SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#295552 - 10/06/10 09:07 AM Re: T4 first impression
DannyUK Offline

Phew thank goodness because I just checked the specs on the official site and it didn't say it was included/internal like it does one the T3 specs.

Thanks for clearing that up, that could have been a problem for me.

Danny.

[This message has been edited by DannyUK (edited 10-06-2010).]

#295553 - 10/06/10 09:11 AM Re: T4 first impression
jwyvern Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I wish we could edit and override the preset styles

You can, in fact Yamaha encouraged that in previous (Ty2) manuals.
Copy the styles you're interested in - maybe all if you wish - to your own folders on the hard disk or USB (or User Drive if not a huge number and there is space).
Then set up the relevant style buttons to access your folders containing the style copies instead of those in ROM.
Since they are in RAM you can now modify the styles and resave at leisure (to the same names or different depending on preference).

john

#295554 - 10/06/10 09:17 AM Re: T4 first impression
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:
Phew that goodness because I just checked the specs on the official site and it didn't say it was included/internal like it does one the T3 specs.

Thanks for clearing that up, that could have been a problem for me.

Danny.

Here are the specs...the latest, I believe.

http://music-tyros.com/tyros4/spec/index.html

Just think; having all those great T3 styles plus all the new and newly re-voiced Tyros4 styles...Yeehaw!

And...of course all the Tyros and Tyros2 styles can be used, as well as CVP.

Ian

#295555 - 10/06/10 09:22 AM Re: T4 first impression
DannyUK Offline

Ian,

I know, it's just absolutely mind boggling the amount of quality styles there is for the T3 & now the T4, the prospect of transferring everything over to the T4 that I've been working on since Feb and knowing that at the very least it will sound the same with the option of improving everything I have is just amazing, as soon as I can find a good dealer that will take my T3 & PA1x in exchange then I will definately buy a T4

Thanks for your help Ian it's been much appreciated.

Danny

#295556 - 10/06/10 09:27 AM Re: T4 first impression
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
As gimmicky as many (Frank says 'almost every style') styles are with all the doo-wop stuff in it, it's probably a good thing to discuss how easy, or not, editing styles are on the T4...

I have a feeling that many users are going to need to do this after the novelty aspect wears off...

#295557 - 10/06/10 09:34 AM Re: T4 first impression
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Well,
I;m glad I asked the question...but the rest of the answer please...
If I use (copy from someone)he T2, T3 styles to a T4 am I OK or in violation of Copyright?
Ian?
Lee S.

#295558 - 10/06/10 09:39 AM Re: T4 first impression
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Well,
I;m glad I asked the question...but the rest of the answer please...
If I use (copy from someone)he T2, T3 styles to a T4 am I OK or in violation of Copyright?
Ian?
Lee S.

Considering the Tyros2/3 styles are available for download at the addy DannyUK posted above, I can't see any issues.

Ian

#295559 - 10/06/10 02:12 PM Re: T4 first impression
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Diki, you started IT this time. Why couldn't you wait until Ian did say something? You had to bait him and then the flood gates were opened. I enjoy your and Ian's posts and opinions, but this time I must say I think you just wanted to get that pissing contest started...

I'm not interested in any particular arranger right now, but if I was I'd be interested in the T4 because it sounds like a decent step up. That just leads me to wait for the s910 replacement.

#295560 - 10/06/10 02:37 PM Re: T4 first impression
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
I'm not interested in any particular arranger right now, but if I was I'd be interested in the T4 because it sounds like a decent step up. That just leads me to wait for the s910 replacement.

Cassp,

Since I'm not sure of my personal gig types in the near future, I'm in much the same situation as you in that I'm not really interested in buying anything right now, but I must say, the Tyros4 keeps getting more tempting.

Having said that, I'm pleased as punch with the S910...it has so much for a mid-priced arranger, and I really do love the sounds and styles, as well as it's speakers and portability.

The Tyros4 would surely bring many more sounds to the table, as well as newer styles, but think of it...how many sounds do you use in the run of a gig?

I might use 10-20 or so, and the S910 already has great Piano, Guitar, Sax, Strings, Harmonica, Flute, and Hammond B-3 sims. and other important sounds.

I've been using it far more than the Tyros3 I have here.

You and I both know the best instrument is the one that meets our needs.

Of course, I may get drawn into buying the Tyros4 if it really knocks me
out( I hope it doesn't)...we can always change our minds, and we only have
to please one person...ourselves.

And, as you say, there is always the S-920, or whatever they call it.

It's certainly not a penalty having a mid-line arranger anymore...they easily rival the TOTL instruments.

I hope you get an opportunity to play a Tyros4, and I'll look forward to your impressions.

Ian

#295561 - 10/06/10 02:38 PM Re: T4 first impression
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I played the T4 for 3hours today,The drum kit is much better than the T3 kits,and you can edit the kits on the T4 w.o Pc.
I wil change my T3 for it when i have the money.

Impuls

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online