SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#295742 - 10/09/10 09:12 AM Re: I REFUSE To BUY a TYROS 4.............
to the genesys Offline

Iana wrote referring to Yamaha making a good 76 key arranger when they think it is right and “not just go by a few people on a forum, most of which would not buy a Yamaha no matter how many keys it has.”
And there people is the flaw in Yamaha’s research. The above quoted statement could not be further from the truth.
You only have to find DNJ’s post asking persons if they would buy a 76 key T4.
No one has said that they want Yamaha to make 76 keys and then turn around and said they would not buy a Yamaha arranger. So I do not know where that mistruth came from.
I just do not know why a Yamaha representative would do that.

------------------
TTG

#295743 - 10/09/10 09:43 AM Re: I REFUSE To BUY a TYROS 4.............
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The bottom line still is that Yamaha aren't going to make a 76 note TOTL or MOTL arranger until they feel there is a decent market for one, not just go by a few people on a forum, most of which would not buy a Yamaha no matter how many keys it has.

Six or ten people on this forum saying they might buy a 76 note Yamaha arranger still may not be enough impetus to move Yamaha from their 61 note only position on the Tyros...do you think?

Even on Yamaha only forums, the people wanting 76 keys is in the single digits.

Can't imagine these numbers influencing Yamaha to change the Tyros to 76.

In conclusion, I can say I would buy a Lexus station wagon if they made one, but that doesn't mean I would actually buy one.

As I said, and will say again...talk is cheap.

Ian

#295744 - 10/09/10 09:58 AM Re: I REFUSE To BUY a TYROS 4.............
to the genesys Offline

By that logic, Yamaha would never make a 76 key good arranger because people are not buying a Yamaha 76 key good arranger.
And, the reason why persons can only talk about buying (as opposed to actually buying) a good Yamaha 76 key arranger is because Yamaha does not make a 76 key good arranger.
And Yamaha does not make a good 76 key arranger because persons are not actually buying a Yamaha 76 key good arranger; they are only buying a Yamaha 61 key good arranger.

Now you see the problem with Iana’s and Yamaha logic.

------------------
TTG

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 10-09-2010).]

#295745 - 10/09/10 10:05 AM Re: I REFUSE To BUY a TYROS 4.............
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
By that logic, Yamaha would never make a 76 key good arranger because people are not buying a Yamaha 76 key good arranger.

Now you see the problem with Iana’s and Yamaha logic.

Genny, you may be cute, but you certainly do not understand Yamaha's logic.

What you are expressing, is your logic.

Obviously not the same thing.

Ian

#295746 - 10/09/10 10:15 AM Re: I REFUSE To BUY a TYROS 4.............
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Genny, you may be cute, but you certainly do not understand Yamaha's logic.

What you are expressing, is your logic.

Obviously not the same thing.

Ian

Nothing cute about that Iana! That is your logic and Yamaha's logic. Sound rediculus when you read it doesn't it?

------------------
TTG

#295747 - 10/09/10 10:26 AM Re: I REFUSE To BUY a TYROS 4.............
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
That is your logic and Yamaha's logic. Sound rediculus when you read it doesn't it?

The bottom line still is that Yamaha aren't going to make a 76 note TOTL or MOTL arranger until they feel there is a decent market for one.

That's their position.

Whether you find it logical or not doesn't really matter.

There isn't a 76 note Tyros4, in spite of all the alleged hooting and weeping after the Tyros, Tyros2, and Tyros3...shouldn't that be a clue? Duh!

Ian

#295748 - 10/09/10 10:39 AM Re: I REFUSE To BUY a TYROS 4.............
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

The bottom line still is that Yamaha aren't going to make a 76 note TOTL or MOTL arranger until they feel there is a decent market for one.

That's their position.

Whether you find it logical or not doesn't really matter.

There isn't a 76 note Tyros4, in spite of all the alleged hooting and weeping after the Tyros, Tyros2, and Tyros3...shouldn't that be a clue? Duh!

Ian

And, Yamaha did not make a T1, T2, T3 and now a T4 with 76 keys, but yet still there is still lots of talk about them not doing so. Shouldn't that be a clue?
If persons did not want a 76 key T4, why would they be spending all this time talking about and trying to convince Yamaha making a 76 key good arranger?
It is not that dificult

------------------
TTG

#295749 - 10/09/10 11:01 AM Re: I REFUSE To BUY a TYROS 4.............
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Once AGAIN (how many times does the obvious have to be pointed out? ) I repeat...

YAMAHA DO ALREADY MAKE 76 ARRANGERS.

Calling an SUV a sports car won't make it one, Lexus or otherwise. If Lexus stuck the word Sport Car on a minivan, you would do nothing but laugh and deride their decision. As we are this desperate attempt by both Ian and Yamaha do deny that the NP-80v and the entire DGX line are anything other than arrangers, pure and simply.

Once you swallow this bitter pill, the rest of Yamaha's 'logic' falls completely apart. They HAVE done market research that shows people will buy 76 arrangers. Or they wouldn't make them. They HAVE acknowledged that a significant number of players need more than 61 notes to be content, and are prepared to make keyboards for them... Every argument you make against them, of your own and on behalf of Yamaha collapses once you acknowledge this undeniable truth.

But perhaps those of us wanting this change are going about things the wrong way...? Perhaps it would not be against your religion (Yamahism? ) to simply, instead of asking for a 76 PSR or Tyros, we simply asked for a DGX with EXACTLY the same OS and sounds as those keyboards? Then you could continue in your delusion that Yamaha don't MAKE 76 arrangers, and we could get exactly what we want...

I would be PERFECTLY happy to play a 76 PSR even if it had the words 'Piano' printed on its' front panel, and the letters DGX before its' numbers...

#295750 - 10/09/10 11:01 AM Re: I REFUSE To BUY a TYROS 4.............
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
And, Yamaha did not make a T1, T2, T3 and now a T4 with 76 keys, but yet still there is still lots of talk about them not doing so. Shouldn't that be a clue?

Again, "talk is cheap".

Firstly, there is not, or has not been, "lots of talk"...there are only the same few individuals discussing it ad nauseum, much like after the Tyros, Tyros2, Tyros3.

Secondly, it should be quite obvious that, although there was some talk about a 76 after each Tyros release (at least here on SZ), Yamaha still felt it was not in their best interest to make a 76.

That's why their answer was, and still is, "No."

Ian

#295751 - 10/09/10 11:18 AM Re: I REFUSE To BUY a TYROS 4.............
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

YAMAHA [b]DO
ALREADY MAKE 76 ARRANGERS.

[/B]

However you want to interpret Yamaha's keyboard nomenclature is immaterial.

It should be painfully obvious, however, that they have not deemed it necessary to make a TOTL arranger with 76 keys.

Your refusal to accept that fact, is your problem...not Yamaha's.

Ian

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online