SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#296439 - 10/12/10 04:58 AM An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
I am lucky enough to have a 1 to 1 with James Sargeant demonstrating the Tyros4, tomorrow (Wed). I am thinking of trading up from a Tyros 2 (which I still love). What questions would you folks ask if given the same hands on chance, and what facilities on the keyboard would you ask to be demonstrated. He will obviously be trying to "accentuate the positive" What do I check out on the new piano or what eq to put the drums on? I adjust and up the eq on the tyros2 drums. I am a lady home player, who plays for their own enjoyment.
Cheers
Carol

#296440 - 10/12/10 05:09 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
to the genesys Offline

Perhaps some more demonstrations of the new VH.
Also, to show how easy it is to modify a style so if you don’t want any of the vocal voices in a style how easy it to change and save the style.

------------------
TTG

#296441 - 10/12/10 05:31 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
As TTG suggested more demos using the new VH. There are some great new drum kits I'm sure he'll emphasize those but you may want to ask him some to take some extra time demoing them.

You'll never think of the Tyros2 the same way again after you hear and play the Tyros4. And with James Sargeant doing the demo, I'd be surprised you don't place an order with him on the spot. Have fun and good luck

#296442 - 10/12/10 05:51 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. How can one hear the difference between the Concert Grand SA voice on Tyros4 and the Concert Grand Live voice on Tyros3? Some posters claimed they could not hear a difference.

2. How does one access the SA features of the piano voice?

3. In using the TRSMS04 Yamaha speakers for Tyros4 should one set the keyboard volume on maximum (and adjust the room volume using the volume control on the speakers) or should the keyboard volume be set relatively low (and increase the room volume by increasing the volume control on the speakers)?

#296443 - 10/12/10 06:08 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Thank-you both for your input. I am not a singer but would like to be, so the new harmoniser which has a type of auto tune, might come in handy. I was already thinking how I could change out the "do whops" in the styles to change their flavor, but I tried that on some Tyros 2 styles and some replacement voices needed an octive change and I found that there is no facility to do that to the styles voices and I guess that has not changed on the Tyros 4. I guess you have to find a voice that suits that tuning or switch the voice off.
Cheers
Carol

#296444 - 10/12/10 06:19 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Sam, thanks for you input.
When the Tyros3 came out many people preferred the Tyros 2 piano so I hope that I am not dissapointed with the new piano. I will be using Logitech Z5500 speakers so will not be purchasing the new Yamaha Speakers. My current set up has the Tyros 2 Master Volume on full and the Logitech speakers have a control unit which sits on the keyboard and is adjusted to suit. However I hope to remember to ask your question about the speakers.
Cheers
Carol

[This message has been edited by UkTexan (edited 10-12-2010).]

#296445 - 10/12/10 06:47 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by UkTexan:
Thank-you both for your input. I am not a singer but would like to be, so the new harmoniser which has a type of auto tune, might come in handy. I was already thinking how I could change out the "do whops" in the styles to change their flavor, but I tried that on some Tyros 2 styles and some replacement voices needed an octive change and I found that there is no facility to do that to the styles voices and I guess that has not changed on the Tyros 4. I guess you have to find a voice that suits that tuning or switch the voice off.
Cheers
Carol

If the octave is wrong - and if the T4 has the same software for style editing, you might have to use a utility like Style Revoicer or Style Maker. It should be a cinch.

Changing instruments on non-Mega Voices is easy.

Beakybird

#296446 - 10/12/10 07:34 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ask him to solo whatever style Parts are doing SA voices OTHER that the doo-wops...

That's probably the most IMPORTANT thing added to the OS (for all the attention it's getting here ) and no-one's really commented, yet...

Oh, and ask him to play a full keyboard piano part... Then, as he's banging his fingers into the plastic at the low end of the keyboard, ask him why Yamaha won't make one of these with a longer keyboard..!

#296447 - 10/12/10 07:42 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
h, and ask him to play a full keyboard piano part... Then, as he's banging his fingers into the plastic at the low end of the keyboard, ask him why Yamaha won't make one of these with a longer keyboard..!

