SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15 >
Topic Options
#292816 - 09/15/10 01:24 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Well said. Making a 76 key arranger is the next best thing that Yamaha could do especially since it does not affect the persons that like 61 keys.

Hogwash. If it was, they'd be makin' them.

It isn't, so they are not.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-15-2010).]

#292817 - 09/15/10 03:08 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
to the genesys Offline

So we go back to Ian’s real premise (silly as it may be) being that Yamaha is perfect and it makes all flawless decisions.

I don't see how one company's representative could keep saying no to a significant market.
Remember that Yamaha’s reasons for not making a 76 key arranger is based on flawed market research. If asking persons if they would welcome a 76 key arranger where the persons being questioned idea of a 76 key keyboard is big bulky and heavy, then of course the answer would be no especially if the persons being questioned are playing a compact and mobile 61 key arranger.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 09-15-2010).]

Lets take another example. A laptop manufacturer developed a laptop that has a slide out printer/scanner on the laptop itself.

In doing research for that new product they ask laptop users questions like would you welcome a laptop with a slide out printer/scanner.

If the persons they questioned idea of a printer and scanner is that of being big and bulky, then the answer would most likely be no.

But the manufacturer has developed the product where including the slide out printer/scanner built in to the laptop would not affect the weight and size of a 17 inch laptop.

But if they do not get that information in to the questioning, then the answer they get would be based on persons assumptions and the result of the research would be misleading.

#292818 - 09/15/10 03:23 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
to the genesys Offline

BTW

Does any one remember when persons were crying for Yamaha to include MP3 playback and audio recordings on their arrangers?

And you remember the negative response that got. ---we are not karaoke players; that is for workstations; if persons want to record they would use their DAW; it is not needed; it will make the keyboard to complicated; it will jack the price up of the keyboard--- and so on.

Yamaha now include MP3 playback and wave recording on their arrangers. Did they suffer a reduction in sales because of that? In fact, some of those same critics now see the benefit of having MP3 playback and wave recording on their arranger.

It will be the same thing with including 15 extra keys on their MOTL and TOTL arrangers. Users will then see the benefit of having 76 keys on their arranger.

Yamaha and others have been incorrectly addressing the issue as a 61 v. 76 key issue. The issue is not the number of keys but whether the keyboard remains compact, not heavy and mobile. And we all no Yamaha can make a compact, not too heavy and mobile MOTL or TOTL arranger that has 76 keys.

#292819 - 09/15/10 04:42 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
So we go back to Ian’s real premise (silly as it may be) being that Yamaha is perfect and it makes all flawless decisions.

What is silly, is that you keep misquoting me and putting words in my mouth...that's very impolite and you are being very naughty.

No one here said "Yamaha is perfect and it makes all flawless decisions"...except you.

All companies make mistakes...look at Gem, for instance; there's a company that couldn't even stay in business, but you don't mention their blunders....perhaps it is because you own one of them?

You know Genny, this debate has been going on since the original Tyros, and, despite the harping, howling, guilt-tripping, and other childish tactics performed by you and several others, there has not been a 76 note Tyros.

Despite what you think, "stubbornness" is not a virtue, and in this case, it is a liability because you are wasting your time, going over and over the same debate that ends with the same results.

Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results, is a form of insanity...I'm sure your faithful and competent psychiatrist will be glad to help you come to grips with your problem, and perhaps, at the same time, explain the meaning of the word "No" to you.

You can go in circles forever with this debate, but the bottom line, is that Yamaha isn't making one until they feel the market is profitable for them.

If their market research is "flawed" (your word), why not be helpful and show them the error of their ways, but not with wild guesses and conjecture, but with actual facts and numbers.

Have a nice day,

Ian

#292820 - 09/15/10 05:09 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
to the genesys Offline

Well Ian, you were the one in referring to 76 key arrangers, who said “If it was, they'd be making' them.
It isn't, so they are not.:
Is that not an assumption that they would always make perfect decisions?

Look Ian lets stop beating around the bush and get to the real issue for Yamaha.

They created a TOTL 76 key arranger in the PSR 9000 pro and it flopped.
You and I both know that for some corporate heads in Yamaha, That is their primary reason for not making a TOTL 76 key arranger.
But we also know that the PSR 9000 pro flopped not because it was 76 keys but because it was big and heavy and it had lots of OS and hardware deficiencies.
If this debate has been going on for years, does that not tell yu something about the need for a TOTL 76 key arranger from Yamaha?
What part of we want it does Yamaha not understant?

P.S I have said what Gem did wrong. I said building a product that persons like and persons could keep for a long time was detrimental to the company. I said that they along with Roland, Korg and Ketron should take a page out of Yamaha’s book an make products that leave people wanting so that they will buy a new product in 2-3 years after the original board.

#292821 - 09/15/10 05:23 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

Look Ian lets stop beating around the bush and get to the real issue for Yamaha.

There really is only one issue...just the one you (and a few other marketing wannabees) have with Yamaha's decision to not make a 76-note TOTL arranger based on their extensive market research.

When you finally accept their decision, the issue you have will go away.

Simple eh?

Ian

#292822 - 09/15/10 05:37 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Well Ian, you were the one in referring to 76 key arrangers, who said “If it was, they'd be making' them.
It isn't, so they are not.:
Is that not an assumption that they would always make perfect decisions?

No, it is not my assumption that "they would always make perfect decisions"...it is yours.

Ian

#292823 - 09/15/10 07:17 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
'Twas the night before Xmas
And all through the house
Not a creature was stirring...
Not even a mouse

My stocking was hung
by the chimney with care
If by some chance
A 61-key T4 would fit in there!

HA HA HA!! Love the HYPE! Can't wait for the reveal!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#292824 - 09/15/10 09:49 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
mr9000 Offline

The fact the T4 STILL yet again is sporting that infamous 128 poly tells me not only everything i need to know, but that it is just another cleverly packaged T1 with more crafty sliding distractions in the candy ass store.

Yamaha: "let's throw on some blue lights this time,that'll shut them up for another 4yrs..ohh and a 2005 fad a vocoder".

Yamaha,let's ditch the tyros thingy and get some adult toys out here please,let's try something new like DSP's for every individual part/track..gimmie new stuff for my labours involving $4000,thx.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 09-15-2010).]

#292825 - 09/15/10 09:57 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
The fact the T4 STILL only offers that infamous 128 poly tells me not only everything i need to know.

I do very complicated stuff and have very full custom styles, layered voices, you name it ... but I have yet to suffer from drop outs...

Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online