SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#295119 - 10/04/10 04:30 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But it would increase the width, and hence the weight, of the organ quite a bit. Most of the time, solo sounds, you'll be playing on the upper manual anyway. If you are triggering chords at the low end of the 76, you simply have to bring your LH straight up and there the pitch strips are...

#295120 - 10/04/10 05:30 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But it would increase the width, and hence the weight, of the organ quite a bit. Most of the time, solo sounds, you'll be playing on the upper manual anyway. If you are triggering chords at the low end of the 76, you simply have to bring your LH straight up and there the pitch strips are...

Not in my case...the lower manual would be 61 keys as well...works for the B-3 and any other organs I've played, so I wouldn't want 76 keys.

It's another reason why I like 61 keys on a single manual instrument...having 76 means the bender/wheels are further away from where I am chording, and putting the wheels/bender on the panel, above the keys, isn't any better, and generally awkward to use.

It's my personal preference, something different may work better for you.

Ian

#295121 - 10/04/10 05:51 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
ianmcnll Offline

Come to think of it, 49 keys on upper, and 61 (splittable) on lower manual would be even better, since, as you say, "Most of the time, solo sounds, you'll be playing on the upper manual anyway."

The instrument could then be made even more compact and lighter in weight, and infinitely more gig-able.

Something similar to the D-Deck Electone.

It also has presets between the keyboards that Diki mentioned.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-04-2010).]

#295122 - 10/04/10 09:13 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Come to think of it, 49 keys on upper, and 61 (splittable) on lower manual would be even better, since, as you say, [b]"Most of the time, solo sounds, you'll be playing on the upper manual anyway."

The instrument could then be made even more compact and lighter in weight, and infinitely more gig-able.

Something similar to the D-Deck Electone.

It also has presets between the keyboards that Diki mentioned.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-04-2010).][/B]

Oh look the Yamaha has the shiny buttons.

Ian i am getting tired of your Yamaha opinions... You clearly have a Yamaha agenda and therefor your opinions have no value at all..

Next to that, this instrument (Virgin 1) is clearly build for homeplayers and then comming with arguments to make it more suited for travel and gigs sounds like you really don't understand anything about these types of organs. Why would anyone want to take a huge organ on a gig?

Don't blame me for taking this personal but you are trying to change every topic intoo a praise the Yamaha lord topic and thats realy starting to get on my... you know.

My 30 year old Solina organ had those buttons too.

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 10-04-2010).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

#295123 - 10/04/10 09:33 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Diki is right the instrument needs more width. I would add the wheels next to the upper manuall (and i would even add a pitch shifter and a ribon controller next to the lower manual.

But then this would require a total redesign of the lionstracs frontplate and i highly doubt tastenpoint is up to that, so he should just wayt for the new 88 key upcomming lionstracs that has a wide enough frontplate

It also needs more height. I would put the lionstracs controll surface with the screen almost straight up, this allows for a better view and easier access. And who cares about weight and volume after all its a home organ and you can also make this design look awesome.

NExt to that i would add 8 knobs to the right of the drawbars, but then thats just personal and i really doubt if many organplayers would use such a feauture.

#295124 - 10/04/10 11:48 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

Ian i am getting tired of your Yamaha opinions... You clearly have a Yamaha agenda and therefor your opinions have no value at all..

]

Thanks Jim.

After reading your recent, and not so recent, posts it is quite clear that your agenda is to continually try to kick Yamaha in the butt.

Well, that can only mean one thing...they are in front.

Every knock is a boost.

You sure get upset easily...if you were playing a Yamaha, you'd only feel peace and contentment...like me.

Instead, you are just another unhappy critic.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-05-2010).]

#295125 - 10/05/10 07:47 AM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Thanks Jim.

After reading your recent, and not so recent, posts it is quite clear that your agenda is to continually try to kick Yamaha in the butt.

Well, that can only mean one thing...they are in front.

Every knock is a boost.

You sure get upset easily...if you were playing a Yamaha, you'd only feel peace and contentment...like me.

Instead, you are just another unhappy critic.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-05-2010).]

really?

Then explain why i am very happy with my Yamaha S90ES (It even has 3 expansion boards DX,VL,AN installed) If i am allways bashing YAmaha...