When are you gonna learn that the answer to your continual question is CLAVINOVA ?
http://yamahaclavinova.com/

#296448 - 10/12/10 07:47 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Diki Offline

If I WANTED out of date technology and sounds, sure, I would pick a Clavinova in a flash if I wanted 88 wood.

Sadly, I want TODAY'S technology in a 76, not three or four year old sounds and technology in an 88...

#296449 - 10/12/10 07:53 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Quote:
If I WANTED out of date technology and sounds, sure, I would pick a Clavinova in a flash if I wanted 88 wood.

Sadly, I want TODAY'S technology in a 76, not three or four year old sounds and technology in an 88...

well you have your G70 / Audya, or what coming from Korg & Roland......just forget Yamaha for a 76 your broken record is falling on deaf years....if you like the yam,aha sound that much use a Tyros 4 and a 76 controller.

#296450 - 10/12/10 08:06 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Diki Offline

As if your ears were the ears I even WANTED to listen...

Sadly, I don't want a Korg (too few fills), I don't want an Audya (don't want audio loops until the stuff works right), CAN'T have a new Roland (they don't make them any more), Yamaha is the only other arranger at the moment that would work for me. And they are the ONLY ones not making a plastic 76 (at least, a GOOD one! ).

That the gleeful naysayers on this forum (just HOW petty do you have to be to ENJOY saying what you say? ) are deaf ears, well, I couldn't give a rat's a$$... As if ANY of you had ANYTHING to do with the decision in the first place... I post about it for the industry trolls that lurk here. And so should everyone else that wants a Yamaha 76. And to all the people happy with Yamaha's decision, I simply say what you are trying to say....

BUTT OUT...

You don't CARE one way or the other what Yamaha make. You've already got YOURS.... allow us to ask for OURS.

#296451 - 10/12/10 08:26 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:

Or continue to use the out of date technology in that dinosaur you already own...

Ian

#296452 - 10/12/10 08:34 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Sadly, I don't want a Korg (too few fills), I don't want an Audya (don't want audio loops until the stuff works right), CAN'T have a new Roland (they don't make them any more), Yamaha is the only other arranger at the moment that would work for me. And they are the ONLY ones not making a plastic 76 (at least, a GOOD one! ).

you just stated you cant live with less fills and you want a Yamaha with light touch plastic keeyfeel?.....who arte you kidding diki? enjoy your two g70s it will be years before they make an arranger that You like ....and i dont think anyone cares either.....then you have the I STRIP MY STYLES down to nothing group also...so whats the sense?......keep complaining its really entertaining...just keep using your SMF backing tracks and play the piano of your choice, let the guitar player sing & play along.....problem solved..

carry on

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-12-2010).]

#296453 - 10/12/10 08:35 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
If the octave is wrong - and if the T4 has the same software for style editing, you might have to use a utility like Style Revoicer or Style Maker. It should be a cinch.

Changing instruments on non-Mega Voices is easy.

Beakybird

Thanks for the info.
Cheers
Carol

#296454 - 10/12/10 09:08 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki,
Of course we haven't seen the details yet..but it just might be time for you to look at Korg again. (Dont know if they will go with more than 2 fills or not, but with the new parms...it isn't that bad with 2). You can use PADS for fill as well and they are synced to the style. Very easy to program your own as fills.

If Yamaha does not want our business..screw them...we will go elsewhere.
It might happen more than they may think!

Lee S.

#296455 - 10/12/10 09:23 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

If Yamaha does not want our business..screw them...we will go elsewhere.
It might happen more than they may think!

Lee S.

It appears Roland doesn't want your business either...they dropped their 76 note arrangers, because of poor sales.

But, you are right about Korg, Lee...they make terrific TOTL arrangers, both 61 and 76...if I was looking for a 76, or recommending one, I'd go with Korg.

Ian

#296456 - 10/12/10 09:44 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
It appears Roland doesn't want your business either...they dropped their 76 note arrangers, because of poor sales.

But, you are right about Korg, Lee...they make terrific TOTL arrangers, both 61 and 76...if I was looking for a 76, or recommending one, I'd go with Korg.

