Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#296479 - 10/14/10 08:25 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[B]Carol,
Weren't you at the Shreveport jam when I was there in LA?

No, sorry, I was not there. In fact I felt very isolated in USA as far as playing an arranger keyboard at that time (Technics). If I asked about Technics keyboards in the musical instrument stores the salesperson thought I meant DJ Turntables. This is why I am so pleased about the UK support. We pay more but we appear to have more stores to choose from and staff that have a much better knowledge of the product.

I know these staff and store owners are available in the USA but they are not the norm.

We also have a network of Organ and Keyboard Clubs which seem to have an increasingly ageing audience. I would love to see more modern music played at these venues otherwise I fear they will die out through dwindling attendance. Some of the professional players that go around the Organ club circuit do play modern music (Chris Stanbury plays a wicked Bohemian Rhapsody on an imported Stagea Organ), however most of the pieces of music are extreamly well played music from the theatre shows, Classical, or pre 1959 plus some Abba. I think if B3 style jazz or in your face distorted guitar was played there would be complaints to the "committee" and synth voices are definately never heard. However, I feel lucky to have the evenings entertainment for about £5 which is very good value for the UK.

Slightly off topic but I hope you found the info interesting.

Cheers

Carol

#296480 - 10/14/10 08:47 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Ok Carol I thought it was you ......there was a nice woman there from Dallas (?) I think also playing an arranger KB....

good luck with your music..

#296481 - 10/14/10 09:17 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, I look forward to the opportunity, should it ever fall my way, to ignoring YOUR legitimate questions when given the rare opportunity to talk to an actual factory rep, rather than the apologists here...

I mean, as long as MY questions get answered (or at least, asked), why should I give a shi*t about what YOU might want to know..? It's not like we are all members at a community of arranger players or anything...

Oh, WHOOPS...! We are!

Too bad!

#296482 - 10/14/10 09:19 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ok Carol I thought it was you ......there was a nice woman there from Dallas (?) I think also playing an arranger KB....

good luck with your music..

That was Fran in disguise, scoping out the Yamaha's

Jerryghr

#296483 - 10/14/10 09:39 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, I look forward to the opportunity, should it ever fall my way, to ignoring YOUR legitimate questions when given the rare opportunity to talk to an actual factory rep, rather than the apologists here...

I mean, as long as MY questions get answered (or at least, asked), why should I give a shi*t about what YOU might want to know..? It's not like we are all members at a community of arranger players or anything...

Oh, WHOOPS...! We are!

Too bad!

Well Done Diki
I have now LEFT synthzone.
I would have given the answers to the questions posed by the community on the Tyros 4 to the best of my ability but it does not appear to be a community but organised by a few bullies and why should I subject myself to that as I left school long ago. I apologise to those to whom I could have had sensible dialogue. Thank you all for some valuable information that I have found from you all in the past from Lurking on this site. Now you all know why the lurkers do not post. Look what happens
Bye

Carol

#296484 - 10/14/10 09:58 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You already brought up your reasons why you DELIBERATELY chose your course of action. No doubt, were the situation reversed, you would feel insulted that a consideration of YOURS was dismissed so casually. And perhaps put it down to being a woman lurker, too...

I'm sorry, but I feel that it was YOU that chose to make this confrontational. Read the start of this thread. Ask yourself whether my first post was a legitimate question or not. Then look at the predictable fanboy degeneration. Are you sure you are placing your 'blame' where it is deserved?

If I can't post anywhere on this forum without the Greek Chorus of Ian and Dnj chiming in afterwards with irrelevance and flaming, you want to blame ME for that..?

And if asking about the SA voices in styles or why Yamaha choose to not offer a keyboard long enough to be actually usable for the piano sound AREN'T legitimate questions, I would sure like to know what is..?

YOU opened this door, and asked us what we would like you to ask. I asked. If the consequences of doing that is so predictable, why are you in such a huff when it happened..?

#296485 - 10/14/10 12:16 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
If I can't post anywhere on this forum without the Greek Chorus of Ian and Dnj chiming in afterwards with irrelevance and flaming, you want to blame ME for that..?

Hey Sunshine, don't try and weasel out of your lack of interpersonal skills by blaming others for your behavior.

At least grow a pair and admit you're responsible for your own actions.

This is just another fine example of how a thread gets "Dikified"...

Ian

#296486 - 10/14/10 02:00 PM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Carol,
Thanks for the review data.I bet you had a nice time.

Lee S.

#296487 - 10/15/10 12:33 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
musicman100 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by UkTexan:

Nigel, Hope you enjoy your demo. Are you thinking of upgrading from a previous keyboard, or are you just curious?
Cheers
Carol

Hi Carol,

I work as a composer and arranger, mainly for Keyboards. I have just finish working on music for a keyboard exam.

I have had lots of keyboard in the past -started on piano then went on to a Yamaha organ. Bought one of the first Yamaha keyboard a PSR70 for £600 (a lot of money then!!!). I have still that keyboard and since then I have had synthesiers anf finally ended with a KN2000 which I also still have.

Getting back to the Tyros I am moving house soon and I had a CVP407 which was great!!!. But I have recently sold that since the new house is to small for that. So that is why I am buying a Tyros 4 to replace my cvp 407. I have alrady ordered one since I klknow it will better sound wise then my cvp which was excellent anyway.

Are you going to get one?

Thanks

Nigel

#296488 - 10/15/10 05:22 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Nigel congrats on your NEW TYROS4....
wow what a surprise.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online