SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#295357 - 10/05/10 06:09 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Dnj Offline

leeboy, and other yamaha haters..instead of talking BS why not post a few demos where you think the Drums are live and in your Face in a style and let us be the judge of what it sounds like?....talk is cheap. This drum crap is really getting old.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-05-2010).]

#295358 - 10/05/10 06:27 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
"Do the math. Hmmmm. Maybe you don't know how to use OHM'S LAW. The power consumption is 410 mA at 12-volts DC. That translates to 4.9-watts--not 30, but who's counting."

So Gary, where did you find the "resistance" factor..that is needed to finish the equation?

Can you do the math and show how the Bose is 1500 watts?

And when I check my old Cubes..calculate the numbers and see why it sure seems like a lot more than 100 watts..

You also told me the BA330 couldn't last but a minute on battery power at 30 watts (8 AA)...but it last well over 10 hours..go figure...

I still have most of my amps...Podium 802's (4)
Podium 12's (2)

Roland Cube 100 (4)

Sano amp

BA330

Yorkville NX520p (2)

Yorkville 600 watt Sub

I did sell the Traynor K4 to Donny, as I did the Roland Cube 60..He begged me for them..

The only other amp I can recall was the Yorkville 300KB (a great amp that was also stereo an inch a part). I sold that to Uncle Dave..

PS: I didn't lose a dime on any amp yet..

You never lose any money as long as you still own them..

#295359 - 10/05/10 07:17 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yep, I didn't think you knew Ohm's Law. The formula is P=E X I. There's a neat calculator you can use in that link I posted. Give it a try--you'll learn something.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#295360 - 10/05/10 07:26 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Fran Carango Offline

Gary, that is where I got the info...

Ohm's Law defines the relationships between (P) power, (E) voltage, (I) current, and (R) resistance. One ohm is the resistance value through which one volt will maintain a current of one ampere.

( I ) Current is what flows on a wire or conductor like water flowing down a river. Current flows from negative to positive on the surface of a conductor. Current is measured in (A) amperes or amps.

( E ) Voltage is the difference in electrical potential between two points in a circuit. It's the push or pressure behind current flow through a circuit, and is measured in (V) volts.

( R ) Resistance determines how much current will flow through a component. Resistors are used to control voltage and current levels. A very high resistance allows a small amount of current to flow. A very low resistance allows a large amount of current to flow. Resistance is measured in ohms.

( P ) Power is the amount of current times the voltage level at a given point measured in wattage or watts.

#295361 - 10/05/10 07:28 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Fran Carango Offline

Use the "R" in your formula..

#295362 - 10/05/10 07:32 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!

If you want to see how long those batteries will last at 30-watts power draw, use Ohm's law again. The formula for this is I=P/E. This translates 30-watts at 12 volts draws 2.5 amperes. Now, that AA battery is rated at 400 mAH. So, 8 batteries equals approximately 3200 mAH, divided by .410 mA. At best, you'll get approximately 8 hours operating time before the batteries are completely discharged to "0" voltage. Of course, the system will not operate on a voltage much lower than 10-VDC, which would take less than an hour to reach at 410 mA power consumption.

Learn anything yet?

Gary

#295363 - 10/05/10 07:37 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!

Obviously, you didn't read the formula. There is no "R" in the wattage calculation equation. Watts (P) is equal to Voltage (E) times Current (I). Try again--you'll eventually get it. NAH!

Fran, If you scroll down the page to the circle graph, then select the power segment you'll find the formulas, equations and how each is derived. I pretty much did this one in my head, but that's because I learned Ohm's Law when I was 12 years old and have been using it ever since. Anyone that has worked in the electronics field and is licensed knows all of the configurations of Ohm's Law--it's a requirement of licensing. Check all the charts and you'll see that only three segments are ever used for any given equation.

Gary

Almost forgot: Page 20 of the Bose L1 Manual clearly states "USA/Canada: 100-127V~ 50/60Hz 1,400-watts. Peak Inrush Current: 32A @ 120V~ 60 Hz" This translates to 3,840-watts peak inrush power when the system is first fired up. There's a lot more information on this on the Bose site.

BTW: I got the information on the BA-330 from page 18 of the operating manual. I read the entire manual twice and could find no reference to power it watts. I also checked several sites selling them and found no reference to power in watts. Am I missing something?

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 10-05-2010).]

#295364 - 10/05/10 07:53 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:

So...in a way there is a whole group out here that Yamaha does not address. Some of us would love to have a Yamaha again...there really do know what their doing in R&D when they do an instrument.

Fortuneately there is other choices so we don't have to be without. But, in a way...I do feal abandoned. Poor Me :-)

Lee S.[/B]

Unfortunately i believe you are correct. Yamaha is placating their user base which is a known entity rather than risk losing them placating the unknown entity who may or may not buy theoir $5000 TOTL arranger "only if."

Who can blame them? They have a winner like it is. The formula works. There are plenty of other choices for those who need 76 keys..."Live" drums....Audio arrangements etc...They have their niche. a 61 key plastic cased TOTL Arranger that sounds slick as snot...too slick for Korg users. I had a PA2x I know what those users want. Both arrangers are very different. I preferred the Yamaha in the end and sold the PA2x. I am glad to have had an alternative to the Korg. Others are glad there is an alternative to the Yamaha and less expensive as well.

There ARE indeed choices. All these Arrangers are different. Why do people want Yamaha to be like the rest? Yamaha owners don;t want the Tyros to be like the Korg or Roland or Wersi or Audya. There are plenty of choices all of them great for those who need or prefer certain features.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#295365 - 10/05/10 08:13 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Unfortunately i believe you are correct. Yamaha is placating their user base which is a known entity rather than risk losing them placating the unknown entity who may or may not buy theoir $5000 TOTL arranger "only if."

Who can blame them? They have a winner like it is. The formula works. There are plenty of other choices for those who need 76 keys..."Live" drums....Audio arrangements etc...They have their niche. a 61 key plastic cased TOTL Arranger that sounds slick as snot...too slick for Korg users. I had a PA2x I know what those users want. Both arrangers are very different. I preferred the Yamaha in the end and sold the PA2x. I am glad to have had an alternative to the Korg. Others are glad there is an alternative to the Yamaha and less expensive as well.

There ARE indeed choices. All these Arrangers are different. Why do people want Yamaha to be like the rest? Yamaha owners don;t want the Tyros to be like the Korg or Roland or Wersi or Audya. There are plenty of choices all of them great for those who need or prefer certain features.

Jealousy comes to mind

#295366 - 10/05/10 08:26 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Jealousy comes to mind

I don;t know about that. But i do find it interesting that Yamaha gets piled on quite a bit by non users. Supposedly happy with their choices. Bottom line is all the Arrangers are great and the differences are hairsplitting to the avg listener. Only the players can really hear the differences. I chose the Yamaha initially because Arrangers are all about STYLES....Korg did not have the style library Yamaha has. SO for me initially it was who has the most styles Not "how can I create styles" I have the Motif to create scratch songs. I want the arranger for styles.....Press the Internet button and the Yamaha site comes up in the Tyros screen and I can instantly audition and download any style I need right now without getting up....and choose from hundreds.

That was the most important thing to me at the time. I make up the shortfalls with the motif and VSTs. but I am not a live player so I am not "stuck' with only what's on board. But if i were I am sure I would be happy with the Tyros in that regard as well.

If one wants to create styles I am sure. there are easier keyboard to do that on. The whole idea of an arranger for me is Styles styles and more styles....already done.

The Work Station is the place to create what cannot be found for me if only because of a Pattern mode.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online