Ian

Roland didn't drop 76 key arrangers, they dropped TOTL arrangers in general (for now)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#296457 - 10/12/10 09:57 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Roland didn't drop 76 key arrangers, they dropped TOTL arrangers in general (for now)

Don't underestamate Roland ...

#296458 - 10/12/10 10:07 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Or continue to use the out of date technology in that dinosaur you already own...

Ian

Ian,

How dare you, how dare you speak to Diki in that condescending way, glad you did and not me, just you wait he’s still pondering an answer, but sure as hell it will come.

One can't just help one's self at times like these.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#296459 - 10/12/10 10:09 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

That's true, meaning that, in regards to TOTL arrangers, Roland has nothing in 61 OR 76.

There must be a 49 note TOTL instrument on the way, since they couldn't sell 61 or 76.

So, really, if you want TOTL 76, all that remains to choose from is Korg or Audya.

Ian

#296460 - 10/12/10 10:11 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

1,2,Cha, Cha, Cha

#296461 - 10/12/10 10:24 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Ian,

How dare you, how dare you speak to Diki in that condescending way, glad you did and not me, just you wait he’s still pondering an answer, but sure as hell it will come.

Yes, I imagine he will Tony, a thread isn't a thread until it's been Diki-fied up a bit.

I do feel my remarks were more accurate than condescending, however, but some fan boys get pretty sensitive about their little Dino's.

Ian

#296462 - 10/12/10 10:32 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

I do feel my remarks were more accurate than condescending,

Ian

Yes perhaps you are right Ian, anyway still wait for the bang! Anytime nowwwwwwwwwww, Dikified I love that word, what would that conjure up in the English dictionary
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#296463 - 10/12/10 11:27 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Diki’s mention of SA voices in the styles is a good question, as from what I can gather from the information currently available, they are only used in the programmed Intro/Endings, and not in the style itself. (Due to the way SA voices work I would have thought using them in styles would be impossible anyway, but I would be interested to know one way or the other)
Regards

Bill

#296464 - 10/12/10 12:15 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
As if your ears were the ears I even WANTED to listen...

That the gleeful naysayers on this forum (just HOW petty do you have to be to ENJOY saying what you say? ) are deaf ears, well, I couldn't give a rat's a$$... As if ANY of you had ANYTHING to do with the decision in the first place... I post about it for the industry trolls that lurk here. And so should everyone else that wants a Yamaha 76. And to all the people happy with Yamaha's decision, I simply say what you are trying to say....

BUTT OUT...

You don't CARE one way or the other what Yamaha make. You've already got YOURS.... allow us to ask for OURS.

And Diki, with respect, please heed your own advice and stop injecting this dogma into threads.
Initiate your own main thread if you feel like it.

And if your are on your quest and want to attract the attention of "Trolls" (although you may have lost sympathetic watchers with THAT one!!) then this is maybe the best way!!

I too would LOVE a PSR 76 note, so please understand that, BUT this constant harping over the top of other peoples thread is becoming very tiresome...I am not sure if others feel it too, but I do. I want to read threads and posts about the subject at hand

If you started a thread re the psr76 note issue I certainly would join in and offer my thoughts

Not trying to be nasty, here and it is nothing against you personally, just this strategy you have adopted.

Dennis

#296465 - 10/12/10 03:14 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Yes, I imagine he will Tony, a thread isn't a thread until it's been Diki-fied up a bit.

Now thats funny

#296466 - 10/12/10 03:21 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
When are you gonna learn that the answer to your continual question is CLAVINOVA ?
http://yamahaclavinova.com/

DNJ why did you have to do this? The tread was going along so well until you had to make that comment and then things went down hill from there. You made the thread go south. And, you made Iana do what he said he was not going to do.
Diki’s comment was a passing one you could have just left it alone.

------------------
TTG

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 10-12-2010).]

#296467 - 10/12/10 03:22 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
to the genesys Offline

Double post

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 10-12-2010).]

