#29778 - 07/24/03 03:13 PM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
ketronlover Offline

Sorry for the long letter...

#29779 - 07/24/03 03:36 PM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
Mainer Offline

you should not have to reformate your drive. You can allways remove or reinstall drivers if nessary. Can you fax or email your setup page for your X-1 for the serial port setup

Jerry

#29780 - 07/25/03 04:27 AM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
ketronlover Offline

Sorry Jerry ,I don't understand what you want .Could it be that you want to see the open program ? In that case I can tell you how it is when I open it.Here:

By default, the port setup shows :
Comm 1
Comm 2 checked
Comm 3 greyed
Comm 4 greyed

Bauds: 9600
115200 checked
Disk info greyed
Exit

This is how it showed when I first installed it.
Now , when I press on Connect(after rebooting the Pc) ,The X1 shows :
X1 TO PC CONNECT in the screen ,the software connect button then changes to Disconnect but it doesn't show anything in the upper window .And furthermore,allthough I waited for about more than a minute ,still nothing shows .Then , after two minutes or so comes a small pop up window showing: Time out error! and when I click on the OK button it has , everything closes .And all that time I couldn't even click on any button.It's seems as though the program had froze .And the X1 still is on the X1 TO PC CONNECT state.I then have to reboot the keyboard which resets itself to none even though it is still plugged to the pc .I think that normally , the keyboard should stay on the PC setup after rebooting .

Now since it wouldn't work with the Comm 2 setup ,I tried to change into connecting Comm 1,and that's then I lost my DSL driver. I tried everything I could to reinstall it ,with the Sympatico high speed modem CD but it jammed everything.I even reinstalled Windows but nothing changed. Looks to me that both are incompatible or that the modem uses my comm port 1 exclusively.As with Comm 2,there could be a problem with the speed of the transmission.I didn't have time to try it yet but I shure will try again.Hope it won't do the same thing.Unless there is another solution.Please tell me more .I desperately need to know.Thanks again.

#29781 - 07/27/03 09:39 AM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Are you using an added card with serial port, or an USB to serial adapter??

Pehraps the cable is not the good one...

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online