Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#296645 - 10/14/10 06:54 PM Re: Ordering a T4 today...selling the T3 later
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Now, ask yourself this question: Will buying this keyboard bring about a significant increase in the number of jobs I'm performing. Of course, the answer to this question is "not likely." Will you sound so much better that people will be beating down the doors and ringing the telephone off the hook begging you to do more jobs for them? NAH! It ain't gonna' happen.

:

For gigging, a MOTL arranger like the PSR-3000 you are using, or in my case, a PSR-S910, does the job admirably...sounds 99% of what a TOTL will sound to the audience, plus having two, one for backup, is affordable, and a good plan.

If I was strictly a home player, recording and perhaps making CDs for sale, I'd choose a Tyros4 for the utmost in sound quality...I'd only need one, since it won't be enduring the rigors of travel.

Bottom line for me, in order to make a nice profit, with the least overhead, I'd go with a mid-range arranger...the S910 being the instrument that would best suit my needs.

Ian

#296646 - 10/14/10 07:01 PM Re: Ordering a T4 today...selling the T3 later
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Anyone who is paying $5000 for a Tyros4 isn't shopping around. Either is anyone paying $4000. I have already presold my Tyros3 and am only taking a $1100 difference. Calculating the 2 years between the Tyros3 and Tyros4 it's costing me less than $50 a month to upgrade to a Tyros4. That's a lot of bang for my buck! I love my Tyros3 and will love Tyros4 even more. -charley

#296647 - 10/14/10 10:04 PM Re: Ordering a T4 today...selling the T3 later
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
Anyone who is paying $5000 for a Tyros4 isn't shopping around. Either is anyone paying $4000. I have already presold my Tyros3 and am only taking a $1100 difference. Calculating the 2 years between the Tyros3 and Tyros4 it's costing me less than $50 a month to upgrade to a Tyros4. That's a lot of bang for my buck! I love my Tyros3 and will love Tyros4 even more. -charley

You are right. Anyone paying $5000 for a tyros is only doing it because they want local support and have no alternatives. Otherwise they should be able to get on well under $4000. Problem is most people will pay $1000 under Map for a Tyros and unless they get $2800 for their T3 the spread will be much higher. The T3 is not worth close to that much used. $2200 max in pristine condtion with original box and paperwork without road scars.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#296648 - 10/15/10 08:47 AM Re: Ordering a T4 today...selling the T3 later
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
If I was strictly a home player, recording and perhaps making CDs for sale, I'd choose a Tyros4 for the utmost in sound quality...I'd only need one, since it won't be enduring the rigors of travel

Personally, were I a home player and recordist, looking for the best sounds, I'd go to a VSTi rig, and STILL use just a MOTL arranger to generate some of the Parts (in MIDI) and replace them with something that sounds GOOD...

#296649 - 10/15/10 09:02 AM Re: Ordering a T4 today...selling the T3 later
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Personally, were I a home player and recordist, looking for the best sounds, I'd go to a VSTi rig, and STILL use just a MOTL arranger to generate some of the Parts (in MIDI) and replace them with something that sounds GOOD...

Yes, we each have our own idea of the best ways to do home recording.

I've never been interested in VST's.

The Tyros4 would be better for me for home use/recording...the S910 is a better gigging instrument.

If given the choice for only one instrument, I'd still pick the S910.

It's a beauty.

Ian

#296650 - 10/15/10 01:03 PM Re: Ordering a T4 today...selling the T3 later
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Yep ..That's what I do....The Tyros is a sketch pad for original music at best. I get to hear the "possibilities" but always remember that ALL of it is about what already HAS BEEN DONE....It' strength lies in reproducing and making cheap an royalty free sound beds for Videographers with low budget projects and Royalty free "noodle" music for Restaurants and other establishments (that don't have a TV) to avoid the performance rights orgs from knocking on their doors.

All that said for most local or gig CD sales a completed project on a Tyros is more than sufficient and convincing..including vocals. The general public is simply not that sophisticated to really hear the difference between a Tyros and Garritan , Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings on their Mp3 players through Skull crushers...LOL Or even in their cars on a read CD. They consume the music like a Mc burger and move on....

Many times gig CD sales are more "souvenirs" than actual serious music purchases. Unless one is looking for a national distribution channel via a major label, not already available via Itunes and Amazon...In the right hands, the Tyros could suffice for most as a CD production center. Hell the S910 could as well as the TOTL Korgs and Rolands...etc.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-15-2010).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online