SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >
Topic Options
#292837 - 09/15/10 12:48 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

after..

How many family business do you know that lasted 120 years?

The Corleone family, the Gotti family, the Patriarca family. Been more than 120 years

#292838 - 09/15/10 01:02 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
The Insider Offline

Loc: Buckinghamshire,England
Several European Royal Families . . .

#292839 - 09/15/10 01:19 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

128 poly is plenty...I've never had dropouts
64-note poly was easily maxed out on an arranger...that's why they doubled it to 128.
Ian

But poly isn't what i am actually getting at, rather the same old numbers/Tyros1 based system is what am am getting at with the addition of a few pretty amount of supposed sounds that I TO could do through some 'Custom Voicing' time put in.This is kinda lazy to me.
When i say i want an "adult toy" i mean i want easily accesible ON board fuctions where one can make a song,chop,quickly paste,edit out/in parts, within a short amount of time and have ALL FUNCTIONS in 'Song Creator' usable, that suddenly isn't available one page over/back(to those who use these functions you probably know what i am talking about). At this point in the keyboard world, for me all currently installed sounds are ample enough. If you are buying $4000 boards based on new sounds(that are just clever newly created 'custom voices' that is very bland to me for the sum of quickly lightened pockets. Speaking of the 'custom voice' function, this area SHOULD have a desinated spot on the keyboard where ONLY turn knobs are implemented,the current offering is outrageously s-l-o-w/fated concept.
Yes i know i know i am just one little fart in a world of many other farts, but still, it's another $4000 yamaha doesn't get to take from me because of these offerings that come with these hot off the press freshly released young adult toys. I want a tyros that comes with a thousand or so pathes of variety for style parts that can be RANDOMLY altered at will,like keep pressing a button until the chord being played sounds how i want INSTEAD of the ancient offered copy such an such a part in this style from this one to that one.This should be more 'on the fly random..i'll called it the style random part that isn't even found in another style,now that'a NEW.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-15-2010).]

#292840 - 09/15/10 01:30 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
How many family business do you know that lasted 120 years?

I suppose Yamaha does alright, for in 1887 JULY Torakusu Yamaha builds his first reed organ and begins taking orders for more.

That makes them 123 years old.

First electronic organ in 1959.

How's that for history, Binky?

Let's see...it appears to be easier for some, of course, not you, Fran, to take Roland's "No", as in "No, we are not making any 76-note arrangers anymore" than it is to deal with Yamaha's wisdom in remaining at 61 for TOTL and MOTL.

Strange, because Korg is around the same relatively length of time as Roland, yet they manage to do quite well manufacturing TOTL and MOTL units.

Some companies are just more progressive and/or stable than others.

Let's hope Roland's repair department has kept a good supply of G-70 parts in stock...usually they don't go beyond 10-15, perhaps 20 years at best.

Of course, by that time, you'll be doing nursing homes with your accordion...or living in one.

Ian

#292841 - 09/15/10 01:34 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
But poly isn't what i am actually getting at, rather the same old numbers/Tyros1 based system is what am am getting at with the addition of a few pretty amount of supposed sounds that I TO could do through some 'Custom Voicing' time put in.

Yes, and if that's how you feel, you're best off buying another brand that will make you happy.

Plenty of people want Yamaha arrangers, so I don't think anyone will lose any amount of sleep if you buy a Casio.

Ian

#292842 - 09/15/10 01:46 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yes, and if that's how you feel, you're best off buying another brand that will make you happy.
Plenty of people want Yamaha arrangers, so I don't think anyone will lose any amount of sleep if you buy a Casio.
Ian

Oh no way man!
I am merely alikened to a christian who has become angered because god put that dam tree of good an evil in the garden..i still beleive in God/yamaha,however the lack thereof for the latest explantion of "why is it in there if i cannot nibble of the apples/same offered Tyros's is my stumbbling block. I guess because i don't agree with the tree of good/evil,ian would have me turn to some other/satan.
I am not giving up on yamaha, rather just stating my current state of
"YAWN-AHA"
I spent lots on my dinoric PSR9000,and to this day,the T2 was almost enough of a fish hook to do me in.When i buy my next KB i assure you it'll be a a true flagshipper.If i die waiting for such..well..the "all good things come to those who wait" kinda gets thrown out the door don't it.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-15-2010).]

#292843 - 09/15/10 02:11 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
I guess because i don't agree with the tree of good/evil,ian would have me turn to some other/satan.
When i buy my next KB i assure you it'll be a a true flagshipper.If i die waiting for such..well..the "all good things come to those who wait" kinda gets thrown out the door don't it.

Hey, my friend, I'd be more than happy to see you wind up with a keyboard you wanted, rather than a specific brand.

I'm very tempted by the Tyros4. The guys in Yamaha head office heard it last month, and they were blown away, and believe me, it takes a lot to impress that bunch.

If I'm not totally tickled with the Tyros4, I will probably buy an S910...I can get my instruments well below dealer cost, so I'm very lucky.

I'm just planning on working home and recording simple arranger pieces and make Cds...the on-board sequencer, and audio to USB recorder, will be fine. as will the on-board sounds...I get a lot of mileage out of an instrument, but, of course, it is my job to know them very well, so it's not such a big accomplishment.

I play very simply...just Left Hand chords and Right Hand melody, although I do make my own styles to suit my own musical style.

I'm not concerned about 61 keys...I have a Yamaha P-85 piano that I can midi to the arranger for those rare special pieces that require a lot of actual piano playing.

