SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#293389 - 09/16/10 09:34 PM TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Dnj Offline

Yamaha.....TC Helicon....Digitech......or?

#293390 - 09/16/10 09:48 PM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I bet Yamaha...so they wouldn't have to pay for it.
Lee S.

#293391 - 09/16/10 11:24 PM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
124 Offline

Don't Yamaha mention it anywhere in their info. on the T4? I would think that if it were made by a recognised leader in harmoniser technology, then it would be trumpeted from the rooftops.

#293392 - 09/17/10 02:36 AM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 124:
Don't Yamaha mention it anywhere in their info. on the T4? I would think that if it were made by a recognised leader in harmoniser technology, then it would be trumpeted from the rooftops.

Its touted as VH2

"The all singing keyboard
The human voice features in almost every style of music imaginable, but because the sound is so familiar, it becomes one of the most difficult to convincingly reproduce on a keyboard instrument. Tyros4 uses new technology and clever sampling techniques to introduce a new dimension in vocals on digital workstations, whether you're playing the new vocal Voices live on the keyboard or singing with the amazing new VH2 Vocal Harmony, you'll be amazed with the sound you create. "

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-17-2010).]

#293393 - 09/17/10 03:44 AM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by 124:

Yamaha also uses/licenses the Aphex Aural Exciter technology in their arrangers, but it's rarely mentioned.

Sometimes it's not necessary to toot your own horn.

Ian

#293394 - 09/17/10 03:52 AM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yamaha also uses/licenses the Aphex Aural Exciter technology in their arrangers, but it's rarely mentioned.

Sometimes it's not necessary to toot your own horn.

Ian

Why would anyone want to toot their own horn that they use that technology? Aphex's Aural Exciter destroys just about any audio that passes through it. That's one technology that made audio go backwards.

#293395 - 09/17/10 03:57 AM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:

Aphex's Aural Exciter destroys just about any audio that passes through it. That's one technology that made audio go backwards.

Really? Maybe you just haven't learned how to use an enhancer properly. Most people make the mistake of applying too much of the effect...in this case, a little goes a long way.

Check around on the Internet...there are plenty of tutorials on how to use one.

Ian

#293396 - 09/17/10 04:06 AM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Well, as long as Yamaha Marketing calls it amazing, that settles it, doesn't it?

Mind you, didn't they get all excited about the LAST VH too? We all know what a huge hit THAT was...

Personally, I wouldn't be selling your TC's and Digitech's just yet! Let's wait and see, on this one.

#293397 - 09/17/10 06:48 AM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
On the vocal harmonizer point, the demo video shows a female blonde singer and a completely shaved bald gentleman playing the Tyros4. I don't know if this is a spoof, coincidink, or not, but those are the same characteristics, if not the same exact demo'ers as those at the TC-Helicon site.

check it out yourselves!!! LOL

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#293398 - 09/17/10 06:52 AM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, as long as Yamaha Marketing calls it amazing, that settles it, doesn't it?

Don't be so silly, Diki...that's not true.

I told you a million times not to exaggerate.

Ian

#293399 - 09/17/10 06:56 AM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Beakybird Offline

The vocal harmony demo sounds great. Of course, that's just one setting, and under certain settings the T3 vocal harmonizer can sound professional too. I look forward to demos of more VH settings.

Beakybird

#293400 - 09/17/10 07:54 AM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
On the vocal harmonizer point, the demo video shows a female blonde singer and a completely shaved bald gentleman playing the Tyros4. I don't know if this is a spoof, coincidink, or not, but those are the same characteristics, if not the same exact demo'ers as those at the TC-Helicon site.

what demo video?...

#293401 - 09/17/10 12:28 PM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Diki Online   content

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj: "whether you're playing the new vocal Voices live on the keyboard or singing with the amazing new VH2 Vocal Harmony, you'll be amazed with the sound you create."

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Don't be so silly, Diki...that's not true.