#296468 - 10/12/10 04:00 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
DNJ why did you have to do this? The tread was going along so well until you had to make that comment and then things went down hill from there. You made the thread go south. And, you made Iana do what he said he was not going to do.
Diki’s comment was a passing one you could have just left it alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7HA2KeaBjg

#296469 - 10/13/10 11:16 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Diki Offline

Ian is completely incapable of following his own directives. Say ANYTHING negative about Yamaha's... Go on, I dare you! I DOUBLE-DARE you..!

Watch how many milliseconds it takes for Ian to jump in. Even when he says he WON'T. Terminal 'last-word-ism' in its' most virulent form! Totally incurable

At least I am honest enough to say that I have NO INTENTION of letting up on this point. As none of its' opposition have anything of value to say but dogma (every single argument has been proven nonfactual), all we are left with is theology from them.

Me, I'd rather talk about ARRANGERS...

Once again, for those that would like to stick their fingers in their ears, go 'La-la-la-la' as loudly as they can to pretend that this unanswered question has gone away, I suggest the use of the 'Back' button, NOT the 'Submit' button as the best way of shortening the discussion...

#296470 - 10/13/10 12:15 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Ian is completely incapable of following his own directives. Say ANYTHING negative about Yamaha's... Go on, I dare you! I DOUBLE-DARE you..!

Watch how many milliseconds it takes for Ian to jump in. Even when he says he WON'T. Terminal 'last-word-ism' in its' most virulent form! Totally incurable

At least I am honest enough to say that I have NO INTENTION of letting up on this point. As none of its' opposition have anything of value to say but dogma (every single argument has been proven nonfactual), all we are left with is theology from them.

Me, I'd rather talk about ARRANGERS...

Once again, for those that would like to stick their fingers in their ears, go 'La-la-la-la' as loudly as they can to pretend that this unanswered question has gone away, I suggest the use of the 'Back' button, NOT the 'Submit' button as the best way of shortening the discussion...

and DIki, don't you think that could also apply to you?

As I said earlier, why not start your own thread about it instead? Seems to me to be a better way.

I would hazard a guess, and say most tracking this thread or other threads are probably skipping right past your posts, so this continual insertion of your opinion is really a waste of time, WHERE you are writing it, don't you think?

For what its worth, I too think Yamaha SHOULD do a 76 note PSR/Tyros, but I think writing this opinion in every post would get tiresome, yes?

Dennis

#296471 - 10/13/10 12:28 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Ian is completely incapable of following his own directives.

Yes I know Diki...I'm guilty as charged.

It will probably happen again, as I don't listen to my own directives any better than you heed your own.

C'est la vie.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-13-2010).]

#296472 - 10/13/10 04:06 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
leeboy Offline

Well...Carol...how did it go?
Lee S.

#296473 - 10/14/10 03:59 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Well...Carol...how did it go?
Lee S.

Well, after seeing how this thread degenerated I'm surprised you even want to know. Even you said "screw them" to Yamaha. However, Thank-You for asking.

I mentioned I was female, and even that didn't stop this thread from becoming a 10 year old boy argument.

I had about One and half hours of very usefull explaination of the Tyros 4, which I videod. I put all relevent questions that the group had asked and some of my own. I did not ask about the 76 key controversy, as, basically it was not relevant as I was getting a very good demonstration of THIS keyboard, not one that may or may not be on the drawing board in the future. I also belong to a keyboard club which had the benefit of a full 2 hour demonstration by James Sargeant the same evening.

I was hoping for sensible questions as I spent 5 years living in Dallas, and realise that in the UK we are trully fortunate in the info we get from the demonstrations which are freely available. There are at least 4 venues within 50 miles that I could go to, to hear a full professional free demonstration. The one I went to is a 5 minite drive from where I live. The staff in the shop know about arranger keyboards, unlike places like Guitar Center etc. in USA. This is why I am truly disappointed in the degeneration of this thread. Some of you may have to travel hundreds of miles to get the arranger keyboard support that I am able to get locally.

