SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2956 - 11/25/05 06:55 AM choosing a synthesizer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Korg X5D, Alesis QS6.2, Roland Juno-D, Roland RS-70, or Yamaha S03?

I need a synth that's light weight, has a lot of organ sounds, assignable/control jack for volume pedal, and where I can "turn off" the touch sensitive or touch response from the keyboard/manual.

Your input on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

#2957 - 11/26/05 06:39 PM Re: choosing a synthesizer
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Hi!
I think it might be a good idea to just go and try a few Kbs for yourself. Judging by your needs (at least the ones you've mentioned ) any half-decent workstation of today will do. They can all do decent organ sounds, all have input jacks for pedals of all sorts and (I believe you were referring to the velocity sensitivity switch of some sort) can certainly allow you to either eliminate or modify KB velo-sens settings. Either per patch or globally.

I mean I can surely make a list of KBs that I'd recommend but your own list isn't very different from what I was going to suggest so I'll skip that boring part. Thing is, nobody can really pick a perfect KB for you. You'll have to try and decide.

Good luck.

-ED_

------------------
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
- - - Oscar Wilde

#2958 - 11/27/05 03:40 AM Re: choosing a synthesizer
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Well said Ed. I would have recommended a similar list in what I'm guessing is your preferred price range Saigon. Each of these will produce good sounds and each will have subtle differences, so there is nothing really better than a little hands on.

AJ

#2959 - 11/28/05 01:41 PM Re: choosing a synthesizer
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by saigon0521:
Korg X5D, Alesis QS6.2, Roland Juno-D, Roland RS-70, or Yamaha S03?

I need a synth that's light weight, has a lot of organ sounds, assignable/control jack for volume pedal, and where I can "turn off" the touch sensitive or touch response from the keyboard/manual.

Your input on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

I always thought the Alesis QS6.1 sounded good. And I've read some not so good reviews about the S03's keybed feel.
Don't rule out a Roland XP-30. But the XP-30 I think has been discontinued... you may have to go into the "used" market which would open some more doors up.... such as Yamaha's S30 (not the S03).

But as Ed and AJ mentioned, you'd be doing yourself a favor by playing as many keyboards as you can first.

Best wishes
Bob
<><

[This message has been edited by RW (edited 11-28-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online