Topic Options
#296331 - 10/12/10 08:06 AM Re: Touch Screens
Dnj Offline

More Sliders & Knobs please

#296332 - 10/12/10 08:11 AM Re: Touch Screens
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
They cost money, Donny.

I agree that MOST of what runs an arranger for day to day general playing be on buttons, etc., but most modern arrangers are WAY complicated. Putting most of the features that you MIGHT use (if you stretch beyond simple arranger operation) on hardware buttons and sliders would dramatically increase the cost, IMO.

Realtime operations on buttons, but editing and offline stuff on the touchscreen seems to be the best way to go about things, in my experience.

#296333 - 10/12/10 08:21 AM Re: Touch Screens
Dnj Offline

I agree looks like Ketron is on the right track in the navagational department for now.

#296334 - 10/12/10 08:32 AM Re: Touch Screens
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
That is one of many things I like about the Audya. I have never been a button pusher, electing, instead, to make up fixed registrations. I find much more freedom, now, in easily pushing "Family" buttons containing my favorite instruments. This is in addition to the other intuitive buttons for navigation.

#296335 - 10/12/10 08:37 AM Re: Touch Screens
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
That is one of many things I like about the Audya. I have never been a button pusher, electing, instead, to make up fixed registrations. I find much more freedom, now, in easily pushing "Family" buttons containing my favorite instruments. This is in addition to the other intuitive buttons for navigation.

So bernie how we doing with the Audya so far??

#296336 - 10/12/10 12:08 PM Re: Touch Screens
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Guess I won't be buying many new keyboards when touch screens become standard. Do you suppose most keyboard manufacturers will put voiceover features on the screen to give audible spoken feedback of what I'm doing, similar to the iphone? Do you suppose I will be wanting to run that voice feedback through the PA system so my audience can get in on what I'm doing? I know I'm a pretty small fraction of the keyboard buying market, but I hope I'm not left behind. If so, guess I'll just keep playing my Nord. Yes, I finally got the stage EX, at long last!

#296337 - 10/12/10 12:15 PM Re: Touch Screens
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
More Sliders & Knobs please

+1

They should make ALL buttons, dials, knobs etc. freely assignable. BTW, buttons, dials and knobs are CHEAP.

#296338 - 10/12/10 02:23 PM Re: Touch Screens
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
FAEbGBD,
I'm certainly not qualifed to say for sure...but it seems like when you get to the complex deep editing it would not matter to the seeing impaired if it is touch screen or lots of button pushes?

So, I hope ALL Mfgs do keep the seeing impaired in mind and provide an easy button oriented interface. Whether they do the programmig stuff using a touch screen or buttons may not matter?

It seems it would be nice for the deep editing stuff to pull the data to a PC where you could use tools that help the seeing impaired to do editing...then push the changes out? I know some of this is being done already.
Also, maybe some day a phone jack for earphone (earbud)for audio feedback of button pushes and even screen navigation?

What do you think?

Lee S.

#296339 - 10/13/10 12:22 AM Re: Touch Screens
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I guess I could use a touch screen but for live performance I find physical buttons a lot easier to find quickly. I use a Yamaha Motif 6 and I like having 16 buttons spread out in front of me to quickly bring up preset patches during a performance. A touch screen wouldn't provide anywhere near the same sort of real estate spacing for quick and accurate selection.

#296340 - 10/13/10 04:48 AM Re: Touch Screens
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Roland (E80) Touch screen works very well because although not large it contains very clear icons. The Korg however has small icons plus too many on the screen meaning you have to use the back of your finger nail to change.

Scottyee has the right comment, but I shudder at the price !!!
PS. I'm 73 and agreet that Touch Sreens are the future.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online