It will be interesting to see who ends up with a Tyros4.

Peace,

Ian

#292844 - 09/15/10 03:57 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
You know, I am going to post this until Ian FINALLY manages to acknowledge the sentence. Right now, NOTHING he posts makes any sense unless you pretend that Yamaha DON'T already make 76 arrangers and 88 note ones...

BUT THEY DO. Ian, for the love of God will you stop pretending that they don't..! Yamaha have made 76 and 88 note arrangers for YEARS. They have a whole DIVISION dedicated to them.

You see, it's easy to make the argument that there shouldn't be a 76 Tyros if you are trying to hogwash us with the assumption that there are no 76 arrangers that Yamaha make. But sadly, they DO. They just make really BAD ones. So, the horrible truth is, you are not trying to excuse that Yamaha don't make 76 arrangers. You are trying to excuse that they make terrible ones. For your assertion that Yamaha have done their market research, and concluded there is no need for a 76 arranger, they would have to STOP making the ones they do...

My assertion is that they need to make GOOD ones, not START making them at all.

BTW, you better get down on your hands and knees and thank every single MUSICIAN that ever said 'NO' to the way things are... Or you would still be playing the clavichord and harpsichord. Those that aren't satisfied with the status quo are the ones that improve things for those that are.

I am going to KEEP saying 'NO!' to your absurd assertion that Yamaha have no need to improve their current 76 and 88 offerings. But please remain content with mediocrity in those keyboard sizes, you marketing God, you... After all, who wants Yamaha to be the best at EVERYTHING they do? What kind of a marketing strategy would that be?

#292845 - 09/15/10 04:17 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
You know, I am going to post this until Ian FINALLY manages to acknowledge the sentence. Right now, NOTHING he posts makes any sense unless you pretend that Yamaha DON'T already make 76 arrangers and 88 note ones...

BUT THEY DO. Ian, for the love of God will you stop pretending that they don't..! Yamaha have made 76 and 88 note arrangers for YEARS. They have a whole DIVISION dedicated to them.

You see, it's easy to make the argument that there shouldn't be a 76 Tyros if you are trying to hogwash us with the assumption that there are no 76 arrangers that Yamaha make. But sadly, they DO. They just make really BAD ones. So, the horrible truth is, you are not trying to excuse that Yamaha don't make 76 arrangers. You are trying to excuse that they make terrible ones. For your assertion that Yamaha have done their market research, and concluded there is no need for a 76 arranger, they would have to STOP making the ones they do...

My assertion is that they need to make GOOD ones, not START making them at all.

BTW, you better get down on your hands and knees and thank every single MUSICIAN that ever said 'NO' to the way things are... Or you would still be playing the clavichord and harpsichord. Those that aren't satisfied with the status quo are the ones that improve things for those that are.

I am going to KEEP saying 'NO!' to your absurd assertion that Yamaha have no need to improve their current 76 and 88 offerings. But please remain content with mediocrity in those keyboard sizes, you marketing God, you... After all, who wants Yamaha to be the best at EVERYTHING they do? What kind of a marketing strategy would that be?

Since this discussion has turn from the sublime to the ridiculous, I will play Ian.
The 76 key arrangers Yamaha makes is for the beginning piano player.
Yamaha’s research shows that there is no market and thus no incentive to make their current 76 key arrangers any better because the people who use MOTL and TOTL arrangers do not want 76 keys.
So the answer is no.
Yamaha does not want you as a customer. Yamaha wants you to buy another brand.
Yamaha does not recognize you as a musician with significant needs.

#292846 - 09/15/10 04:47 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I am pretty sure that this has NOTHING to do with market research. After all, If Yamaha have done their job well, and so have every other manufacturer, they ought to come to the same conclusion, shouldn't they (unless, as I know is far more likely, Yamaha poll their existing market FAR more than any market they haven't currently got)?

No, the underlying truth to the whole thing is that each of these different arrangers are marketed by totally separate divisions, and Yamaha's divisions don't play nice with each other... Just like any large corporation, internal competition is what determines which division gets resources, and it is NOT in Yamaha's arranger division's best interest that the CVP 'home piano' division, or the low-end DGX division get access to the best technology the company has to offer.

The fact that EVERY other arranger manufacturer's market research (and actual sales) show there IS a genuine customer NEED for a good 76 (they certainly wouldn't make them if research and sales showed nobody wants them), and ONLY Yamaha doesn't make them shows pretty conclusively that this has NOTHING to do with market research. But the fact that EVERY 76 and 88 arranger that Yamaha make comes from a different Division to the arranger division certainly lends credence to the assertion that this is merely internal politics and corporate intra-rivalry than anything whatsoever to do with what the CUSTOMER wants.

The DGX/CVP division doesn't want the arranger division encroaching on their market segment, and the arranger division doesn't want the DGX/CVP's scavenging THEIR sales figures, which is CERTAINLY what would happen were they to market a functionally identical T4 or S910 with a 76 or 88 keybed.

It has NOTHING to do with what the customer wants. we are the LAST thing on their minds. It is all about internal divisional rivalry, pure and simple.

This is the only scenario that actually makes any SENSE... Everything else offered up as an 'excuse' for the lack of quality product in this market segment is easily, quickly and demonstrably proven as false.

What WE want is nowhere NEAR as important as preserving Yamaha's internal fiefdom's to the people that run them...

Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online