SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#292903 - 09/12/10 09:50 PM Re: The T4: If and only if.
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
I can understand someone not wanting to buy a 61 keys keyboard. But I cannot understand why someone would not buy a keyboard just because it has 76 keys. That just doesn't make sense.

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#292904 - 09/12/10 11:54 PM Re: The T4: If and only if.
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
I can understand someone not wanting to buy a 61 keys keyboard. But I cannot understand why someone would not buy a keyboard just because it has 76 keys. That just doesn't make sense.

I travel a lot with my keyboards. If the added keys meant added weight and larger dimensions, I would hesitate.

That said, Yamaha wastes a lot of space on their Tyros line, and could probably fit an extra octave in that wasted space...

#292905 - 09/13/10 07:44 AM Re: The T4: If and only if.
Bachus Offline

What T4 needs is a 76 key extra keyboard like the Wersi abacus Pro... with an easy click and connect structure...

All previous organ players would love it and gladly spend another $500 dollars for it.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#292906 - 09/13/10 09:14 AM Re: The T4: If and only if.
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
That said, Yamaha wastes a lot of space on their Tyros line, and could probably fit an extra octave in that wasted space...

I couldn't agree more!!!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#292907 - 09/13/10 03:37 PM Re: The T4: If and only if.
to the genesys Offline

Posted by DNJ All the Tyros units I've owned always were too bulky and too much real estate for my liking as was the G1000/G70...although at home it was fine in the studio for recording
So the issue is really not whether the arranger has 76 keys but whether it is bulky and heavy.

Sadly, it is post like the following that Yamaha relies on when they do their so call market research.
Originally posted by Dnj:
If it had 76 keys I definitely wouldnt buy it.

It would seem that Yamahas research on 76 key arrangers is done incorrectly.

As DNJ illustrated the real issue is whether the keyboard is going to be heavy and bulky and not whether it has 76 keys.

A 76 key keyboard does not have to be heavy and bulky. Just look at the Korg TR76 and the Roland E60.

All those people who say they love a 61 key arranger are really referring to the size and weight. Because if the Tyros was big and heavy as the Korg PA 1x, Roland E80, Ketron SD5 (all of which are 61 keys), they would not buy the Tyros.

So when Yamaha says they did research, we need to really take it with a grain of salt.

#292908 - 09/13/10 03:55 PM Re: The T4: If and only if.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I can easily understand why some people are content with a 61. I myself have no desire for an 88 arranger (but more due to touch issues than how big or heavy it is). But what I DON'T understand is why some people seem SO invested in Yamaha's decision to NOT offer a 76, as if it is a point of pride for them.

Yes, I have no desire for an 88 arranger, but I would NEVER tell anyone that wants one that their needs are so unimportant to me, and that their needs should not be even SLIGHTLY important to the arranger manufacturers. Who's frickin' side are you guys on, anyway? Fellow arranger players like yourselves, or a giant, faceless uncaring corporation..?

Where is any sympathy, where is any empathy, where is any solidarity from you '61 ONLY' Nazis? Are you completely incapable of putting yourself in other people's shoes? If ONLY 76's were being made, and many, many, many of you made posts that you would prefer a smaller, lighter 61, and we took such pathetic glee in the fact that what YOU want wasn't offered by Yamaha (but everybody else made one), just what kind of a pr*ck would you think we all are?

A pretty small-minded, petty, uncaring pr*ck, I bet...

#292909 - 09/13/10 04:01 PM Re: The T4: If and only if.
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki,
WOW...that was pretty darn well said!

Question...what % of all arranger players do you guys think cart it around and gig with it?

I bet no more than 20%...that may be high...now remmber were not just talking about members here. World wide sales of those that need portability??

Lee S.

#292910 - 09/13/10 05:11 PM Re: The T4: If and only if.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Don't forget, the E60 was a scant FOUR pounds heavier than an S910.

#292911 - 09/13/10 05:49 PM Re: The T4: If and only if.
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
It's a hell of a lot easier to carry a 76 key PA2 than it is a T2 etc...The PA2 is narrow, not to high and you can get a hold of it pretty easy. Yep, it is pretty heavy...but so is a TX. The T2 I had wa hard to grab for m anyways. YMMV.
Lee S.

#292912 - 09/13/10 06:21 PM Re: The T4: If and only if.
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
It's a hell of a lot easier to carry a 76 key PA2 than it is a T2 etc...

I own both the T3 and the Pa2x and I find this statement completely untrue. The Pa2x is double the weight and longer. It is MUCH harder to carrier than my T3.

Your statement leads me to believe that you either do not own both keyboards, or you are built very differently to me...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online