SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#294226 - 09/23/10 01:41 PM Re: Why on board speakers sound so good
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm not sure about other brands because my recollection don't seem to go back that far, but every Yamaha model I've owned with built-in speakers sounded excellent, and they were all ported with vents beneath both sides of the keybed just for that purpose. The speakers were extremely high quality, well balanced, and situated in such a manner to provide outstanding fidelity--almost as good as headphones.

The only problem I ever encountered was getting my external sound system to sound equally as good. That took quite a bit of tuning, but it can be accomplished.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#294227 - 09/23/10 02:20 PM Re: Why on board speakers sound so good
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I'm always amazed at what kind of BS our SZ members can come up with. Speakers on keyboards are designed to sound good to the player's ears. Anyone who thinks two 10 watt speakers will fill a room with adequate sound for a party or whatever are dreaming. When one adds amplification and other speakers then the true sound of the keyboard come out. Keyboards and amps need to be EQ'd to meet the listener's ear. Everyone has a different deffinition of what sounds good. Some like Bose, Roland, QSC, etc. Don't expect miracles from under-powered systems.

#294228 - 09/23/10 02:25 PM Re: Why on board speakers sound so good
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I'm not sure about other brands because my recollection don't seem to go back that far, but every Yamaha model I've owned with built-in speakers sounded excellent, and they were all ported with vents beneath both sides of the keybed just for that purpose. The speakers were extremely high quality, well balanced, and situated in such a manner to provide outstanding fidelity--almost as good as headphones.

I'm pretty impressed with the speakers in the S910...as you say, well balanced, nice bass (because of the ports) and loud enough for personal play.

Ian

#294229 - 09/23/10 02:26 PM Re: Why on board speakers sound so good
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
BS or not, play a decent CD thorough an arranger's built-ins, then tell me it sounds even REMOTELY flat...

'Good' is definitely in the mind of the listener. If it's good enough for you, that is fine. But allow those of us with REALLY decent speakers to make the comparison, even if you are not too happy with the opinion...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online