SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 >
Topic Options
#292766 - 09/12/10 12:10 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I bet you the two violin SA2 voices share the same samples (ditto the sop sax)...

But, all that aside, I just find it hard to believe how SOME people are so exultant about an arranger's sales, as if THAT had anything to do with how good it is. The best SELLING car in the world is NOT the best car in the world.

And the unashamed glee shown when Yamaha don't offer a keyboard size that many people ask for... What's up with that? How would YOU feel if everybody else was happy as a sandboy that some feature YOU wanted (like a songbook that stored everything you want stored) was missing from it, Donny?

"Best thing about the T4? What Donny wants is missing... " Doesn't that sound petty and mean?

How about showing a bit of empathy, rather than this puerile "You don't get what you want, nya nya nya nya nya" bullshit...? After all, how would it make any difference to YOU, because it's not like we are asking Yamaha to STOP making 61's. But if they DID, and we were all gleefully making fun that Yamaha didn't give a sh*t about what YOU like best, bet you wouldn't be so happy

#292767 - 09/12/10 12:33 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
What's really neat is if you don't like what you see or hear, or the price, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT. I can't believe the number of individuals bitching and moaning about things they're never seen, touched or heard. Just go to George's, Frankie's or the nearest GC, play the damned thing, them come back with a FIRST HAND report of YOUR experiences. Then, keep in mind that it's YOUR OPINION.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#292768 - 09/12/10 12:36 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Did anyone mention it will not have a 76 key version....

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Thats the BEST part!!

Just in case the posts get 'edited'

#292769 - 09/12/10 12:44 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
I'm considering one. Got some cash in stash from the recent sale of my Pa2xPro..... I certainly will have to demo one before I make the leap. I'm fortunate that our friend Frankieve's store is just under a 2 hour drive.

I'm considering one as well, Steve.

I was going to wait and buy my S910 at the end of the cycle, but I just might spring for the T4, especially with all those great new features.

I had put in a request for an SA2 Violin, and finally they've got it...I love the SA2 Harmonica in the T3, and now I'll have some great sounds for the bluegrass stuff I like playing.

I seriously doubt if Yamaha would ever make a 61 and a 76, and since the 76 isn't that needed, according to surveys taken at clinics and demos, they'll no doubt stick with the one model as always.

Besides, anyone needing 76 keys that much can buy one of those Korg PA2X pro (I know you already have one) that everyone raves about, or an Audya (ditto) with all it's bugs and charms...even one of those old G-70's are still pretty good value for the money second hand; that's a fine instrument.

Well, we won't know it all till we actually play one...I don't expect to get one till October, so I'll have to rely on what's on-line.

Sure looks pretty impressive all the same.

Ian

#292770 - 09/12/10 12:58 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
What's really neat is if you don't like what you see or hear, or the price, [b]YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT. [/B]

Well said Gary...there's lots of choices besides Yamaha, if their arrangers don't turn your crank.

Why bitch about what they don't have or they don't make?

Just buy another product that has what you want....Yamaha aren't going to close their doors, and go bankrupt just because a few people don't buy one of their arrangers.

Funniest of all, is that most of the people that bitch and complain the loudest haven't the least intention of ever buying a Yamaha, no matter if it had everything they seem to feel is necessary.

The biggest way to fail is to try and please everybody...Yamaha is wise enough not to fall into that trap.

Ian

#292771 - 09/12/10 01:15 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Diki Offline

But Gary, if they don't make what you want, you CAN'T buy it...

And Ian, if you only ask what keyboard you want at clinics and seminars for people that already USE a 61, OF COURSE you are going to get a preponderance of replies that a 76 isn't needed. That would be like going to a piano convention, and asking whether a 61 note piano is a good idea!

#292772 - 09/12/10 01:31 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

And Ian, if you only ask what keyboard you want at clinics and seminars for people that already USE a 61, OF COURSE you are going to get a preponderance of replies that a 76 isn't needed. That would be like going to a piano convention, and asking whether a 61 note piano is a good idea!

Not really, Diki...we've been asking this question in many different ways, and the majority want 61 keys...and the majority rules.