I will revue my Videos of both the 1 to 1 and the full formal demo and hope to give you a full report soon. However, I can say, that I was so suitable impressed, to trade-in my Tyros 2 with hard drive and Dimms plus lots of cash, for a new Tyros 4, which I hope to get near the end of Oct.

In case the group think I am a Yamaha "fan". I own a Technics KN7000 (bought in a Piano specialist store in Dallas whose staff hadn't a clue what it was), a Korg Pa2x 76 keyboard (I find the operating system difficult but hope to master it one day) and a Tyros 2, which I play most days.

I had the same full demonstrations of the Tyros 3 but I was still happy with the Tyros 2, but the jump from the 2 to the 4 is a really huge improvement.

I thank the group for the intelligent questions that were posed at the beginning of the thread but unfortunately someone reading this thread from the beginning hoping to get to get my personal view of the "demo" may give up because of the trash in the middle.

In short, the Drums are much better, the Choirs and do wops, are amazing. The overall sound has improved ( lots more than T2, but for T3 owners not as much as a leap but still improved due to the drums and sa voices in the styles). I can't tell about the improvement between the Yamaha speakers as I have never owned them and use Logitech Z5500 system. James, who is not a singer, sang using the VH system. I tried the Tyros2 vocal system and gave up as I sounded awful. The shop is so confident on this facility that they are "throwing in" a boom mike stand and microphone. He used the VH facility where he spoke into the mike, whilst playing the chords and right hand melody, and it sounded like synthetic singing. Ok nothing like a real singer, but for people who can't sing it makes a change from only playing the melody. I believe Audia does the same thing, as I saw that at another demonstration. James also sang with harmony and it sounded quite good. For a non singer to sound good I guess means that someone who can truly sing should sound amazing.

As other people have said, if you can get a live demo go for it. Other than that the u tube videos give an impression but not the whole story. I still haven't played the Tyros4 myself and accept there will be a learning curve to use the new facilities.

To Be Continued ................

Carol

#296474 - 10/14/10 04:37 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
musicman100 Offline

Hi Carol,

Thanks for that review.

I am going to see a demo tomorrow and I should be able to play it.

I look forward to your further comments.

Nigel

#296475 - 10/14/10 04:49 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Nigel, Hope you enjoy your demo. Are you thinking of upgrading from a previous keyboard, or are you just curious?
Cheers
Carol

#296476 - 10/14/10 04:54 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
nielshs Offline

Hi

If the drums are improved, why can't I hear it in the demos? It sounds like the T3 IMHO.

Regards
Niels

#296477 - 10/14/10 04:56 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Well, after seeing how this thread degenerated I'm surprised you even want to know. Even you said "screw them" to Yamaha. However, Thank-You for asking.

However, I can say, that I was so suitable impressed, to trade-in my Tyros 2 with hard drive and Dimms plus lots of cash, for a new Tyros 4, which I hope to get near the end of Oct.

I had the same full demonstrations of the Tyros 3 but I was still happy with the Tyros 2, but the jump from the 2 to the 4 is a really huge improvement.

IIn short, the Drums are much better, the Choirs and do wops, are amazing. The overall sound has improved ( lots more than T2, but for T3 owners not as much as a leap but still improved due to the drums and sa voices in the styles). As other people have said, if you can get a live demo go for it. Other than that the u tube videos give an impression but not the whole story. I still haven't played the Tyros4 myself and accept there will be a learning curve to use the new facilities.

To Be Continued ................

Carol

Carol, thank you for persevering and thank you for the excellent unbiased review.

My apologies for any part I might have played in the degeneration of the thread.

I expect to have my Tyros4 in a few weeks, and your review has heightened my excitement even more.

I had the same perception as you about the big leap from Tyros2 to T4 and the smaller jump from Tyros3 to Tyros4, and I have heard others express the same insight.

Thanks again for returning to the thread, and I am looking forward to your review of the Tyros4 after spending some time with it.

Ian

#296478 - 10/14/10 07:20 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Carol,
Weren't you at the Shreveport jam when I was there in LA? Thank you for the pre T4 review hope to hear more from your experiences....

#296479 - 10/14/10 08:25 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[B]Carol,
Weren't you at the Shreveport jam when I was there in LA?

