SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#29299 - 06/11/05 05:05 AM Questions about Midjay
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hello People!
I want to know, can I create new styles directly in the Midjay? How different is the sound set compared to SD1plus? My main interest is latin music (so latin percussion and brass are a must)
I´m using a PSR3000, good for certain styles but for latin is very poor
Thanks a lot for your help
Regards
Jose Pereira

#29300 - 06/11/05 07:53 AM Re: Questions about Midjay
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
You cannot create styles in the Midjay.
The sounds in the Midjay are very close if not equal to the SD1. The latin styles are great and you can load all the latin styles from the SD1 into the midjay. The customers I've sold the midjays to just love them!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#29301 - 06/12/05 02:44 PM Re: Questions about Midjay
coca Offline

Hi,

I owned a Yamaha Tyros and now the Midjay. Tyros and PSR-3000 are pretty much the same keyboard with some difference. Most of the styles in the Yamaha are good but not execellent. I love the Miday drum and bass sound. It is very realistic. Some of the styles are good too espeacial the latin and rock style. Both Yamaha and Miday are good machine and it is depend on preference. I would suggest to buy the third party styles to import into your keyboard and try it out. The midjay still have some bug in the OS. I am using version 2.0. George Kaye in Hollywood have all the stuff the you are looking for. He is an active member and his knowledge is increadible. Give him a call and he will tell you the good and bad about each keyboard.

By the way, I am looking for the Ketron FS-13 footswich? Anyone has a used one for sale? Thanks.

coca
kpnws@yahoo.com

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online