SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#297741 - 10/28/10 03:44 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Probably not, but the home company should provide a product that doesn't need practically a major revamp in order to sound as it should have in the first place.

Ian

Perhaps.

The T4 is what the T3 should have been and the PSR S910 is what the PSR S900 should have been.

------------------
TTG

#297742 - 10/28/10 03:48 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Have you spoken to Aj as of yet on this issue....?

Yes I have spoken to him and to be fair he has been most polite and helpful. However the advise he gave has not worked so far--I still cannot save the sliders settings despits following all advise given and i still can not assign and Save seperate outs properly -the audya reverts back every time.
In all fairness guys, half of these problems could have been averted if ketron had only printed a PROPER manual with questions and answers and a comprehensive explaination of each function . Instead they give Lip Service to most of it in my opinion

#297743 - 10/28/10 03:53 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty 999:
Yes I have spoken to him and to be fair he has been most polite and helpful. However the advise he gave has not worked so far--I still cannot save the sliders settings despite following all advise given and i still can not assign and Save separate outs properly -the audya reverts back every time.
In all fairness guys, half of these problems could have been averted if ketron had only printed a PROPER manual with questions and answers and a comprehensive explaination of each function . Instead they give Lip Service to most of it in my opinion

Rusty what can I say?....what you want to do is either Possible on the Audya..or it isn't.....or worst scenario somthing is wrong with your unit. That is what I am thinking as you say AJ has given you instructions that it "can be done"?
or am I missing something here?

#297744 - 10/28/10 03:54 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Kevin,
Proceed as follows ...

* Press MENU
* Press OUTPUT ASSIGN (F5).
* Press F1 (Out 3&4) and select the component with the up and down data arrow buttons and use the < and > data buttons to to assign the component highlighted to MAIN/STEREO or Output 3 and 4..
* Press F3 (Out 1&2) and repeat as above. Change U1 to Out 1&2 Mono so you have more options to send some components out of output 1 and others out of output 2. Again, the center of the screen will display what can be assigned to these outputs or the MAIN outputs.
* Press F2 (Out 1&2 Drums - Drum Outputs) and select which outputs you want which individual drum parts going out of (out1, out 2 and main outputs are your options).

When done, press SAVE U5/10.

Exit from here into the default screen.

Press SAVE and CUSTOM STAART UP (F6) to save so you don't have to repeat this procedure each time you power on your unit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

AJ

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to explain but unfortunately I think that is exactly the procedure I have been following and so far it has not worked. However, never say die, and I will try again later and let you know how I get on
Thanks Again !!

#297745 - 10/28/10 04:25 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
The AJAM Sonic type of upgrade is not unusual. AJ did a similar project on the SD1 called EXP. For those who remember the DX7, there was an upgrade known as Gray Matter E! ... both keyboards which I own, BTW.

Glenn

#297746 - 10/28/10 06:15 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Perhaps.

The T4 is what the T3 should have been and the PSR S910 is what the PSR S900 should have been.

Correct...I have said that very thing myself many times, although there are those who disagree with that statement.

Glad you see my point.

Ian

#297747 - 10/28/10 06:50 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Enhancement products sold b AJ are his and I agree he should be able to sell these just like he did with the SD1 upgrades. But Dan says he gets his keyboards from dealers in Maryland and Connecticut and unless he is buying them as a dealer and not as an individual, he has no authority to give them a factory warranty, only his own warranty. Warranties are in affect for original owners, not second owners and since AJ is not a dealer he cannot offer a factory Ketron warranty.
I am reading all your posts hear about the need for his upgrades and his knowledge base for these products. Those that don't see any conflict with his selling actual keyboards have probably not been in a retail business. I too think that Ketron should be paying AJ for his talents and implementing his upgrades into their products and paying him for his time in development.
I think all that have shared an opinion here have valid points. I think it's enough said.
I hope Ted from CMC has been reading these posts and will try to include AJ's upgrades in the Audya keyboards he ships out through his dealer network either paying AJ or charging dealers who in turn will charge their customers and thus allowing AJ to be compensated for his efforts.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#297748 - 10/28/10 07:05 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
George ... Amen!!! That makes perfect sense to me!

#297749 - 10/28/10 07:28 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I just wonder why it is that people who don't own an Audya, have never seen an Audya, and have no intention of ever getting one, are so intent on running it down, with such statements as it being a work in progress, or full of bugs, etc. Yes, there have been a few problems in the U.S., but there have also been thousands sold that don't have problems, including mine.
Rest assured that the Tyros 4 is certainly NOT a work in progress, because the next upgrade they offer will be the Tyros 5.
I will also bet one million dollars that I can find some bugs in it. And I will bet a somewhat lesser amount that those bugs will never be addressed by Yamaha Japan unless they cause the thing not to boot!
Some people here must have lonely, un-fulfilled lives to spend so much time running down what the other guys have.
As far as A. J., he is a brilliant technician and is trying to make money for himself. Ketron MUST be aware of his business practices and evidently condones them.
I only wish they would issue a clear explanation of what, if any, marketing rules are in place. My relationships with the distributor and A.J. have been good, so I don't really have a horse in the race except that I want the company to do well. They have a truly unique product that fills a niche that nobody else reaches.
DonM

#297750 - 10/28/10 07:59 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don you are on the money...

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online