Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#295149 - 10/07/10 01:21 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
You are in a minority according to Yamaha's surveys.

Yamaha only survey 61 players... QED.

Yamaha have NEVER polled me. And probably 99% of the 76 players here. You can 'prove' anything by only polling those who are going to give you the answer you want. I can 'prove' you are an idiot, should I decide to ONLY ask people I know think that of you...

Doesn't make it true, does it?

#295150 - 10/07/10 01:53 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Yamaha have NEVER polled me. And probably 99% of the 76 players here.

Probably because you aren't using, or have not used, any of their arranger products.

In case you've forgotten, I have passed on your suggestion for a 76'er to Yamaha many times.

I've also mentioned the chord sequencer.

Diki, if I had a lot of influence with the company, I'd have them make a 76 note Tyros or PSR just for you....and it would have a chord sequencer as well.

But, the company obviously feels that a 76 note MOTL or TOTL arranger is not worth making...or, they would have made one by now.

This same topic was discussed at length on SZ after the respective launches of Tyros, Tyros2, and Tyros3...you are aware that Yamaha reps read this forum; you know at least two.

So, there's really not much else that can be done, other than forward information (including the poll taken here some time ago), and wait for the results.

So far, the answer for a 76'er has been "No".

All we can do is wait to see if the next generation S-series, or the next Tyros has what you want.

If we go by previous instances, it doesn't appear too promising, but, who knows, maybe they will make a 76.

Ian

#295151 - 10/07/10 02:24 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
Diki Offline

I appreciate the forwarding of my wishes. You MIGHT acknowledge, though, that I am by NO MEANS the sole person here requesting these. I hate to be singled out for what appears to be a quite common request

Likewise the drum sound (fixable with a TVN for the Tyros) and the VH, etc., etc..

#295152 - 10/07/10 02:34 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Probably because you aren't using, or have not used, any of their arranger products.

Exactly... as long as they continue to poll their existing customers, they are going to think that they have the complete picture. I mean, imagine that they ONLY polled those of us that use 76-ers... You might have a hard time finding a 61 to use! Mind you, if that ever became the case, I would not be 'excusing' Yamaha the omission quite as fervently as you have!

The only factual data they are going to find is if they poll ALL arranger users. Of COURSE, they are going to find 61 users the vast majority. But they would CERTAINLY find a larger percentage of 76 users than they currently do. Perhaps it would be enough to make them change their minds, perhaps not. But the size (or lack thereof) of the segment hasn't so far stopped anyone that DOES make 76's from continuing to make them, and none of these companies are run as charities!

And, once again, their polling data hasn't made them stop production on their existing 76-ers. Seems like at least SOME Yamaha polling data seems to favor making them..!

Basically, I believe the truth of the matter is, should Yamaha ever make a 76 PSR, it would kill their DGX division FLAT. And they don't want to do that, no matter how much the customer would profit. They are making a fortune from these underpowered, under-featured boondoggles...

#295153 - 10/07/10 03:05 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Exactly... as long as they continue to poll their existing customers, they are going to think that they have the complete picture.

I can't see them change what is obviously working very well for them.

Can you?

Ian

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online