SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#293764 - 09/20/10 08:07 AM Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
Dnj Offline

#293765 - 09/20/10 09:16 AM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
Bachus Offline

whats the lower keyboard he is using?

Anyway it again shows that most pro players need/want more then 61 keys.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#293766 - 09/20/10 09:52 AM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

Anyway it again shows that most pro players need/want more then 61 keys.

Actually, Jim, it shows that many pro players wish they were playing dual manual organs.

We see a lot of the same on YPKO...quite a few are making dual manual setups.

I feel fortunate, as one 61 key S910 is perfect for my arranger needs.

Ian

#293767 - 09/20/10 09:54 AM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Actually, Jim, it shows that many pro players wish they were playing dual manual organs.

We see a lot of the same on YPKO...quite a few are making dual manual setups.

I feel fortunate, as one 61 key S910 is perfect for my arranger needs.

Ian

Thats why Yamaha should sell a 76 key addon keyboard for T4, like Wersi sells for their Abacus...

Now that would be the best of both worlds.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#293768 - 09/20/10 10:26 AM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Thats why Yamaha should sell a 76 key addon keyboard for T4, like Wersi sells for their Abacus...

Now that would be the best of both worlds.

Yes it would be cool.

Several of the people who made dual manual setups, used the Yamaha NP-30 piano for the lower manual.

If I was to use a lower manual, 61 would be fine, especially if it was splittable.

Too bad they wouldn't just design a special stand for two keyboards...one that would let you put them quite close together, as on an organ.

Ian

#293769 - 09/20/10 11:24 AM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

During the intro I was hoping for Tuxedo Junction, oh well. Not the most exciting arrangement of Mack the Knife, since the build-up of lyrics, music and key changes is what really makes that song, but in whole a very nice job. It is great to see someone actually play and not rely on accompaniment tracks; nice pedal work from what I could tell. The only negative comment, other than the excessive reverb (seems to be typical of the Tyros) is he needs to remove the volume pedal altogether or learn how to not tap his right foot to the music. A very common mistake that non-organ players make is pumping the volume pedal like that. Surprising since this fellow knows his way around bass pedals leading one to believe that he is an old school organist.

#293770 - 09/20/10 11:44 AM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Too bad they wouldn't just design a special stand for two keyboards...one that would let you put them quite close together, as on an organ.

Ian

Actually, there is one available--I use it every day. It's the Quick Lock 642

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#293771 - 09/20/10 12:03 PM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
During the intro I was hoping for Tuxedo Junction, oh well. Not the most exciting arrangement of Mack the Knife, since the build-up of lyrics, music and key changes is what really makes that song, but in whole a very nice job. It is great to see someone actually play and not rely on accompaniment tracks; nice pedal work from what I could tell. The only negative comment, other than the excessive reverb (seems to be typical of the Tyros) is he needs to remove the volume pedal altogether or learn how to not tap his right foot to the music. A very common mistake that non-organ players make is pumping the volume pedal like that. Surprising since this fellow knows his way around bass pedals leading one to believe that he is an old school organist.

I was wondering about the Vol Pedal pumping myself ....would this give a flutter to the overall volume during play?.

#293772 - 09/21/10 08:32 AM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I was wondering about the Vol Pedal pumping myself ....would this give a flutter to the overall volume during play?.

It's just like playing a style back on your keyboard and moving the master volume slider up and down in time with the music. It is kind of common to a new user of a volume pedal, especially on a full organ since most people tap with their right foot and that is where the volume pedal is located. On the other hand, this fellow certainly did have his tunes down, it was enjoyable to listen to other than the volume issue.

Back in the old rock B3 days, most guys just pushed the volume pedal all the way forward and left it there. Then you would control the volume straight from the drawbars. This also made the percussion cut through like crazy (think Green Eyed Lady).

#293773 - 09/21/10 08:48 AM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
Dnj Offline

I hear you.....in my B3 days on stage I pretty much had a steady foot vol pedal also...took me years later to ween myself off using a V pedal...it becomes part of your foot..

#293774 - 09/21/10 08:51 AM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
DannyUK Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Actually, there is one available--I use it every day. It's the Quick Lock 642

Gary

Hi, I was actually looking into getting a multi keyboard stand but I didn't know which one to get. I have one already but it doesn't feel secure enough to me so I use it as a single stand for my T3 but ideally would like to have the PA1x on the top tier. Also, does a multi stand exist where I can still have the T3 monitor speakers attached?

#293775 - 09/21/10 08:56 AM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Danny,

This particular stand is rock solid and very stable. The top tier is completely adjustable in all directions, therefore, if the T3 was on the bottom and the top board tilted downward and positioned high enough, I believe you could leave the T3 speakers in place, but I'm not positive about this.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#293776 - 09/21/10 09:07 AM Re: Calling.... UK TYROS 4 Lovers...
Dnj Offline

If anyone is interested I have two
QUICK LOCK adjustable 30mm Top Tier that can easily attach to an X stand like this to let you add gear.....
give me a shout I can send pics also

onemanband52@yahoo.com
http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=137&sName=QLX-3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online