SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#294250 - 09/23/10 11:40 AM Re: TYROS 4 with PETER BAARTMANS
124 Offline

Actually, hearing that style of music made a really refreshing change from the steady diet of scat voices we seem to have been getting up to this point. I liked it.

#294251 - 09/23/10 12:32 PM Re: TYROS 4 with PETER BAARTMANS
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Quite probably, Spalding...the Tyros3 is still as superb an arranger as it was when introduced.

I believe the Tyros4 is targeted at the Tyros (one) and PSR owners and not the T2 or T3 user, who are quite happy with what they have and see no need to change.

I spoke to a local Music dealer overhere in Holland, Deira Music, yes the same that offers the KEtron SD2/Tyros combo, he expects to sell 150 T4's by the end of the year, mostly to current T3 users.

There are just to many people on early retirement here in Holland that have to much money and just need to spend it on the newest Tyros.

Currently he is promoting an Audya/T4 setup as the all in one dream setup. And beleive me that he will sell those.

But Yamaha is clearly targetting the T4 at the same crowd that bought T3 and they will sell, its the same attitude you'll find over on pk owner and on some dutch Tyros forums.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#294252 - 09/23/10 12:51 PM Re: TYROS 4 with PETER BAARTMANS
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
I spoke to a local Music dealer overhere in Holland, Deira Music, yes the same that offers the KEtron SD2/Tyros combo, he expects to sell 150 T4's by the end of the year, mostly to current T3 users.

That's quite possible, Jim, most the T3 buyers I dealt with came from Tyros and PSR.

I believe I will have more Tyros2 players trade up to the T4 than Tyros3, but every region has it's own characteristics.

I've been getting plenty (over 200) of emails regarding Tyros4 ands when it will be demoed in my area...most are PSR-Series and Tyros users...more than a few are first time buyers.

I'm sure not everyone will actually buy one, but it is nice to see the interest generated

Going to be a fascinating season, to be sure.

Ian

#294253 - 09/23/10 07:58 PM Re: TYROS 4 with PETER BAARTMANS
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Come on gang.....do you really think that demo was good for THAT audience???

How many in that group do you think use distortion guitars in their playing?
Peter is sperb...they did act like they enjoyed HIS playing...but the sounds & styles...I hope he played a lot and we just saw a small piece of it!

Lee S.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online