SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#292877 - 09/16/10 03:50 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
genny.....believe me I have carried every freaking weight and size gear thru the years on stage from tour performance shows, cruise ships which are a pain, years of wedding band gigs carrying up upstairs,rooftop gigs, and everything inbetween, tube gear that weighed a ton, leslies, Hammond B3's/C3's and beyond...I have never needed 76 keys an dnever will....I have played and owned 88/76/61 so what?...I use and buy what I like and need to make a living.....I dont begrudge anyone their choice of gear....use what yiou want I say and make beautiful music with it while you can.all this talk an d BS dont mean squat if you cant produce good music from within you. here we talk talk talk & as always I take it with a grain of salt...why?....because it's all BS talk to me and why I say that is because all I read is talk, and hardly ever hear any music by the people that love to talk in any way shape or form public or private....
Gee why is that?....we cant learn from each other from Bs talk ....we can only learn from seeing and hearing each other so we can absorb and get better as players..although some here think they are above that. 61/76 who cares? Just freaking play, enjoy, share, and learn!!

"61/76 who cares" your words not my words. So I take it you will join the movement for a Yamaha S series 76 key arranger. Thanks for your support.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 09-16-2010).]

#292878 - 09/16/10 04:33 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ian quote.."Don't worry...Yamaha reads these posts, but they quickly realize what posters are serious, and the ones that just like to stir things up...you know, the ones that occasionally get banned.

Generally these posters can't afford to buy anything anyway...some can't even afford a car. They just like to create trouble, because they usually don't feel secure about themselves or their situation,,,not all are like that, but a few are."

Wow Ian!!! Talk about non fact info..

The people that have been banned here are ..Diki, Scott, Craig, Donny and myself..
All of us have owned the top of the line keyboards..Scott and Donny play Yamaha..so that leaves Craig, Diki, and I..in the category "can't afford to buy"....Can you be more specific?...

#292879 - 09/16/10 04:42 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
you know, the ones that occasionally get banned.

LOL you have a few bannings under your belt Mrs.Music ....don't you?

#292880 - 09/16/10 04:51 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
LOL you have a few bannings under your belt Mrs.Music ....don't you?

Just once, for posting an email from Craig, that included his email address..Nigel thought it was a NO NO...but I think if you can email a less than favorable email..I should be able to share it with anyone I please..

#292881 - 09/16/10 05:04 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Just once, for posting an email from Craig, that included his email address..Nigel thought it was a NO NO...but I think if you can email a less than favorable email..I should be able to share it with anyone I please..

Nigel is ALWAYS Right!!!

#292882 - 09/16/10 06:01 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:

Can you be more specific?...

If the shoe fits....

Ian

#292883 - 09/16/10 07:17 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
If the shoe fits....

Ian

I guess the shoe doesn't fit me..

Surely you know I already had a Tyros3..and gave it a new home... ..Someone Else's home..

I have bought so many keyboards...I cannot count them..maybe over a thousand count..

and we are a 6 vehicle family..

Now if Yamaha wants to call me..I will explain why the Tyros and PSR lines don't cut it for me...

#292884 - 09/16/10 07:28 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
and we are a 6 vehicle family..

Now if Yamaha wants to call me..I will explain why the Tyros and PSR lines don't cut it for me...

Six vehicles? I just need one, my 2002 Honda Accord Special Edition...hauls gear, great on gas, fantastic handling and didn't cost much.

I'm sure Yamaha is well aware of your feelings, Fran, and I'm also sure they've incorporated some of the things you used to say were missing.

So, you've actually already have been a big help.

Thank you.

Ian

#292885 - 09/16/10 09:26 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
9/17 12:30 AM EDT...Nothing on the Yamaha Tyros official web site yet..
Going to bed.

Lee S.

#292886 - 09/17/10 02:59 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You know, I am beginning to wonder why any of us pay attention to this clown of a Canadian, with his complete lack of sympathy for his fellow musicians and slavish devotion to anything that Yamaha do, his omniscient pomposity and attitude that, if HE says something is so, that is it... QED

All he offers, like ANY of us, is OPINIONS. Not facts. Mind you, I am convinced he has no idea of the difference between the two.

The FACTS are as follows. Yamaha make arrangers in 61, 76 and 88 note sizes. Calling 76 and 88 size arrangers 'pianos' doesn't make them so. A 'piano' has NO arranger features. I've got one sitting in front of me now. Strings, hammers, check... three pedals, check, a lid, check... I've looked EVERYWHERE. No arranger features at all

Weirdly, though, every OTHER manufacturer that makes an arranger with 88 keys calls it an ARRANGER. Undoubtedly, this is too obvious for Yamaha's marketing division. Soon they'll be marketing trumpets as bugles, tubas as maxi-cornets, and french horns as 'continental breakfasts'! Not that what they CALL them is going to change what they are.

But, at least it's comforting to know that the question of 'what is an arranger' has been answered definitively by Yamaha marketing (after all, they invented them didn't they? Oh, whoops, no, they didn't ).

Anything with a full arranger engine in it is ONLY an arranger if Yamaha Marketing call it one. Otherwise, it might be a pancake, or a ballpoint pen, or a hockey puck...

Thank God, at least, that I am too far away from Ian to ever need to buy something from a store he was working in. Maybe it works in Canada, but 'Take no for an answer, we don't care what you want' doesn't work too well here in the US.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-17-2010).]

Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online