SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#293178 - 09/17/10 02:25 PM Re: First Real Demo Of The T4
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Donny, your starting to sound like a Yamaha Fanboy. How does Fran let you get away with that????

Fran knows me very well.....at the drop of a hat I'll throw gear out the window and change direction immediately...honestly, I'm very fickle and many times Fran has been my anchor to bring me back down to earth & I love him for that, he's so much more patient then me..like I said, I'm waiting now for the Tyros4 trickle down effect for the new
S series, as I enjoyed the T4 demos posted today....BUT,.....if something comes down the pike in the meantime (61keys of course) I will certainly look closely at it to serve my needs as well......enjoy what you play or what you been playing for the last 10 years

#293179 - 09/17/10 02:33 PM Re: First Real Demo Of The T4
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
The T4 sounds great. The demos are very good and the drums have definately been upgraded. Loved that piano sound . I dont know if people with the T3 should be dumping them though as the sound and the styles are all too similar to each other. I think if i had a T1 or T2 the decision would be easier. Unfortunately the Tyros range still are inadequate for me in terms of an all in one arranger due to the under spec'd sequencer and sound editor but in a studio that would not matter.

Best of luck to yamaha. They have certainly created a buzz about their latest offering by the amount of comments here and elsewhere. They must be doing something right as far as marketing is concerned .

I am sure much great music will be made on the T4 as could equally have been made on the T3. Have fun whatever instrument you play.

#293180 - 09/17/10 03:10 PM Re: First Real Demo Of The T4
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
The T4 sounds great. The demos are very good and the drums have definately been upgraded. Loved that piano sound . I dont know if people with the T3 should be dumping them though as the sound and the styles are all too similar to each other. I think if i had a T1 or T2 the decision would be easier. Unfortunately the Tyros range still are inadequate for me in terms of an all in one arranger due to the under spec'd sequencer and sound editor but in a studio that would not matter.

Best of luck to yamaha. They have certainly created a buzz about their latest offering by the amount of comments here and elsewhere. They must be doing something right as far as marketing is concerned .

I am sure much great music will be made on the T4 as could equally have been made on the T3. Have fun whatever instrument you play.

Has the question been answered "Do the Tyros 4 styles work on the Tyros 3 S910 units also"?....or not?... or will it be a Style trade frenzy again!

#293181 - 09/17/10 03:13 PM Re: First Real Demo Of The T4
DannyUK Offline

Dnj, the T4 styles will appear on psrtutorial at some point anyway won't they? All the T3 styles are there so I'd suspect the T4 will turn up there too.

#293182 - 09/17/10 03:20 PM Re: First Real Demo Of The T4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Has the question been answered "Do the Tyros 4 styles work on the Tyros 3 S910 units also"?....or not?... or will it be a Style trade frenzy again!

I don't think the styles are downwardly compatible, so Tyros4 styles won't work in a Tyros3 or an S910...the T4 uses SA voices (the T3 does not) and different mega voices in the styles.

Of course, there are always those who cleverly make converters, so maybe they will be available eventually, although the styles won't quite have the same presence.

More importantly, all the Tyros1/2/3 styles will work in the Tyros4 as well as the premium voices.

Ian

#293183 - 09/17/10 03:29 PM Re: First Real Demo Of The T4
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I don't think the styles are downwardly compatible, so Tyros4 styles won't work in a Tyros3 or an S910...the T4 uses SA voices (the T3 does not) and different mega voices in the styles.

Of course, there are always those who cleverly make converters, so maybe they will be available eventually, although the styles won't quite have the same presence.

More importantly, all the Tyros1/2/3 styles will work in the Tyros4 as well as the premium voices.

Ian

Hmmmmmm?....now that is disappointing and definitly a big selling & upgrading point...."Not the same Presence" is the key....... could
More be LESS?....in this situation, maybe many people want simpler real sounding styles vs all the fluff of the new tyros 4....chorus/vocals/scats etc, etc, .. or maybe gearing T4 more towards modern music you woulod hear today be a better choice....?

#293184 - 09/17/10 03:37 PM Re: First Real Demo Of The T4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Hmmmmmm?....now that is disappointing and definitly a big selling & upgrading point

Disappointing? It is normal for the styles in newer model keyboards to not work in the earlier ones...it has been that way for all manufactures.

Someone found a way to make the Tyros3 styles work in a Tyros2 and Tyros, plus the relevant PSR, so it might be that someone will do it again with the Tyros4.

Ian

#293185 - 09/17/10 03:54 PM Re: First Real Demo Of The T4
Dnj Offline

As I sit here and eat pretzels & jalapeno cheese with a glass of Chianti I can see your points Ian....but its the "PRESENCE" of the styles in another KB that losses it edge!

[img]http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=26819.0;attach=8773;image[/img]

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-17-2010).]

#293186 - 09/17/10 04:55 PM Re: First Real Demo Of The T4
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Disappointing? It is normal for the styles in newer model keyboards to not work in the earlier ones...it has been that way for all manufactures.

That is to be totally expected. No surprise there at all. All that would be going on in conversions that do work in earlier keyboards would simply be to strip out unsupported features. There is no reason a manufacturer would create styles that don't support new hardware features. That would make no sense at all.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-17-2010).]

#293187 - 09/18/10 01:35 PM Re: First Real Demo Of The T4
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
You are going to hear a somewhat greater difference between a T4 style and a T4 style backwards converted for a T3 or S910 than you have had in the past, I fear.

SA voices in a style is a considerable jump in technology (mind you, Korg has had it since the new OS update, and I have no doubt Yamaha COULD have done it with an update for the T3, too, but that's not the 'Yamaha Way' ) and the style itself will contain much data specific to the SA triggering that will not be relevant to the T3/910.

Add to that that MANY of the new styles use the new vocal sounds (overuse them, IMO) that the T3/910 doesn't have, and the new kits... I can see a while before they figure out how to make these backwards compatible...

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online