SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#293039 - 09/14/10 10:05 PM Re: Is Korgs TOTL Arranger Really Out Next Year
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Someone, who said they were informed by someone in the know, told me, and several others, yesterday that the new PA3XPRO will be available for sale in January / February 2011.

So, get ready for a griddle full of PA2XPros ( since they were supposedly sold like hot cakes) to hit the second hand market in the new year.

Ian

#293040 - 09/14/10 11:07 PM Re: Is Korgs TOTL Arranger Really Out Next Year
Bachus Offline

I think that they will release a new M model synth first... The synth should yhave an improved sound engine, Karma 3+ and hopefully be able to run the EXi's developed for the Oasys. (would be very stupid from Korg not implement them as they have those programs readylli available without much effort, after all its software)

I also think that there will be advanced options to controll VST's running on a remote PC.

Then a few months later some of this technollogy should find its way intoo a new PA. Maybe even supporting audio styles.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#293041 - 09/15/10 05:11 PM Re: Is Korgs TOTL Arranger Really Out Next Year
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Maybe Korg have simply learned not to make Ketron's fatal mistake...

Announce a product LONG before it is ready, then announce delay after delay while they try to get it to work right

2011 seems about right for Korg's regular product schedule, personally, I would bet on Q3 or 4 rather than Q1, but I also wouldn't be holding my breath for VSTi's or anything significantly Oasys or Karma based. Korg have yet to leverage the DNC capabilities they brought out in the update (SA capabilities without SA type samples is an utter waste of time, IMO), and all the PA series needs to sound SIGNIFICANTLY better than the PA2 is a good collection of samples specifically recorded to use the DNC engine (and three more fills, at least, IMO ). I believe you can already use DNC sounds in a style, so Yamaha are only JUST catching up to this capability with the T4, and little else needs adding to compete with Yamaha's new arranger.

FLASH RAM would be nice, but I doubt we'll see that until the M series has it. Tyros didn't get it until after MoXF got it, after all...

Korg already leads in the sampler section, guitar section, harmonizer section (I still doubt Yamaha has anything equivalent - without a major rack product, I doubt Yamaha has any significantly NEW technology for pitch transposition... I just see an incremental improvement in their harmonizer), drums and many operational aspects (they still are the only arranger with true WS quality voice editing).

I just don't see the NEED to go in a completely new direction just to compete with an incrementally upgraded T4. If Korg go all out and actually let DNC live up to its' potential by providing it with the samples it needs to show of, that will be enough to make us all sit up and take notice, I think.

#293042 - 09/15/10 05:17 PM Re: Is Korgs TOTL Arranger Really Out Next Year
to the genesys Offline

Korg would need to make sure their new arranger is not heavy if they want to compete with Yamaha.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online