SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#294903 - 09/29/10 06:02 PM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Diki,

I have to completely agree with you. I'm a very big supporter of Ketron. I like their products and their keyboards fit my playing style better than any other brand. BUT!!! Ketron has not rolled out series style disks/library since the MS series. They did release a few style disks with the X1 & SD1, but nothing like what was done for the MS Series.

I know that anyone can create styles, but I don't have the time nor the creativity to mimic anything what ketron would put out as factory styles. So that would leave me for wanting more...... If ketron not going to release a new styles library, then you only have what on the audya. I don't remember every style on the audya but after six months, I would probably get somewhat bored and would want more options as far as styles. I'm in no rush to buy an audya until I see what ketron releases as a audya style library.

I have an SD5, which I love but they really didn't push any new styles besides what the keyboard came with and what was already released for the ms and x series. I would have liked to see new style library with the release of the Sd5, but now that the audya is out, anything for the SD series is now closed and we're left out in the cold.

I still have dozens of the styles from the x1 and ms that I want to revamp and use on my sd5 that should carry me for a good while so I can wait.

damn spelling errors, I'm sure I still have a few!!

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 09-29-2010).]

I stand corrected!!! DanO pointed out all of the styles release for the Sd1 & + but at that time the distributor didn't really push them. Not sure why......

But I know for sure that the X1 didn't have a big style library release.

well you live and learn...... I'm just a little disappointed that I missed the boat on that one!!

#294904 - 09/29/10 06:44 PM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
The 198 styles from the X1 did not have any audio loops, they were all midi based. However they were enhanced with the SD sound engine. opps..wife wants the computer. If she gets on FB,I may not be back tonight !

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 09-29-2010).]

Dan, if I recall correctly..didn't the X1 have "groove" styles that were loop drums..

#294905 - 09/29/10 06:57 PM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Yep, page 36 in the X1 manual..

#294906 - 09/29/10 09:31 PM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So, what's the REAL skinny? How many styles for the SD-1 did Ketron release in the, what, four or five years it was on the catalog, which had ENTIRELY new styles (not translations from earlier MIDI styles) and which had entirely new audio loops for the drums?

Truth is, I'm FAR more confident about my G70 than you were about your older Ketron. Still got mine, and still haven't heard anything that I would rather have. I would hardly call THAT insecurity!

Roland came out with several sets of new styles for the G70, MidiSpot and a few other third party houses had upwards of a hundred or so new (completely new) styles for purchase, and translations from newer Roland arrangers (E80 and Prelude/GW-8 were a snap to convert with the Makeup Tools) which added over a hundred totally new styles. And that isn't even counting all the legacy styles, which again were a snap to convert.

Even if you don't count translations from non-Roland arrangers, I've got more new styles than my G70 came with in the first place. Add to that how utterly easy it is to completely revoice a style to sound almost NOTHING like the original, and my old warhorse is still fresh as ever...

#294907 - 09/30/10 08:05 AM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
"Truth is, I'm FAR more confident about my G70 than you were about your older Ketron. Still got mine, and still haven't heard anything that I would rather have. I would hardly call THAT insecurity!"

Accually I have a SD1 that is my personal keyboard. We have a Sd1plus at my Church that we are going to sell to help pay for the Audya we bought.

I wouldn't give up my personal keyboard ever. It's a keeper. But for praise and worship music, the Audya is fantastic.

Who said anything about insecurity ?

#294908 - 09/30/10 08:10 AM Re: KETRON DEMOS.....Ohhhhhhh Sooooo Good!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
"So, what's the REAL skinny? How many styles for the SD-1 did Ketron release in the, what, four or five years it was on the catalog, which had ENTIRELY new styles (not translations from earlier MIDI styles) and which had entirely new audio loops for the drums?"

It's pretty common for manufacturers to carry over styles from the previous keyboard. I don't see this revelation as a "ah ha" or "gotcha on that one" moment.

How many styles were born on the E86 that were carried over to other keyboards ? Same with Korg. I-3 styles were carried over to the I-30 etc...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online