Home piano players who want arranger features will buy a CVP Clavinova or a DGX-series piano...they would not buy a 76-note semi-weighted keyboard.

The pro piano players generally buy 88/76 note workstations, not arrangers...Yamaha makes a workstation with 76 weighted keys that is very popular, as it is easier to transport in a compact car.

The amount of people wanting a 76 note arranger is small...believe me, I've been in this business for quite some time.

Sure, there are a few, especially here on SZ, that want 76...they don't represent the general buying public...most arranger buyers are home players who will buy a Tyros/PSR if they came from an accordion or synth background, or a CVP Clavinova if they were pianists.

I'm told that Korg sells far more 61 note arrangers than 76, and they pretty well have the market for 76 cornered..the number of PA2Xpros is not a lot, so figure that Yamaha obviously does not want a piece of an already small pie.

Remember, these companies watch each other's sales figures, and there are ways they can get to them...big money always has it's ways.

Ian

#292773 - 09/12/10 01:51 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But Gary, if they don't make what you want, you CAN'T buy it...

Yep, life's a bitch that way. I've been searching the east coast for three years for a Morgan 33 Out Island sailboat, a boat that has not been manufactured since 1978. I've traveled thousands of miles to look at the few that were available. More often than not, by the time I got to the boat it had already been sold. I can't buy a new one because they don't make them anymore, and no matter how much I bitch, Morgan isn't going to bring them back into their production schedule.

Same holds true for arranger keyboards. I loved many of the features on my old PSR-5700--it was a great machine. Unfortunately, it weighed a ton, was limited in styles and voice selection and didn't have a vocal processor. Over the past two decades all of that has changed dramatically, especially if all the features touted on the T4 come to fruition. You, and a few others, wish it would have come out with 76 keys--it didn't. For most of us, including the pros who play every day for a living, the number of keys is inconsequential. If you, or anyone needs more keys to make you play better, then I would suggest buying a brand of keyboard that has more keys. There's a bunch of them out there.

And for the same reason, I may end up with another brand of sailboat other than the Morgan Out Island--maybe an Island Packet or a Hunter. In the mean time I'll keep enjoying what I have until I find exactly what I want--both with the keyboard and sailboat.

Now, for everyone that wants something different than what is currently being offered by the TOTL manufacturer you prefer, I suggest sitting down and writing a detailed letter to that company's product development department with a CC: to the company hierarchy. Post a copy of that letter here so we can see what you're seriously asking the manufacturer to do. I've only contacted Yamaha's production department once and that was 10 years ago. By and large I've been very happy with their products. Maybe I'm just easily satisfied, though.

Gary

Cheers,

Gary

#292774 - 09/12/10 01:55 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Just thought you would like to see how Tyros has advanced over the years. This came from the PSR Tutorial site and Joe Waters. I couldn't make the tables reproduce properly for posting here, but you can see them for yourselves HERE

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 09-12-2010).]

#292775 - 09/12/10 03:04 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
to the genesys Offline

You know for all the talk about Yamaha’s product having sounds, styles and features that a lot of persons, love, how would making an arranger that would not negatively affect those persons be bad for Yamaha?
If everything on the arranger were to be the same except it has 76 keys, if everything else is so great how would 76 keys be a bad thing?

Do you remember when Yamaha arrangers did not have a sampler and audio recording? There were persons on here saying that Yamaha does not need a sampler and audio recording on their arrangers. They were saying that those are “pro” features and the “home” player does not need that.
What did Yamaha do? They included a sampler and audio recording on their newer arrangers. Did that cause a decline in their arranger sales? No it did not.
In fact, some of those person bought the arrangers with the things they said an arranger should not have. They have either seen the benefit of those features or they just don’t use it. No harm.

Same thing with 76 keys. You would either see the benefit of have 76 keys (which is more than just using it for piano mode) or you would just not use the extra 15 keys.

I would agree that having a 61 and a 76 key version of the same arranger would not be in Yamaha’s best interest.
But if the only version was a 76 key one and the sounds and styles were up to Yamaha’s quality, and the keyboard was not heavy and bigger than the T3, Yamaha would sell more than the T3.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 09-12-2010).]

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online