SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#297761 - 10/29/10 10:17 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I don't twist words....my statement was true...AJ charges for upgrades.

As far as Ketron itself...they better start charging for upgrades...that's why Yamaha is still in business.

Companies do things differently...look at Roland's arranger marketing...what a joke!

If they hadn't been so dumb, and they had listened to Diki, you'd probably be able to get rid of that dinosaur, and buy something up to date, and much lighter.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-29-2010).]

Ian,

That great you've had a pop at 3 people all in one go, I can only do one on a good day, Roland OK your right but what about Roland organs what do you think about those.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#297762 - 10/29/10 10:20 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Keep in mind..AJ's package is not just simple mix changes..He has truncated and altered the audio samples to sound proper ..and added brand new samples to work with his brand new styles..I also understand that the package includes a newly burned Eprom chip...

I don't think your "free" stuff goes to that extent..Does it Ian?

#297763 - 10/29/10 10:22 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
leezone Offline

so Ian,

if YOU spent hundreds, maybe thousand dollars hiring musicians & studios to get New Audio Guitar Loops, you still would share with EVERYONE for free?
oops..the 910 doesn't have audio guitars, sorry

maybe AJ has expenses, who knows...
maybe AJ wants to be compensated, as i'm sure he could be spending his time on other things.

i too have shared my work with others,

it's too bad i don't like Yamaha arrangers to reap your benefits...

#297764 - 10/29/10 10:29 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Ian,

That great you've had a pop at 3 people all in one go, I can only do one on a good day, Roland OK your right but what about Roland organs what do you think about those.

Tony

Like you, Tony, I try to be subtle.

The Atelier is a marvelous instrument, as are the VK's, but I think you are referring more to the former.

I've played several Ateliers, but they are scarce, due to the very high price tag...they are/were, however, more plentiful than the G and E series Rolands.

I'm not a fan of touch screens, but it worked pretty good.

I see the new models offer the ability to play VIMA TUNES with optional CD Drive, you can enjoy attractive slide-shows and lyrics with music.

Certainly meant as a "home" or a permanent fixture in a club or restaurant.

What about you Tony...do the Ateliers have some sort of attraction?

Ian

#297765 - 10/29/10 10:35 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
maybe AJ has expenses, who knows...
maybe AJ wants to be compensated, as i'm sure he could be spending his time on other things.

AJ does completely different work than I do...no doubt he has expenses.

Then again, so do I.

I'm not criticizing the fact that he charges...I'm just saying he does.

I am saying Ketron should charge for upgrades...they surely need the money.

Ian

#297766 - 10/29/10 10:54 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
"Keep in mind..AJ's package is not just simple mix changes..He has truncated and altered the audio samples to sound proper ..and added brand new samples to work with his brand new styles..I also understand that the package includes a newly burned Eprom chip..."

I'm getting confused.So current Audya owners have a product that the audio samples do not sound proper ?

I have been a long time supporter of Ketron products. So much so that my Church raised money to reimburse a church member who paid for a repacked but New Audya keyboard.

I had no idea that the audio samples could be improved to sound proper and we would need to pay to have that improvement ?

#297767 - 10/29/10 11:14 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
"Keep in mind..AJ's package is not just simple mix changes..He has truncated and altered the audio samples to sound proper ..and added brand new samples to work with his brand new styles..I also understand that the package includes a newly burned Eprom chip..."

I'm getting confused.So current Audya owners have a product that the audio samples do not sound proper ?

I have been a long time supporter of Ketron products. So much so that my Church raised money to reimburse a church member who paid for a repacked but New Audya keyboard.

I had no idea that the audio samples could be improved to sound proper and we would need to pay to have that improvement ?

Dan the audio styles needed to be synced properly ..there were known glitches that appeared to be a timing problem when changing variations or fills...AJ found the problem to be the lengths and starting points of the Audio loops..He changed the starting position and truncated the ends to match the style positions...

I hope this helps, to understand some of his work..

#297768 - 10/29/10 11:16 AM Re: My first impression of the Audya
leezone Offline

Dan,

some styles which use audio loops, are not perfect,

i have posted examples of this

when audio loops repeat, there sometimes is a click, or it's slightly delayed or ahead

and AJ, i believe, is working on this

many people are OK with how it sounds
in fact, many don't even notice it
but my ears are quite sensitive, as you may already know
it's all about audio markers
there are not enough of them,
and some loops may not be of EXACT length

so hopefully AJ will fix EVERYTHING,

i too will help in giving AJ a list of "problematic" styles

even though the AUDYA has this "issue"
it's something that is known as hopefully soon will be fixed, for those of us who are picky, like me of course...

#297769 - 10/29/10 02:43 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
My biggest problem is not having enough time to dig deeper with the keyboard. I do enough to use it for praise and worship use at my church. But that's it.

I am primarily on line at work and due to restrictions at work, I can not view video's. So all the demo's posted of audio problems I have not listened too. When I am home, my teenage son and my facebook addicted wife are always on the laptop. Since I am on line all day at work, the last thing I want is to hop on line.

As a former retail music store owner who carried Ketron products, it would bother me if there was some under mining of opportunity to sell the product.

When I had my music store, AJ worked for me part time. I was around when he met with Ketron and was hired.We go way back.

With that said,retail store owners pay rent and enter into contracts with manufacturers to basically product their inventments.

So I side with retailers who have families to feed. Anyone can sell used Ketrons, but
I see this situation as a conflict of interest and not a good business practice.

It's not fair to retail store owners.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 10-29-2010).]

#297770 - 10/29/10 03:24 PM Re: My first impression of the Audya
to the genesys Offline

Just to be clear, I was referring to Ketron giving free upgrades not a third party like AJ providing a product that he sees people want and creating and selling the product.

------------------
TTG

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online