SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 14 15 >
Topic Options
#292756 - 09/12/10 08:43 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Bachus Offline

Did anyone mention it will not have a 76 key version....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#292757 - 09/12/10 09:04 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally posted by Kbdrkr One of my biggest issues with Yamaha is they do not have Outstanding core styles in each Genre that aren't complete musical productions. How about a simple bass, drum, guitar killer Mustang Sally style??

Keep in mind that you can instantly turn off any segment of any style using the sliders, or modify that style to fit YOUR needs using the onboard Style Creator program, which is very versatile and user friendly.

For Mustang Sally, Yamaha already has that style--it's called BluesRock, and from my perspective, it's one of the best Mustang Sally styles ever.

The beauty of nearly all MOTL and TOTL keyboards is the ability to modify anything and everything in the keyboard, then save the information so it can be instantly recalled. With Yamaha, the information slots are called registrations, and they're extremely versatile.

If I were 15 years younger I would consider purchasing a pair of T4s, one for the road and one for the office. However, at this stage of life I'll be sticking with the lighter, someone antiquated PSR-3000, at least until someone comes out with a magic pill that makes me younger and stronger.

It's quite obvious that Yamaha does listen to it's consumers, and over the past decade they've done an outstanding job of producing some outstanding musical instruments, arranger keyboards being just one of them. There's a reason they don't make a TOTL arranger keyboard with 76 or 88 keys--the demand is just not sufficient to warrant the cost of production. It's that simple. If the demand were there, Yamaha would be making a T4 with 76 or 88 keys. Sure, a handful of Synthzone members would like to have a 76-note board, but in the overall marketplace, it's a tiny fraction of consumers. Same goes for those, including myself, that would like to see a sunlight viewable LCD displays and button lights. A few years ago when I talked with Yamaha about this they had already researched the percentage of outdoor players in the market that would benefit from those features. It was less than 1/100 of 1-percent. Not worth the expense of retooling.

I sincerely believe the T4 will be one incredible, arranger keyboard and will be capable of doing nearly anything that anyone wishes to do. For some folks, the OS learning curve will be steep and difficult, while for others who have taken the time to explore their keyboard's inner workings, it should be a walk in the park.

Cheers,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 09-12-2010).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#292758 - 09/12/10 09:29 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

There will be no 76 key version.

Consider it mentioned.

Ian

#292759 - 09/12/10 10:38 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I had placed my order over a month ago, for the T4s'>

Price has not been officially stated, I am one of the first in line, funny, I had to convince my guy that there was a unit coming out.

Hopefully they listened to more than just a group from 1 country.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#292760 - 09/12/10 10:39 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

Thats the BEST part!!

#292761 - 09/12/10 10:48 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Tyros 4 will be the biggest selling arranger worldwide...Audya who?

I know that you always go crazy about Yamaha stuff, but will you buy a T4 if you think that is SO GREAT? !!!

I wonder how many SZ Yamaha fans will purchase a T4.

#292762 - 09/12/10 10:57 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
get ready to sell it outright

Well, if the T4 will be the best selling arranger in the world, and is a big jump in quality, who in his right mind will buy a T2, T3 or S910? I won't.
I will put all my money in the T4 them.

#292763 - 09/12/10 11:15 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I don't understand how "real" players...do not appreciate 76 keys.....and with a decent key action too...

Maybe there is more truth to the "home player" buyers than I thought..

Gary , same reason we won't see "outdoor" displays....You don't need them in your bedroom..

I will wait and see if the "new" Yamaha has the goods.....but don't hold your breath...I am confident..it is still a repackage...

Tyros3 did nothing for me (lasted 2 days)....we will see if the newbie will light my fire..or at least a spark..

#292764 - 09/12/10 11:53 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
1) I think the T4 will sound great.

2) I think the T4 will still suffer from Home heyboard build quality...yes many have had issues with T1,T2, T3 and T4 is the same. Just check on YPKO. Many have not...but I should not have to worry about the specific chemistry of my body and how it may effect the keyboards painted on lettering! The Motif is built very well based on my observation and research. The engineers at Yamaha in Home keyboard division are still building PSR's???

3) No 76 because Yamaha is only interested in home market, not PRO market and 'MOST' home players seem to only want 61.

4) I think they will sell a lot of the T4's

5) I think the features are very nice on the T4 and I'm sure the sound is great. BUT, I want to but a keyboard that will last a long time...and I'm not sure the T4 is going to meet that requirement.

6) I've avoided this T1---T2---T3---T4 thing so far...if the T4 sound wins me over...I may get one in spite of the build quality.

7) I've heard nothing of a PA3XPRO coming out...I may wait a while and see if I can find out about it. One can not assume there will be one. I do like the build quality of the Korg and it is a PRO instrument (many reasons I say this).

If I do get a T4...it MUST work correctly with a lower MIDI keyboard attached, for me to keep it.

Also, depends on street price.

Lee S.

#292765 - 09/12/10 11:59 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Machetero:
I know that you always go crazy about Yamaha stuff, but will you buy a T4 if you think that is SO GREAT? !!!

I wonder how many SZ Yamaha fans will purchase a T4.

I'm considering one. Got some cash in stash from the recent sale of my Pa2xPro..... I certainly will have to demo one before I make the leap. I'm fortunate that our friend Frankieve's store is just under a 2 hour drive.

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online