SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#294015 - 09/21/10 04:35 PM Tyros 4 Exclusive
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Gear4music.com's exclusive video of the Tyros 4 launch, with expert demonstrator Martin Harris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LYRRosXTEI

Jerryghr

#294016 - 09/21/10 04:42 PM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks for the link, Jerry.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#294017 - 09/21/10 04:55 PM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
Dnj Offline

jerry thanks for the heads up....but is it me or is anyone wondering why all you ever hear are these Scat Voices on all the new demos?...is that whats new on T4..
I personally never use scat voices ...do you?

#294018 - 09/21/10 05:11 PM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
jerry thanks for the heads up....but is it me or is anyone wondering why all you ever hear are these Scat Voices on all the new demos?...is that whats new on T4..
I personally never use scat voices ...do you?

They certainly are overdone. I wouldn't upgrade my T3 to get them. I would get tired of them very quickly. (Already tired of the demos of them).

I might do one song in an evening with them ...just for effect and variety.

Regards,

Jerry

#294019 - 09/21/10 05:19 PM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
+1...

I spent a small fortune for a CDROM for my K2500 of Take 6 samples. FAR better than these on the T4. But they VERY quickly turned into a gimmick, once the novelty wore off. I've got vocal scat sounds on the G70 comparable to the T4 scat sounds. Once again, after the first few months, I hardly ever use them.

I just don't get Yamaha's priorities... First, Uilleann Pipes on the T3, now scat voices on the T4, all the while ignoring the drums (or paying them lip service). I don't know about you, but I use drums on every single song I do, but Uilleann Pipes on ONE song, and scat voices on none. And I'd be prepared to say that the vast majority of us here are the same...

#294020 - 09/21/10 05:28 PM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
Dnj Offline

Well jerry if someone wants to be Sammy Davis Jr scatting his brains out I dont know how long the audience will last.....

I would love to know how this T4
VOCAL Declaration to the world was decided in the R&D room for the Tyros 4 release?...What was their mindset?...& Goal.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-21-2010).]

#294021 - 09/21/10 05:36 PM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I believe their mindset is providing keyboards for the elderly retirees, who at least have the advantage of such poor memory retention that the scat voices might NEVER get tiresome!

Perhaps one of the Yamaha software third party guys can invent a program that automatically replaces all the overdone vocals on the styles with less gimmicky sounds... Otherwise I envision lots of late night sessions editing all your styles by hand!

Thank God they didn't come out with an SA2 Kazoo!

#294022 - 09/21/10 06:23 PM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
Beakybird Offline

While I think that Yamaha features the scat sounds too much in their demos, I think that you are being unfair in inferring that that is all Yamaha has added to the new keyboard.

There are demos of a lot of other voices, and they sound fantastic.

I was blown away by the brush drum demo. Yamaha added over two dozen new drum kits, and they seem much better samples than the T3 drums.

I think that the problem isn't that Yamaha has great scat and bagpipe sounds, but heavily featuring them in their demos when they are not used so often in modern music doesn't make good marketing sense.

Beakybird

#294023 - 09/21/10 07:02 PM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
+1...

I spent a small fortune for a CDROM for my K2500 of Take 6 samples. FAR better than these on the T4. But they VERY quickly turned into a gimmick, once the novelty wore off. I've got vocal scat sounds on the G70 comparable to the T4 scat sounds. Once again, after the first few months, I hardly ever use them.

I just don't get Yamaha's priorities... First, Uilleann Pipes on the T3, now scat voices on the T4, all the while ignoring the drums (or paying them lip service). I don't know about you, but I use drums on every single song I do, but Uilleann Pipes on ONE song, and scat voices on none. And I'd be prepared to say that the vast majority of us here are the same...

I cant believe I have to agree with Diki on this one but he's right!!

#294024 - 09/21/10 07:07 PM Re: Tyros 4 Exclusive
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I think that the problem isn't that Yamaha has great scat and bagpipe sounds, but heavily featuring them in their demos when they are not used so often in modern music doesn't make good marketing sense.

Beakybird

Do they think all these vocal Voices give the WOW factor to the elderly & beyond and in their amazment they reach in their wallets and shell out 5k?........
OMG !!! this is getting weird !!!

Between these voice scat & doo bee doos and no mention or demo of the upgraded VH2, I'm slowly getting dissapointed in the trickle down scenario for the next S series also.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-21-2010).]

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online