No, sorry, I was not there. In fact I felt very isolated in USA as far as playing an arranger keyboard at that time (Technics). If I asked about Technics keyboards in the musical instrument stores the salesperson thought I meant DJ Turntables. This is why I am so pleased about the UK support. We pay more but we appear to have more stores to choose from and staff that have a much better knowledge of the product.

I know these staff and store owners are available in the USA but they are not the norm.

We also have a network of Organ and Keyboard Clubs which seem to have an increasingly ageing audience. I would love to see more modern music played at these venues otherwise I fear they will die out through dwindling attendance. Some of the professional players that go around the Organ club circuit do play modern music (Chris Stanbury plays a wicked Bohemian Rhapsody on an imported Stagea Organ), however most of the pieces of music are extreamly well played music from the theatre shows, Classical, or pre 1959 plus some Abba. I think if B3 style jazz or in your face distorted guitar was played there would be complaints to the "committee" and synth voices are definately never heard. However, I feel lucky to have the evenings entertainment for about £5 which is very good value for the UK.

Slightly off topic but I hope you found the info interesting.

Cheers

Carol

#296480 - 10/14/10 08:47 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Ok Carol I thought it was you ......there was a nice woman there from Dallas (?) I think also playing an arranger KB....

good luck with your music..

#296481 - 10/14/10 09:17 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Diki Offline

Well, I look forward to the opportunity, should it ever fall my way, to ignoring YOUR legitimate questions when given the rare opportunity to talk to an actual factory rep, rather than the apologists here...

I mean, as long as MY questions get answered (or at least, asked), why should I give a shi*t about what YOU might want to know..? It's not like we are all members at a community of arranger players or anything...

Oh, WHOOPS...! We are!

Too bad!

#296482 - 10/14/10 09:19 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ok Carol I thought it was you ......there was a nice woman there from Dallas (?) I think also playing an arranger KB....

good luck with your music..

That was Fran in disguise, scoping out the Yamaha's

Jerryghr

#296483 - 10/14/10 09:39 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Quote:
Well, I look forward to the opportunity, should it ever fall my way, to ignoring YOUR legitimate questions when given the rare opportunity to talk to an actual factory rep, rather than the apologists here...

I mean, as long as MY questions get answered (or at least, asked), why should I give a shi*t about what YOU might want to know..? It's not like we are all members at a community of arranger players or anything...

Oh, WHOOPS...! We are!

Too bad!

Well Done Diki
I have now LEFT synthzone.
I would have given the answers to the questions posed by the community on the Tyros 4 to the best of my ability but it does not appear to be a community but organised by a few bullies and why should I subject myself to that as I left school long ago. I apologise to those to whom I could have had sensible dialogue. Thank you all for some valuable information that I have found from you all in the past from Lurking on this site. Now you all know why the lurkers do not post. Look what happens
Bye

Carol

#296484 - 10/14/10 09:58 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Diki Offline

You already brought up your reasons why you DELIBERATELY chose your course of action. No doubt, were the situation reversed, you would feel insulted that a consideration of YOURS was dismissed so casually. And perhaps put it down to being a woman lurker, too...

I'm sorry, but I feel that it was YOU that chose to make this confrontational. Read the start of this thread. Ask yourself whether my first post was a legitimate question or not. Then look at the predictable fanboy degeneration. Are you sure you are placing your 'blame' where it is deserved?

If I can't post anywhere on this forum without the Greek Chorus of Ian and Dnj chiming in afterwards with irrelevance and flaming, you want to blame ME for that..?

And if asking about the SA voices in styles or why Yamaha choose to not offer a keyboard long enough to be actually usable for the piano sound AREN'T legitimate questions, I would sure like to know what is..?

YOU opened this door, and asked us what we would like you to ask. I asked. If the consequences of doing that is so predictable, why are you in such a huff when it happened..?

#296485 - 10/14/10 12:16 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
If I can't post anywhere on this forum without the Greek Chorus of Ian and Dnj chiming in afterwards with irrelevance and flaming, you want to blame ME for that..?

