SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#294504 - 09/29/10 01:23 PM Re: Audya Violin
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Hey, give James a break...! He has always been responsive in the past to us asking how he has done things.

Don't know why he should, people taking a pop at him.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 10-01-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#294505 - 09/29/10 01:27 PM Re: Audya Violin
chony Offline

Loc: New York
The Audya violin is very expressive. I love it. If I had it on my Tyros I'd use it all the time. (If it's such a simple sound as someone mentioned, perhaps it would be very easy to sample.)

I do not believe John's sample came from a keyboard. It sounds like a VSTi. And if that's the case, it's not a fair comparison... In fact it's a potshot at nielshs.

(Unless I'm wrong and it is from a keyboard. But it's definitely not a Yamaha or Korg sample.)

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 09-29-2010).]

#294506 - 09/29/10 01:34 PM Re: Audya Violin
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Who's taking a shot at James, here? We just wanna know WHICH VSTi it is, whether he performed the solo himself or it's a factory demo, etc..

See any harm in that?

#294507 - 09/29/10 02:13 PM Re: Audya Violin
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Don't know why he should, people taking a pop at him.

From all the posts I read above the only pop I saw was the one to nielshs, mine is better than yours bs and this what a violin should sound like.

I liked the audya violin, it not a instrument that I would use often, but it sounded good.

#294508 - 09/29/10 02:40 PM Re: Audya Violin
Diki Offline

I simply feel that the violin, like the sax and so many acoustic instruments, is close to impossible to play well (or at least, realistically) without using a lot of pitch bend, which kind of makes it difficult when your LH is tied up inputting the chords to the arranger...

Record your backing (SMF or audio or chord sequencer) and it's a LOT easier to get an expressive violin solo, even from barebones sample sets as are in most arrangers. And use a MIDI controller with a pitch STRIP, and it gets even easier... trills, hammer-off's and -on's, slurs, so many things that complex VSTi's need alternate articulations to achieve, all become almost simple with a pitch strip...

#294509 - 09/29/10 02:47 PM Re: Audya Violin
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
From all the posts I read above the only pop I saw was the one to nielshs, mine is better than yours bs and this what a violin should sound like.

Which is why I couldn’t be bothered going into any detail at this point.

Anyone who thought that this was a “Mine is better than yours”... shame on you. That's not what this was at all, and I didn't appreciate the hate emails either.

People who simply don't understand seem to want to fight all the time.

James.

#294510 - 09/29/10 02:55 PM Re: Audya Violin
Diki Offline

Good grief, James! Hate emails... over THIS?

Lord, what is this forum coming to?

Do me a favor, sport... email me privately about that violin sound if posting here isn't your cuppa tea. Ta, mate...

Mind you, if only ONE negative post is enough to drive you away, I'm not sure how much of you on this forum we are likely to see in the future. And that would be a great loss to us all.

#294511 - 09/29/10 02:58 PM Re: Audya Violin
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Which is why I couldn’t be bothered going into any detail at this point.

Anyone who thought that this was a “Mine is better than yours”... shame on you. That's not what this was at all, and I didn't appreciate the hate emails either.

People who simply don't understand seem to want to fight all the time.

James.

I have nothing to be ashamed about nor did I send you any hate emails. I would never take it to any level like that over any keyboard. Maybe it was not your intent, but you came off (imo) underminding what nielshs shared with the forum.

You posted a wonderful mp3 of a violin, which leaves me curious if it was live sample from tyros, korg paXX or a factory demo of a vst. Can the expression repeated by velocity, pitch bend, while using your left hand changing chords and buttons etc.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 09-29-2010).]

#294512 - 09/29/10 03:10 PM Re: Audya Violin
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

...and I didn't appreciate the hate emails either.

James.

So I waited with baited (good rhyme) breath and opened the thread when I saw it at the top of the "messages listing"...anticipating that I was finally going to learn the origin of THE (by now famous) violin patch. Because......I love violins! What a bummer to read these last few replies.

No one discusses making music in this group and NOW no one can discuss patches either! I guess I got it wrong all these years. I always thought musicians were supportive of each other but I'm still waiting to see it.

Lucky

#294513 - 09/29/10 03:14 PM Re: Audya Violin
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Mc , I didn't name names and I wasn't implying that you were one of the people who sent me hate mail.

But you are one of the people who don't get the point behind the demo and who think it's a pissing contest. That really annoys me as I'm not like that at all. I spend all my time helping people, not pissing on them.

It's like shoot first, ask questions later here with some people when they read somthing they don't understand.

James.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online