SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#295611 - 10/08/10 08:06 AM Re: Casio Privia PX3
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Lucky, I'm glad I could help. Your comment "giving them out as as party favors..........that's what's happening with the new Zoom H1 digital recorder! They are so cheap and great sounding, I have customers buying 2 or 3 and giving them as gifts. I even have one piano student who bought 2 the other night and gave one to his teacher!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#295612 - 10/08/10 08:21 AM Re: Casio Privia PX3
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Lucky, I'm glad I could help. Your comment "giving them out as as party favors..........that's what's happening with the new Zoom H1 digital recorder! They are so cheap and great sounding, I have customers buying 2 or 3 and giving them as gifts. I even have one piano student who bought 2 the other night and gave one to his teacher!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRb6_55YKYw&feature=related

#295613 - 10/08/10 09:16 AM Re: Casio Privia PX3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I must confess I like the little H2's form factor a bit better (even though I sold it to get the H4), being a little shorter and more compact. But you sure can't argue with that price!

#295614 - 10/08/10 09:25 AM Re: Casio Privia PX3
Dnj Offline

For me Mixcraft 5 is the best bang for the buck for recording at home. using these portables never gives me the quality I'm lookingh for.
http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/index.htm

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-08-2010).]

#295615 - 10/08/10 10:04 AM Re: Casio Privia PX3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So dragging a laptop, audio interface, and large mikes to a club, or to a meeting, or to an interview is the better option?

I've used the H2 and H4 extensively for live recording for the last two or three years. Even at high bitrate MP3 settings, they have never sounded unimpressive, and two tracks (or four with the H4), as long as you gain stage them well is certainly MORE than sufficient for in the field recording.

Sure, at home, I want to use my full rig, but do you REALLY want to set up the whole shmeer just to capture a friend playing, or record an arranger presentation at a store, etc.?

These things are handy as hell!

#295616 - 10/08/10 10:10 AM Re: Casio Privia PX3
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
So dragging a laptop, audio interface, and large mikes to a club, or to a meeting, or to an interview is the better option?

I've used the H2 and H4 extensively for live recording for the last two or three years. Even at high bitrate MP3 settings, they have never sounded unimpressive, and two tracks (or four with the H4), as long as you gain stage them well is certainly MORE than sufficient for in the field recording.

Sure, at home, I want to use my full rig, but do you REALLY want to set up the whole shmeer just to capture a friend playing, or record an arranger presentation at a store, etc.?

These things are handy as hell!

For a scratch pad my Android phone will record and surfice......I had a H2 ...sold it to a buddy...

Diki can you post a few of the H2 recorded songs your talking about for us?...maybe I made a mistake by selling it?

Thanx

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online