SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#296196 - 10/09/10 09:41 AM Rare performance tonight
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tonight, in Wildwood NJ...Performing with "Just In Time"....Direct from Fairless Hills , Pa...Mr David Boyd, featured on baritone sax...and the unsurpassed Uncle Dave vocals...(less harmoniser)..

Italian restaurant venues are his weakness..say "free meal" and it isn't as rare of a performance..

#296197 - 10/09/10 11:25 AM Re: Rare performance tonight
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Fran ... how about recording some of it and posting it?!?!? ...
Have a great time ...
t.

#296198 - 10/09/10 03:31 PM Re: Rare performance tonight
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Correction .... no bari sax just incredible TC harmonies and good old uncle Davie charm ... enhanced by the effervesant sounds of the pa800! Don't miss this show people ... we're still riding high on Roy Hall!days no hitter .... WHICH I SAW!

#296199 - 10/09/10 05:32 PM Re: Rare performance tonight
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Correction .... no bari sax just incredible TC harmonies and good old uncle Davie charm ... enhanced by the effervesant sounds of the pa800! Don't miss this show people ... we're still riding high on Roy Hall!days no hitter .... WHICH I SAW!

I used to like you UD until you mentioned the Phillies.

zuki from Cincinnati

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#296200 - 10/09/10 09:55 PM Re: Rare performance tonight
Dnj Offline

GO YANKEES & PHILLIES!!

#296201 - 10/10/10 06:01 AM Re: Rare performance tonight
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Boo Yankees!

Tom

#296202 - 10/10/10 06:29 AM Re: Rare performance tonight
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Boo Yankees!

Hmmmmmmmm?
can you say 27 World Championships...?

#296203 - 10/10/10 09:15 AM Re: Rare performance tonight
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
well I see this topic wondered off...

Last night was a disaster!!!All I remember is buttons flying off UD"s Pa800..functions not working...strings breaking on his Parker guitar...and pedals not working...and to top it off..complaints from our designated watch dog in the audience....

Other than that..it was a fabulous, enjoyable night..except for the long ride home with Dave...he never shuts up!!!

#296204 - 10/10/10 10:16 AM Re: Rare performance tonight
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
well I see this topic wondered off...

Last night was a disaster!!!All I remember is buttons flying off UD"s Pa800..functions not working...strings breaking on his Parker guitar...and pedals not working...and to top it off..complaints from our designated watch dog in the audience....

Other than that..it was a fabulous, enjoyable night..except for the long ride home with Dave...he never shuts up!!!

... so what ELSE happened?!?!? ...
Don't you just LOVE nights like that???
t.

#296205 - 10/10/10 12:13 PM Re: Rare performance tonight
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well, Fran's got PART of that story right ...
It WAS a long drive home, and i HAD to talk to keep him awake! Who ever got into Show Biz to work 10 hour days for less than enough cash to buy a good dinner for 4 at Ruth Chris' steakhouse? Huh????/ lol
I did break a string on my guitar (no biggie)
The "exit" button DID break on my pa800 (slight biggie)
footswitch was NOT broken, just needed adjustment. Whew .... sound like we were in a war zone!
The night did start off on a negative note - the female singer was never told that her male counterpart was not working that night, and the male singer sat in the audience judging our set list! WTF? (where's the fun???)
This is a weird, yet successful dance band, folks. Fran has all the music covered with live, trax, sequences, etc and he runs the tech part of the show. The 2 diva singers won't EVER do 2 songs in a row ..... (sheesh - I sing 60 songs a night alone!)one goes, then they rest .... lather, rinse, repeat.
It's hard enough to set a pace during a night without giving up the control (for lack of a better word) every 4-5 minutes ... this is a very strange way for me to work. Even in my old band days - we fought for the front line - WANTED the attention ... these two Prima Donnas keep playing musical ping pong all night ..... but it works for them!
They pack the floor all night - they get off stage and dance with the crowd and they get paid at the end of the night. Win-Win-Win.
Thanx Fran for an opportunity to see how someone else does it, and still make room for the creative influence to add some of my own style to the mix...it was fun......but Soooooooooo long. Haven't come home after 4am in a LONG, long time.
You're nuts.
(I'm not proofreading this - sorry if there are typos!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online