SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#295337 - 10/05/10 10:26 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
IMHO, I think most Yamaha PSR/Tyros customers do not want the drums in your face sound! If they did...they would be there!...don't ya think?

The Tyros MAIN customers is the previous organ player crowd and those that want a home keboard. Same people that do no like hearing music with screamig in your face guitars! I went to a Sher concert a few years back and all I heard all night is those Damn screaming guitars that overpowered everthing else in the room. COuld barely even hear er sing. The drummer was then next in your face loud sounds.

Terrible....

I'm sure if you do some tweeking you can get more in your face drums??

Me...I like very great realistic sounding drums & orchestral percussion...at the right volume in the mix, based on the music I'm playing.
But bring on the loud timapani, french horns, trombones & other instruments when needed.

Lee S.

#295338 - 10/05/10 10:30 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Me...I like very great realistic sounding drums & orchestral percussion...at the right volume in the mix, based on the music I'm playing.
But bring on the loud timapani, french horns, trombones & other instruments when needed.

Lee S.

Agreed!...Now theres a man who knows his music!!

#295339 - 10/05/10 10:42 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Side by side only reveals that each company does things their own way, and the client/customer is free to choose what sounds best to them and what most effectively suits their needs.

I'll bet that the guy who bought your Tyros3 thinks you're bonkers for selling it.

However, I think you were wise to do so, since it clearly didn't appeal to you...Roland is what makes you happy, and you've made the right decision.

Ian

Ian, not totally true...Side by side also shows differences between product from the same company...There is no better way to compare any two products...period..

I have done side by side comparison between the G1000 and G70
G70 and E-60
G70 and E-80
This gave me the chance to have an informed decision..I still have the G70..the others have new homes..

Since we mentioned comparison, I may as well tell the difference between the G70 and Tyros3 to me....The drums were no comparison to the G70...same as I found with the PSR900 and s910...

The sounds with the exception of a few outstanding sounds...did not compare with the G70, for realism...and the over all sound did not have the "feel" and "live " sound I am use to with the G70..

Other features that I have grown to accept as a "must" did not exist on the Tyros3..namely real time edits to styles and sequences....

I really do hope the fella is happy with the Tyros3...because I was happy spending the profit from the deal..

I knew the Tyros3 didn't have a prayers chance of being a "keeper" for me...Bought it right, and moved it with a small profit...Plus gave me the chance to "know" the differences in my "side by side" comparison..

Actually if more folks were willing to do side by side test..they may find some interesting things they were not aware of...

I tried to get UD to bring his PA800 in to my house while he was checking out the Prelude..just to compare what he thought may be a lack of bass handling in the built in speakers compared to the Korg..We will never know...he declined, just as he declined a comparison between the E-60 and the Pa800 a couple years ago..

Years ago , we always did side by side comparisons...I don't know what happened the last several years...but folks are reluctant to do so..and I really don't know why...

Side by side 10-11 years ago between the Ketron X1 and the G1000 showed me the sound and styles were better on the X1 than the G1000......but overall control of sequencing and certain sounds that I preferred were better on the G1000....And you will always read that I considered the X1 a great board...and continue to say that the drums and styles on Ketron are still the best...

Comparisons allowed me to understand this..so why not consider side by side with open minds...

#295340 - 10/05/10 10:54 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

I really do hope the fella is happy with the Tyros3...because I was happy spending the profit from the deal..

Comparisons allowed me to understand this..so why not consider side by side with open minds...

I'm sure the guy is pretty happy, Fran...the Tyros3 is a deluxe arranger.

It's good to see you made a good profit as well...looks like you both came out ahead.

I had a friend's G-70 here for a few weeks...it was nice, but it didn't have that rich, smooth, and detailed sound I'm used to from Yamaha...I guess I'm spoiled.

He eventually sold the G-70 and bought a Yamaha...I believe it was an S900...he said the G-70 was way too much bother to move around. That seems to be a common complaint.

I'm glad you found a product that suits your needs.

For my needs, I have to say that the PSR-S910 meets them very well....I may even pass on a T4, although it sure will be a lot of fun demoing the latter.

Ian

#295341 - 10/05/10 11:39 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Fran Carango Offline

Ian, do a side by side with the Tyros4...you may love the s910 even more..

#295342 - 10/05/10 11:48 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:

Now THAT is funny....I have to believe you have not been up close and personal with a T4....or you have some serious hearing issues....Age tends to do that...

I will never understand whypeople who don't care for Yamaha spend so much time and energy veating them up..THEY DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THIBK!!! LOL They will sell every board they make to their fan base who have few complaints
TheN again you were the guy who loved those funky $300 powered speakers

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-05-2010).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#295343 - 10/05/10 11:59 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:

Fran, when I get the Tyros45 I will do just that.

However, I really like the S910...I like it over a Tyros3...I just love the overall sound, features and portability.

No doubt the Tyros4 will blow it away in many areas, but perhaps not in the ones that are important to me.

Choosing an instrument is very personal.

Ian

#295344 - 10/05/10 12:00 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
All valid cmments IMHO...It really does depend on the sound you like. Or need.

We are lucky to have such great equipment by all the Mfgs..these days...they all are supeb sounding.

I am into high quality sounds that are very realistic...I play at home here..and don't need to get the floor moving with dancers...or take requests at Millers Merry Manner, or please the Bride. I want my perforances to sound more like an orchestra than a band. I want each instrument to stand out and be heard in the mix. I would rather have only 100 superb voices than 1150 with 10 good ones.

So far none of the arrangers I have had met these needs comepletely. Each has it's own strong sounds and poor ones...each has some that are done right and ones with technical problems....that you certainly can hear.

All in all pretty nice. It will be interesting to see what the future brings.

Lee S.

#295345 - 10/05/10 12:09 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
DannyUK Offline

There's nothing wrong with Yamaha's drums. I am sure that if Yamaha really thought that their drums in their keyboards were poor they would have done something about it a long time ago, clearly there isn't and they haven't and hopefully they won't.

I've had a T3 since Feb and I can't fault it, it sounds beautiful. If I had an Audya, it would sound beautiful as well, but a different type of brilliance.

Keyboards can't end up sounding the same because what is the point of that if there wasn't a distinct difference between them all, it's about choice and what's good for your own music. There is probably music that you couldn't play as well on each board for different reasons, that's the beauty of having different types of sound samples from each instrument, it gives you that choice based on what suits you.

It's simple logic really and I can't understand why there is so many threads about Yamaha's drums, if you don't like them then move on...It's really that simple!

Enjoy playing music, that's all it's about and always will be about.

#295346 - 10/05/10 12:20 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Now THAT is funny....I have to believe you have not been up close and personal with a T4....or you have some serious hearing issues....Age tends to do that...

I will never understand whypeople who don't care for Yamaha spend so much time and energy veating them up..THEY DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THIBK!!! LOL They will sell every board they make to their fan base who have few complaints
TheN again you were the guy who loved those funky $300 powered speakers

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-05-2010).]

Kingfrog...Iam kidding Ian ..and he knows it..He will rather have the s910 over the Tyros4...want to bet..

As for the Podiums 802's yes still use them all the time....and they were $200 a pair ..not $300..

BTW: I have more experience in the musical instrument business than you do..so I can rely on what I know ..rather than what you think you know..

And I can hear you loud and clear...
PS: you spell check so we can get a better understanding of what you are trying to say..

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online