SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#29684 - 09/19/04 09:04 AM Re: Link to OS updates for X1 urgently needed!
Anonymous
Unregistered

AJ,
thanks for your replay to Gigi.I have now changed to Gigi1
I have tested what you say with both OS 3.2a and 4.0a but unfortunatly the X1 doesn't do what I am looking for.
For instance: split on and style running in fingered mode playing an F chord; if you play a single note on the left split, the chord changes and on the display shows the corresponding major chord. ( playing an A note cause the display to change in Amajor chord and you hera a new chord)
The feature I am looking for is already present in the pianist mode where if you play a single or a double note the running chord doesn't change; it changes only if you play at least 3 note at the same time on the whole keyboard.
I hope it is now more clear and I send my best greetings to you from Italy.
Gigi1

#29685 - 09/19/04 09:28 PM Re: Link to OS updates for X1 urgently needed!
Cosmik Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Hi Gigi,
I also like adding some walking notes with my left hand when I play and I like your suggestion about chords changing only if three or more notes are played.
So I tried the various modes.

In Pianist mode, the chord behaves the way
you indicated (the chord changes only if three notes are played).

In easy mode (1 and 2), the whole accompainiment changes based on one note (major) or two notes (minor, 7th, etc.) depending on the two notes interval.

In fingered modes 1 and 2 the display shows the chord changing when you press another note, and it goes to major, but it sounds to me that what is played is not quite the full accompaniment chord as if you are in easy mode.

For our purposes, this is not really as good as when the chord is maintained (pianist mode), but at least -in a quick change- it is not as evident like changing the accompaniment entirely as happens in easy mode if you walk the left hand.

May be AJ knows if/which other settings may have to be changed.
If not, let's hope that Ketron and AJ will consider and implement your suggestion in the next version of the OS.

Best regards
Gino

thanks for your replay to Gigi.I have now changed to Gigi1
I have tested what you say with both OS 3.2a and 4.0a but unfortunatly the X1 doesn't do what I am looking for.
For instance: split on and style running in fingered mode playing an F chord; if you play a single note on the left split, the chord changes and on the display shows the corresponding major chord. ( playing an A note cause the display to change in Amajor chord and you hera a new chord)
The feature I am looking for is already present in the pianist mode where if you play a single or a double note the running chord doesn't change; it changes only if you play at least 3 note at the same time on the whole keyboard.
I hope it is now more clear and I send my best greetings to you from Italy.
Gigi1

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online