Hey Sunshine, don't try and weasel out of your lack of interpersonal skills by blaming others for your behavior.

At least grow a pair and admit you're responsible for your own actions.

This is just another fine example of how a thread gets "Dikified"...

Ian

#296486 - 10/14/10 02:00 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
leeboy Offline

Carol,
Thanks for the review data.I bet you had a nice time.

Lee S.

#296487 - 10/15/10 12:33 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
musicman100 Offline

Quote:

Nigel, Hope you enjoy your demo. Are you thinking of upgrading from a previous keyboard, or are you just curious?
Cheers
Carol

Hi Carol,

I work as a composer and arranger, mainly for Keyboards. I have just finish working on music for a keyboard exam.

I have had lots of keyboard in the past -started on piano then went on to a Yamaha organ. Bought one of the first Yamaha keyboard a PSR70 for £600 (a lot of money then!!!). I have still that keyboard and since then I have had synthesiers anf finally ended with a KN2000 which I also still have.

Getting back to the Tyros I am moving house soon and I had a CVP407 which was great!!!. But I have recently sold that since the new house is to small for that. So that is why I am buying a Tyros 4 to replace my cvp 407. I have alrady ordered one since I klknow it will better sound wise then my cvp which was excellent anyway.

Are you going to get one?

Thanks

Nigel

#296488 - 10/15/10 05:22 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Nigel congrats on your NEW TYROS4....
wow what a surprise.

#296489 - 10/15/10 08:37 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Beakybird Offline

I am so sorry to lose a civilized person on this forum.

Diki, I think it is so ... I cannot think of anything but a swear word.

Here is a woman coming on this forum who is going to have personal time with a Yamaha demonstrator. She is nice enough to offer to pose questions fielded by members of Synthzone about the T4. She did not offer to pose questions about future keyboards. She did not offer to make complaints on other people's behalf.

Most sane people would agree that she has the right to ask whatever she wants.

Diki's reaction is so out of line, so abrasive.

It makes this forum extremely unpleasant for me and others.

Beakybird

#296490 - 10/15/10 01:31 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Well Done Diki
I have now LEFT synthzone..why should I subject myself to that..Now you all know why the lurkers do not post. Look what happens
Bye

OH GOOD GRIEF stricken moses..what a gentle unmurmering world society is desparatly trying it's damnest to accomplish.

News bulletin: This is an adult world!
It's funny Carol, for the exact SAME reason you are leaving synthzone IS the exact same reason i try to come here daily!
It is the last remaining site where big balled creatures are tested and then separated from the boys gather. IF it were all barney&friends/hugs&kisses it would stagnate fast for me like all the other policed forums of nicities of dullards!
If it were not for Diki..well..it would be a BP event all over again, for me for certain!

THANK GOD for the awfully few UNbiased people spitting out truthful infomation and commentary as they genuinely SEE IT,what a dull world if everyone had the same finger print/opinions!

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 10-15-2010).]

#296491 - 10/15/10 03:45 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

mr9000 how do you resist the urge to buy a new tyros 4 verses the older 9k..........
of which I owned 2 also years ago...is it still 49lbs & 61 keys?

#296492 - 10/15/10 04:47 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Maybe the Dimple 12 y.o. talking but I have to say this:

Are you all so easily offended? Diki didn't asked for the heavens in his plate to feast upon, just asked a legit question. You or I or others may not like it, but he was invited to ask and he asked. Simple as that.

It is sad to lose a civilised member, I can't agree more, but if you look at it from the other side, If Carol (bless her) was so easily offended by Diki, she wouldn't last that long here. One post going a little left or right and the usual suspects would eat her alive.

Hope Carol acquires the thick skin required and return here, we will all (and she) be privileged.

Carol, thanks for your time and patience in posting here, just think of this forum as a subset of the real world. Enough good people, and also some people misbehaving. So what, join us, have fun. You can't lose.
Trident

#296493 - 10/15/10 04:53 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
ianmcnll Offline

Nah, Diki just wanted to get rid of her because there would be one less Yamaha person to have to deal with.

Ian

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online