SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#292867 - 09/16/10 09:37 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

A company should give customers what they want..within reason. I do.

Lee S.

Nice post Lee.

The crux of the matter is that the term "within reason" will be different depending on that particular company's marketing strategy.

As I said earlier, you may not agree with a company's marketing methods, but you don't have enough actual data (only a guess)to determine why they place their "within reason" limits where they do.

I work for Yamaha...been with them 25 years or more...there is no divisional rivalry between pro and home...none.

You are only hearing rumors, and they can't be proven.

Consider their source, and maybe they've originated from a disgruntled employee, or even a dealer who feels they might have been wronged...could be any source.

To say there is "divisional rivalry" without proof is just an unproven statement.

"Innocent until proven guilty" would be the fair and just way to handle such rumors...we do it with people, and a company is just a bunch of people.

Ian

#292868 - 09/16/10 10:03 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Dnj Offline

Yamaha knows what they are doing....
don't be fooled

#292869 - 09/16/10 10:05 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
One BIG thing you forget..
Those short little, very smart, very nice, very honorable Japanese managers don't share everything with the field force...

When they ask 'you'...do we need a 76 note arranger...how do you answer??
Based on posts here, you are happy with 61, most of your clients as well...but that's a small representation?

Ah...that may be part of the problem?

Maybe they should ask the question to MORE of US?? NOT just he ones that currently OWN 61 key machines.

Lee S.

#292870 - 09/16/10 10:06 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"Korg will do okay in the small 76-note arranger arena, because there is no real competition for their PA2XPro...the Audya sure isn't,"

I see you have finally played an Audya and are now qualified to dismiss it, Ian. On what features are lack thereof do you base your comment?
I certainly can't dismiss the Tyros 4 from consideration because I haven't seen one. Oh right, nobody has.
DonM

#292871 - 09/16/10 11:00 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Maybe they should ask the question to MORE of US?? NOT just he ones that currently OWN 61 key machines.

Lee S.

Don't worry...Yamaha reads these posts, but they quickly realize what posters are serious, and the ones that just like to stir things up...you know, the ones that occasionally get banned.

Generally these posters can't afford to buy anything anyway...some can't even afford a car. They just like to create trouble, because they usually don't feel secure about themselves or their situation,,,not all are like that, but a few are.

At the clinics and demos, we ask ALL participants, especially those who haven't bought one yet, or own another brand.

The survey I do is very thorough, and there is another person who just writes down feedback.

BTW, I am not against a 76 note arranger just because I'm happy with 61, but I wouldn't want a 76'er as my only choice..in other words I don't want the 61 note versions replaced by 76.

Ian

#292872 - 09/16/10 03:00 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
Oh...no me either...I think the 61 is fine for most...It wouldn't be the only choice ever...as proven by sales..I just think a 76 would sell against competition pretty well and realistically the cost in R&D and mfg. would be pretty small.

I have a short list of things...that if they had ben there...I would have bought T3 instead of PA2XPRO. 76 is only one of the items. MIDI implemtation as to user voices is another big one...it would be easy to do

Lee S.

#292873 - 09/16/10 03:15 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
[b] Well may be the new S series will have 76 keys. Or they could upgrade the DGX series to a MOTL arranger.

Personally, I don't think they'll bring out a 76 note PSR-S-series.

The DGX will not change to something approaching MOTL arranger specs (like the S-series) unless Casio go with 4 variations/style, and add some more features.

Casio is the DGX's competition.

You know Genny, it's strange. We have a very lucrative and very busy arranger market here in Atlantic Canada...it has been that way since the early PSR and Roland E-series.

Yet, when some dealers took in Roland G-70 and E-60, they only sold one of each, and the latter is still resting at the back of one of the stores, unless some employee took it home.

The G-70 was traded in on a pair of lighter PSR's or a Tyros2 (I can't remember which one) and ended up on EBay.

If 76 note model arrangers were so popular, why don't the dealers in my district bring in Korg PA2Xpro? They have the Korg line of workstations that sell very well, and some of their digital pianos, but they shy away from their 76-note arrangers.

Why?

The PA2XPro is a better/newer arranger than the G-70 and of course, the E-60.

The dealers have seen/heard, and some have even tried the Korg product at the NAMM shows, yet they want Yamaha Tyros and MOTL PSR (again, this is in my region).

Of course, we promote the product vigorously, but Korg could do the same.

Still, they had a big demo night (well attended) of the G-70/E-60 and that didn't seem to help, and rather than buy a 61-note E-50, the customers went with an S-series that offered more features, and great support.

It would be interesting to find out the percentage, or ratio, of PA2XPRO to PA-800 on the Korg forums.

Ian

PS...why haven't you bought a Korg PA2XPRO?[/B]

You are still not getting it Iana.

The issue is not a 61 v. 76 key but a heavy v. light, compact v. bulky issue.

And why would Yamaha want to follow Casio?
Are they not the leaders?

P.S Iana I don't have a Korg PA2 X pro because it is too heavy. I want something that is easy to carry and transport and that has 76 keys. I like every thing on the Korg because it is a workstation and an arranger. But for gigging day in and day out an S series that has 76 keys would be the best thing

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 09-16-2010).]

#292874 - 09/16/10 03:15 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Is anybody else sick and tired of the numbers 61 and 76???

#292875 - 09/16/10 03:22 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I doubt a 76 Key S series and if they did I would definilty NOT buy one and keep what I have S910 for now.. until someone else makes some new 61 models...

Yeah right.
If the new S series had killer sounds and styles, better live gigging features, a great harmonizer and was not heavier or more bulky than the existing S910 you would be the first one to buy it even if it had 76 keys.
The issue for you and almost everyone here is not the number of keys but size and weight.

#292876 - 09/16/10 03:43 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Yeah right.
If the new S series had killer sounds and styles, better live gigging features, a great harmonizer and was not heavier or more bulky than the existing S910 you would be the first one to buy it even if it had 76 keys.
The issue for you and almost everyone here is not the number of keys but size and weight.

genny.....believe me I have carried every freaking weight and size gear thru the years on stage from tour performance shows, cruise ships which are a pain, years of wedding band gigs carrying up upstairs,rooftop gigs, and everything inbetween, tube gear that weighed a ton, leslies, Hammond B3's/C3's and beyond...I have never needed 76 keys an dnever will....I have played and owned 88/76/61 so what?...I use and buy what I like and need to make a living.....I dont begrudge anyone their choice of gear....use what yiou want I say and make beautiful music with it while you can.all this talk an d BS dont mean squat if you cant produce good music from within you. here we talk talk talk & as always I take it with a grain of salt...why?....because it's all BS talk to me and why I say that is because all I read is talk, and hardly ever hear any music by the people that love to talk in any way shape or form public or private....
Gee why is that?....we cant learn from each other from Bs talk ....we can only learn from seeing and hearing each other so we can absorb and get better as players..although some here think they are above that. 61/76 who cares? Just freaking play, enjoy, share, and learn!!

Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online