SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#296449 - 10/12/10 07:53 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
If I WANTED out of date technology and sounds, sure, I would pick a Clavinova in a flash if I wanted 88 wood.

Sadly, I want TODAY'S technology in a 76, not three or four year old sounds and technology in an 88...

well you have your G70 / Audya, or what coming from Korg & Roland......just forget Yamaha for a 76 your broken record is falling on deaf years....if you like the yam,aha sound that much use a Tyros 4 and a 76 controller.

#296450 - 10/12/10 08:06 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
As if your ears were the ears I even WANTED to listen...

Sadly, I don't want a Korg (too few fills), I don't want an Audya (don't want audio loops until the stuff works right), CAN'T have a new Roland (they don't make them any more), Yamaha is the only other arranger at the moment that would work for me. And they are the ONLY ones not making a plastic 76 (at least, a GOOD one! ).

That the gleeful naysayers on this forum (just HOW petty do you have to be to ENJOY saying what you say? ) are deaf ears, well, I couldn't give a rat's a$$... As if ANY of you had ANYTHING to do with the decision in the first place... I post about it for the industry trolls that lurk here. And so should everyone else that wants a Yamaha 76. And to all the people happy with Yamaha's decision, I simply say what you are trying to say....

BUTT OUT...

You don't CARE one way or the other what Yamaha make. You've already got YOURS.... allow us to ask for OURS.

#296451 - 10/12/10 08:26 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
If I WANTED out of date technology and sounds, sure, I would pick a Clavinova in a flash if I wanted 88 wood.

Or continue to use the out of date technology in that dinosaur you already own...

Ian

#296452 - 10/12/10 08:34 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Sadly, I don't want a Korg (too few fills), I don't want an Audya (don't want audio loops until the stuff works right), CAN'T have a new Roland (they don't make them any more), Yamaha is the only other arranger at the moment that would work for me. And they are the ONLY ones not making a plastic 76 (at least, a GOOD one! ).

you just stated you cant live with less fills and you want a Yamaha with light touch plastic keeyfeel?.....who arte you kidding diki? enjoy your two g70s it will be years before they make an arranger that You like ....and i dont think anyone cares either.....then you have the I STRIP MY STYLES down to nothing group also...so whats the sense?......keep complaining its really entertaining...just keep using your SMF backing tracks and play the piano of your choice, let the guitar player sing & play along.....problem solved..

carry on

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-12-2010).]

#296453 - 10/12/10 08:35 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
If the octave is wrong - and if the T4 has the same software for style editing, you might have to use a utility like Style Revoicer or Style Maker. It should be a cinch.

Changing instruments on non-Mega Voices is easy.

Beakybird

Thanks for the info.
Cheers
Carol

#296454 - 10/12/10 09:08 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki,
Of course we haven't seen the details yet..but it just might be time for you to look at Korg again. (Dont know if they will go with more than 2 fills or not, but with the new parms...it isn't that bad with 2). You can use PADS for fill as well and they are synced to the style. Very easy to program your own as fills.

If Yamaha does not want our business..screw them...we will go elsewhere.
It might happen more than they may think!

Lee S.

#296455 - 10/12/10 09:23 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

If Yamaha does not want our business..screw them...we will go elsewhere.
It might happen more than they may think!

Lee S.

It appears Roland doesn't want your business either...they dropped their 76 note arrangers, because of poor sales.

But, you are right about Korg, Lee...they make terrific TOTL arrangers, both 61 and 76...if I was looking for a 76, or recommending one, I'd go with Korg.

Ian

#296456 - 10/12/10 09:44 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
It appears Roland doesn't want your business either...they dropped their 76 note arrangers, because of poor sales.

But, you are right about Korg, Lee...they make terrific TOTL arrangers, both 61 and 76...if I was looking for a 76, or recommending one, I'd go with Korg.

Ian

Roland didn't drop 76 key arrangers, they dropped TOTL arrangers in general (for now)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#296457 - 10/12/10 09:57 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Roland didn't drop 76 key arrangers, they dropped TOTL arrangers in general (for now)

Don't underestamate Roland ...

#296458 - 10/12/10 10:07 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Or continue to use the out of date technology in that dinosaur you already own...

Ian

Ian,

How dare you, how dare you speak to Diki in that condescending way, glad you did and not me, just you wait he’s still pondering an answer, but sure as hell it will come.

One can't just help one's self at times like these.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online