No mate, the only thing that disturbs me about the Tyros line is that many of the professional feautures available in the Motif line are not avaialble in the Tyros line. Things like 76 keys, synthesizer level of sound edditing, pattern sequencer and master keyboard functionallity...

They are available tough in the Korg PA line.

I also said that Yamaha's SA sounds are the most realisitic and playable acoustic sounds avaialble in the whole industry and even the new drums in T4 got my aproval. If Yamaha crammed T4 and Motif XF in one instrument with 76 keys it would be a no boner for me.

Currently i play on my S90ES combined with an M3 module (and a borrowed V-synth) with a software setup using Ableton, cubase and live-styler which i controll with a Novation zero SL controller. But live styler doesn't cut it for me and i am in the market for a hardware arranger...

So either i was going for the new T4 if it had 76 keys to replace my S90ES.. But then it has no 76 keys and so its a none option for me.

So i'll probably end up with adding an Audya 4 to my current setup or using a mediastation in combination with my M3 if only i could convince myself of the style quallity. (i am affraid the MS will in the end give me the same feeling as i currently have with live-styler, i really liek to eddit a lot of stuff, but styles just need to be stellar quallity straight out of the box)

So now i am wayting till Korg releases their new line to make a decision.

I am overly critical before spending new money right now, because money is hard to come by these days. I am as critical towards Tyros as i am towards Korg and Lionstracs when it comes to spending well earned money.

Critical towards open arrangers you say? yes, despite me being a huge fan of the concept, i am still not convinced if they are where they need to be, vst's and midi, and audio all sound great, but stellar quallity styles are an issue for me. And i am not convinced that they will be avaialable any time soon on Lionstracs instruments. I want as much freedom as possible but i also want an instrument thats perfect sounding straight out of the box, i am not as good a musician as James or NEdim that can just create his own stellar content with an instrument like the Groove or the mediastation.

So yes i am critical, but this allows me to see the strongs and weeks of any brand, but also it saddens me because in my search for the perfect arranger/synth workstation i can see flaws in any model. Combined with my technical knowledge that it is possible for Yamaha and Korg to produce such an instrument at the same costprice as their current line of instruments.

And thats the difference between you and me, i am critical about all and everything, but you try to sweettalk everyone intoo beleiving that YAmaha is the perfect instrument for all of us... Well rest asured, Yamaha has some demonstrators that can do this much better, just talk to Voncken Baartmans or Rietdijk overhere in the Netherlands and half an hour later you know for sure that a T4 is the perfect instruments for you, nomatter what your actuall needs are.

But then when these people state their opinion somewhere everyone knows they work for Yamaha and people vallue that knowledge. But you with you Halleluya Yamaha attitude pretending to be nuetral in the matter, you try to push your opinion about Yamaha all the time, which makes you blind for the obvious flaws in Yamaha instruments.

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 10-05-2010).]

#295126 - 10/05/10 08:25 AM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
But you with you Halleluya Yamaha attitude pretending to be nuetral in the matter, you try to push your opinion about Yamaha all the time, which makes you blind for the obvious flaws in Yamaha instruments.

Well son, all I can tell you is that if you don't like my opinion, that's your problem, not mine.

Your posts remind me of a baker who makes a wonderful chocolate cake, and then covers it with dog poo icing.

Carry on,

Ian

#295127 - 10/05/10 09:16 AM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
Bachus Offline

Quote:

Well son, all I can tell you is that if you don't like my opinion, that's your problem, not mine.

Your posts remind me of a baker who makes a wonderful chocolate cake, and then covers it with dog poo icing.

Carry on,

Ian

First You call me Jim, and now i have become your son... Since you are my father, That makes you over 70 years old and having Alzheimer... surely you don't want that...

So please don't make up names for me.

Just stick to the facts... and my only fact is that i do not care for your opinion since it is clearly tainted.

End of discussion......

#295128 - 10/05/10 09:18 AM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
Bachus Offline

Back on topic..

Do you think that the wooden chasis, the bench and the pedals combined with drawbars, speakers and amplification are worth the extra 10k this instrument costs over the Groove ?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online