SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#295562 - 10/06/10 02:41 PM Re: T4 first impression
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Wikipedia? Really? Since when does Wikipedia worth mentionaing as a credible reference when anyone could have written that defintiion if "fanboy"....even Diki!! who appears to be a "fanboy" of Wikipedia.

The issue is Yamaha has more "fanboys and girls" than any other brand. Maybe it's kust the way those letters Y - A - M - A - H - A roll of the tongue...or just maybe they make the best damm Workstations, Arrangers, and Motorcycles, in the World......Maybe they have the best SUPPORT for thier wares as well....I work for a dealer who sells Yamaha, Korg, (and Roland).Guess what we don't stock anymore? Korg PA series. It was impossible to sell a Korg against the Yamaha side by side. YOu carry what you sell.

Maybe their fanboys and girls don't want more "live drums" Maybe they want them already compressed to sit in the mix well. Maybe they can get the sound they want with the tools available...... Maybe thats why people who prefer Yamaha arrangers buy them......The even dynaminclly flat sound they are used to hearing when they put a 21st century CD in their players.

I will nver understand why those who would not consider buying a Yamaha are always trying to bring them down. Maybe someone can write a Wikipedia article on that....After all Wikipedia is today's Britannica Encyclopedia of undisputed definition and facts.

But yeah I am dissapointed in the T4 on a few levels as well.....But I am getting one anyway...

No Phantom power and still only two track audio recording without direct to USB recording like the Motif. At the price they are seeking there should be an SSD drive onboard or just flash memory cards and USB. Hard drives are so.....yesterday...like all of Roland's Arrangers

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-06-2010).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#295563 - 10/06/10 03:05 PM Re: T4 first impression
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Wikipedia? Really? Since when does Wikipedia worth mentionaing as a credible reference when anyone could have written that defintiion if "fanboy"....even Diki!! who appears to be a "fanboy" of Wikipedia.

Maybe they should rename it "Dikipedia"?

By the way, great post KF...good points throughout.

Ian

#295564 - 10/06/10 03:10 PM Re: T4 first impression
mc Offline

Loc: New York
moved to another post

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 10-06-2010).]

#295565 - 10/06/10 04:15 PM Re: T4 first impression
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
moved

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-06-2010).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#295566 - 10/06/10 04:20 PM Re: T4 first impression
Dnj Offline

1,2,Cha,Cha,Cha

#295567 - 10/07/10 01:07 PM Re: T4 first impression
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Do a simple Google search for the word fanboy. You'll get essentially the same interpretation that so offends those that most resemble it. On just about ANY site.

From Urban Dictionary:
September 19, 2006 Urban Word of the Day

A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces.

Sound familiar?

#295568 - 10/07/10 01:59 PM Re: T4 first impression
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Do a simple Google search for the word fanboy. You'll get essentially the same interpretation that so offends those that most resemble it. On just about ANY site.

From Urban Dictionary:
September 19, 2006 Urban Word of the Day

A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture, but who lets his passion override social graces.

Sound familiar?

So, according to that definition, YOU are a fanboy too.

Welcome to the flock.

Ian

#295569 - 10/07/10 02:20 PM Re: T4 first impression
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The Flocking Idiots... great name for a band!

I guess our difference is, while I continue to USE Roland products, I am not in any sense of the words a 'fanboy' about them, being able to find fault with them as easily as I find fault with Yamaha, Korg, Ketron, you name it...

#295570 - 10/07/10 03:10 PM Re: T4 first impression
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

I guess our difference is, while I continue to USE Roland products, I am not in any sense of the words a 'fanboy' about them.

Oh yes you are...read your definition again.

Ian

PS...since Roland's high-end arranger division has passed away, I've heard rumors that Fran has been seen dressed all in black and wandering around, muttering to himself, writing YAMAHA on his forehead with a grease pencil, and then quickly rubbing it off.

Now, that's a FANBOY!!

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-07-2010).]

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online