SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#296624 - 10/15/10 02:09 PM Re: What do the top of the line Ketron, Roland, Korg and Gem Arranger keyboards SHARE?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The arranger was the bastard offspring of the home organ... and ground zero for the home organ industry used to be Italy. Stands to reason that many of the same people doing auto accompaniment for home organs would migrate to the arranger business.

#296625 - 10/16/10 12:29 AM Re: What do the top of the line Ketron, Roland, Korg and Gem Arranger keyboards SHARE?
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Speaking of the home organ business. I did that for 30 years. There were some great sounding instruments that came out of Italy, but, what did all the Italian organs share? They broke down more while the Japanese Yamaha, Technics and the Roland Ateliar's rarely needed service. And really the Japanese technology was always ahead of Italian brands.

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 10-16-2010).]

#296626 - 10/16/10 12:59 AM Re: What do the top of the line Ketron, Roland, Korg and Gem Arranger keyboards SHARE?
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Speaking of the home organ business. I did that for 30 years. There were some great sounding instruments that came out of Italy, but, what did all the Italian organs share? They broke down more while the Japanese Yamaha, Technics and the Roland Ateliar's rarely needed service. And really the Japanese technology was always ahead of Italian brands.

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 10-16-2010).]

as for technology, Japan has always been ahead of any other countries....don't know if you knew that?

Also, say what you want but in the 90's the only brands that could really compete with Yamaha and Technics arrangers were the Italian Roland, Gem and Ketron.

Never seen an arranger keyboard from UK or France or Sweden... why ? No keyboard players there?

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 10-16-2010).]

#296627 - 10/16/10 01:02 AM Re: What do the top of the line Ketron, Roland, Korg and Gem Arranger keyboards SHARE?
Diki Offline

But my recollection of them is that they sold quite inexpensively...

They were the Casio's of their day

#296628 - 10/16/10 01:08 AM Re: What do the top of the line Ketron, Roland, Korg and Gem Arranger keyboards SHARE?

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
The arranger was the bastard offspring of the home organ... and ground zero for the home organ industry used to be Italy. Stands to reason that many of the same people doing auto accompaniment for home organs would migrate to the arranger business.

That might have been the reason in the 70's and 80's, but in the 90's I think the reason was simply work. Getting paid to entertain other people. Your answer doesn't really explain why Ketron or Gem didn't really price their instruments 'for the home user'.

But anyways, who cares....the present is all that matters.

#296629 - 10/16/10 01:10 AM Re: What do the top of the line Ketron, Roland, Korg and Gem Arranger keyboards SHARE?

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 10-16-2010).]

#296630 - 10/16/10 10:06 PM Re: What do the top of the line Ketron, Roland, Korg and Gem Arranger keyboards SHARE?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
But anyways, who cares....the present is all that matters.

I sometimes get the impression that the FUTURE is the only thing that matters here...

What is just ABOUT to come out, what is going to happen NEXT, what Yamaha or Korg or Ketron (or even optimistically, Roland!) are going to come out with SOON

Not so much about what we are playing NOW... And definitely NOT about what we have been playing for the last five years or more!

#296631 - 10/16/10 11:05 PM Re: What do the top of the line Ketron, Roland, Korg and Gem Arranger keyboards SHARE?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I recently upgraded my Band in a Box software, so that I had access to all of the Real Track audio styles for BIAB.
What a difference audio styles make.
Rock & Country styles that sound realistic compared to the old midi versions. I'm not a Rock or Country player, but I'm giving it a go. haahaa
Unfortunately, the closest I'll probably get to having audio.

Can't imagine how brilliant the Audya must sound with audio tracks. Maybe one day the price will drop over here, considering our Aussie dollar is doing well.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#296632 - 10/16/10 11:50 PM Re: What do the top of the line Ketron, Roland, Korg and Gem Arranger keyboards SHARE?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi AJ
Wow,
am I imagining things, or does the STYLE COMPILER software allow you to create styles from midifiles, similar to what the Korg does? ie one long midifile track with markers, to define the intro's, variations etc
best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#296633 - 10/17/10 01:38 AM Re: What do the top of the line Ketron, Roland, Korg and Gem Arranger keyboards SHARE?
Tony Hughes Offline

All this Italian engineering isn’t going to sell KBs, the T4 will perhaps outsell all the Italians KBs put together, so what gives. Yamaha know what people want, the Italians have only got their finger in the water.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online