SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#296257 - 10/10/10 04:52 PM Re: Ordering a new kb case, some questions...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

If I recall, I don't believe the T2 will fit in the Guardian CK-010-61 case because it's about an inch shy in length. It should fit in the CL-010-76 for length and width, but the 5.5-inch height may be a problem--not sure about the T2 height measurement. The Guardian cases are very rigid, extremely lightweight, very durable and relatively inexpensive. They're reinforced with 1/4-inch Luan plywood, which is quite strong, yet very lightweight. I have the 61 and I believe it weighs less than 10 pounds. That would pretty much eliminate the need for wheels on the case.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#296258 - 10/10/10 05:16 PM Re: Ordering a new kb case, some questions...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don't agree that wheeled cases are necessarily better. Mostly, the wheels are VERY small diameter, getting caught on most things, rolling over many obstacles with difficulty. The larger the wheel, the bigger the obstacle it glides over.

I prefer one of these: http://tinyurl.com/238l6wy and a case that is actually DESIGNED for the keyboard, rather than shoehorning into an oversized case (because most 61 cases do not work).

Sure, it's a bit more expensive, and it's a bit heavier. But, after ten years (or even five!) of dragging an arranger round to multiple gigs a day, the extra money I can sell my used keyboard for pays for the additional cost of a custom case.

If you ever find yourself in a situation where someone ELSE might move your gear, having something strong enough to survive their uncaring will pay in spades! And accidents happen to the most careful of movers. A speaker slips out of your hand and drops on top of your arranger in its' case. Still happy you got a soft case?

A heavy arranger in a heavy case is a PITA. A broken arranger in a soft case is also a PITA. Which PITA can you live with?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online