SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2966 - 11/24/03 11:30 AM Anyone displaying lryics live?
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I'm a worship leader (from time to time) and was wondering if anyone plays live while projecting lyrics on a screen via a PC? I've been using MS Powerpoint slide shows up till now and it works good bu I have to have someone control the slide show (hitting enter at the right moment).
I want to automate this so I can handle this changing of lryics without having to rely (recruit) someone.

Has anyone done this? I'm sorry if I'm on the wrong forum for this also.

I have thought about using a karaoke player program, such as Gasman Multimedie Karaoke Editor.

What I would do is set up the karaoke file then play it on the PC, basically these MIDI karaoke files are lryics (text) blended with Midi data. The player send the midi data to a midi output device or midi mapper, while the lryics are sent to eh screen.

So I thought for a live gig, I could start create a karaoke file that has a click track only. This would keep my live tempo in sync with the karaoke file so I could control when I want lyrics to appear.

Has anyone else delved into this areana. Anyone with experience here? Is there a "best" program for this?

Any help from someone whose trod this path would be most welcomed. Thanx

Peace
Bob
<><

#2967 - 11/24/03 04:26 PM Re: Anyone displaying lryics live?
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
I did use this once with a borrowed arranger keyboard (gem wk8) this keyboard has a PAL output for direct display on videoscreens.

A lot of the higher end arranger keyboards do have this feature these days, but I am not aware of any synth having this possibility.

You might adress your question on the General arranger section of this BBS.
There are a couple of posters there using only software who might be able to help.

Fred

#2968 - 11/25/03 07:10 AM Re: Anyone displaying lryics live?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
try http://www.vanbasco.com for some karaoke help.

The Roland Discover5, VA-7 and VR-760 keyboards do live lyrics, as do a few of the Yamaha arrangers PSR2000 and above.

Check out the General Arranger Forum for some helpful members.

#2969 - 12/02/03 01:34 PM Re: Anyone displaying lryics live?
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Thank you both for your responses. After talking with others in my band, we decided to continue recruiting someone to advance powerpoint slides for us. We are all too nervous to play to a click track and are worried if something went wrong, it would really mess up our audience/congregation. But now I'm wondering if there's a foot switch out there that can be hooked up to a computer that can act as an enter key. I guess that's my next thing to research.

Thanks again. By the way... I checked out the VR-760... I like that board!

Peace
Bob
<><

#2970 - 12/02/03 07:32 PM Re: Anyone displaying lryics live?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Vanbasco works flawlessly, and will not require any human direction, once a midi file has started. Use a laptop to trigger a good quality sound source, and route the video from the pc into a monitor or progector. Should be a piece of cake ... or should I say, A "slice of heaven" for you !

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online