SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#292511 - 09/08/10 04:14 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:
I agree Dnj, I wished they were black again.

I think the best keyboard i've owned for build quality is the Korg i30, it was built like a brick s*** house.

Dannuy I loved my KORG M1, I3, I30.....it had a great black color and a slight texture to it also....almost like a sand paint which gave it extra toughness.....those were some of the best KB's Korg ever made!

#292512 - 09/08/10 04:39 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Wearing off & chipping off is two different things ...body finegr acids/sweat is the main culprit and so what? ......do you want it to last forever sheeeesh!!! it's only a freaking keyboard........who cares what it looks like as long it it SOUNDS GOOD and everything is working properly, and YAMAHA KB's are durable & road worthy beyond belief Gig after gig, ....year after year, profit after profit, they are still the best bang for the buck arrangers made period. ....take it from people in the trenches with thousands of gigs under their belts, not some bedroom players who go nowhere......

Sept 17 cant come soon enough....

Must be all that oily Italian food we eat here in Rhode Island

#292513 - 09/08/10 04:41 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:

Wouldn't have it any other way

#292514 - 09/08/10 05:37 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:

You have food? We're so poor here on Cape Breton Island, that all the mice left...

#292515 - 09/08/10 05:54 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
quote" ianmcnll
Member posted 09-08-2010 03:15 PM
The real pain is when the instrument gets shipped with HUGE bugs like Lee is experiencing with his new Audya. "

Ian as you can read further into the subject on the bug or so called bug, it appears the Yamahas and other Arrangers have the very same bug if you wish to call it that in thier keyboards.

As far as the color, I wish they were black or at least something different from Grey, Korgs at least put those end strips, woodgrain, nice asthetics, why dont yamaha and others incorporate arrangers into synths, hit the nail on the head need to call it something else but styles!! and they will,, come on Ketron, Korg, Yamaha its time to grow up and get an all in one synth/workstation/arranger in one!!

#292516 - 09/08/10 06:27 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
quote"
Ian as you can read further into the subject on the bug or so called bug, it appears the Yamahas and other Arrangers have the very same bug if you wish to call it that in thier keyboards.

come on Ketron, Korg, Yamaha its time to grow up and get an all in one synth/workstation/arranger in one!!

Well, Lee was calling it a "HUGE bug"...

My Yamaha instruments respond similarly...I don't mind it; one learns to compensate.

I like the silver, but black would be nice...yet, they still can show wear, as the affected parts tend to get shiny.

I'm perfectly happy with the arranger being just that...an arranger. It has enough features of the workstation for my liking.

Of course, Robbo, opinions will differ...that's what makes these discussions so interesting.

Ian

#292517 - 09/08/10 06:59 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Silver (or gray) paint and variations have always issues with durability.

It has been known for years the issue.

Long time ago I read an article about the problem after my Honda have the same problem.

Most durable= black, blue and red.

#292518 - 09/08/10 07:02 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
Dnj Offline

If Tyros 4 is now ready for release ....
be assured R&D is working on Tyros 5 already!!

#292519 - 09/08/10 07:22 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Actually, the only black that held up were keyboards with a case made of Bakelite, which was, and still is, the most durable form of plastic available. The color was not a coating or paint, but instead it was impregnated into the plastic, thus it was not susceptible to wear. It was available in various colors, including silver, but if I recall correctly it was about three times as expensive as other forms of plastic, and it would not extrude nearly as well because of its hardness.

I've had lots of black keyboards, they got hot as Hell when you were doing an outdoor job, and they didn't look any more professional than a silver board. For me, silver works just fine. For those that must have a black keyboard, there's always Krylon. It comes in gloss, flat, crinkle, and textured.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#292520 - 09/08/10 09:17 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Poor Build Quality?
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
ianmcnll quote:

Of course, Robbo, opinions will differ...that's what makes these discussions so interesting.

Ian

Hi Ian,

yep that is deffinately what makes these forums so interesting, but it's the closest most people will ever get to roadtesting before they buy, ofcourse most of us are tragics and want the latest and greatest even with bugs, just wish manufacturers would say nothing until the actual release with the problems sorted, that would be great, I know I like to hear about up and comings, but it's frustrating and either makes you dive into something else before the release or wait until its too late.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online