I told you a million times not to exaggerate.

Ian

Send some of that 'wisdom' up to Yamaha, while you are dispensing it, Ian!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-17-2010).]

#293402 - 09/17/10 12:31 PM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Dnj Offline

hahahahah it's funny to see all the T4 Nay Sayers come out in a jealous rage LOL...Just too funny!

#293403 - 09/17/10 12:45 PM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:

Al, they look alike but it's not the same two. Laura Clapp at the TC Helicon site has brown eyes, this lady has blue eyes. I think. Well maybe there's meant to be a subliminal message??

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-17-2010).]

#293404 - 09/17/10 12:48 PM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

what demo video?...

http://music-tyros.com/tyros4/features/vocalharmony/index.html

#293405 - 09/17/10 12:59 PM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Diki Online   content

I'll leave the rage in your capable hands, Donny. But as one of the principle naysayers of the previous Yamaha VH technology, and a user of some of the best current standalone VH products, come on... Honestly now (I know this must hurt, but try!), is this even CLOSE to a TC or Digitech?

Sounds to me like they were constraining the singer to a MIDI file melody, then adding VH hardly distinguishable from what the S910 already does. But I'm no expert. You are. Are your eyes bugging out of your head, or is this just a mild upgrade in sound quality?

#293406 - 09/17/10 06:55 PM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Wheres the pitch correction and voice modeling?

IMHO, if you do VH at all it better be top notch...or just forget it. We don't want toys here.

On the original PA1XPRO (I had one) it had the full features of TC Helcon (you had to pay extra for some of it)...then on PA2XPRO they downgraded some features..BUT, they kept the TC quality and it works ery well today.

Lee S.

#293407 - 09/17/10 07:09 PM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'll leave the rage in your capable hands, Donny. But as one of the principle naysayers of the previous Yamaha VH technology, and a user of some of the best current standalone VH products, come on... Honestly now (I know this must hurt, but try!), is this even CLOSE to a TC or Digitech?

Sounds to me like they were constraining the singer to a MIDI file melody, then adding VH hardly distinguishable from what the S910 already does. But I'm no expert. You are. Are your eyes bugging out of your head, or is this just a mild upgrade in sound quality?

Diki thank you for your concern.....That's left to be determined when these units are available for demo sometime in the future...I really couldn't tell from the videos what kind of quality or upgrades if at all Yamaha has put into the T4 or will trickle down to the S910...I personally like the Digitech, followed by the
TC Helicon VH units for many reasons....
I enjoyed my G70's on board VH unit also..but if you read my previous posts these are some the things I am interested in...at least they make modules of these VH units for stage use. Im really not in a rush to change what I use now....but optimistic to see whats around the corner and in time hope to try some of these units and see what they offer. I would of also like to see the T4 display screen made bigger, seems to be wasted space all around the screen and lose some of the hokey icons?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-17-2010).]

#293408 - 09/17/10 07:23 PM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Wheres the pitch correction and voice modeling?

The pitch correction was on the Vocal Harmony Edit page on the Tyros3/S910...it's probably in the same place on the Tyros4, but I won't know for sure till I get one.

Ian

#293409 - 09/18/10 07:08 AM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Dnj Offline

I would like to know excactly what improvements were made on NEW VH2? With so many advancements in vocal harmony technology in the last few years, I'm hoping Yamaha takes the incentive and really Improves the VH in their new units.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-18-2010).]

#293410 - 09/18/10 12:53 PM Re: TYROS 4 Vocal Harmonizer is made by.........
Diki Online   content

I'm afraid that, especially on a reasonably professionally made video demo like the one for the new harmonizer, if the difference between it and the old harmonizer doesn't jump out and bite your butt, it simply isn't a big enough leap.

Amazing? (Yamaha's words, not mine)... Well, maybe. Amazing they can't manage to make a better one than a six year old Roland, that's for sure!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online