SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#292068 - 09/01/10 10:51 PM S910 upgrade not likely for a year...
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
If history repeats the release of the next version of the S900 series won't be until Summer Namm 2011. The 500 series Clavinovas were just released recently and the S910 is equivalant to the TOTL Clavinova in sound set.

I could be wrong but I don't see a PSR trumping the Tyros 4 or the Clavinovas anytime soon. The sound engine in the S910 is ALREADY in a Clavinova 509!!
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#292069 - 09/02/10 04:33 AM Re: S910 upgrade not likely for a year...
Dnj Offline

Who cares S910 is More then efficient for anything you throw at it as it is already....no rush.

#292070 - 09/02/10 01:25 PM Re: S910 upgrade not likely for a year...
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Oh, c'mon Donny! Where is your advice to all rush out and sell their S910's in anticipation of the arrival of the S911 (sounds like a Porsche, don't it?)...?

You know, like you did for the T3 owners so they can get the presumably MASSIVELY upgraded T4..

I mean, no-one will get mad at you if they sell their T or PSR now, have to wait MONTHS (if not longer) without an instrument for it to ship, longer as orders are slowly filled, and then find out that all that money bought hardly any difference to the old one... will they?

Perhaps a 'wait and see' might make more sense that 'Everybody start selling your T3's!'... Unless your goal is to pick up a T3 cheap from someone gullible enough to actually TAKE your advice..!

You wouldn't do that, now would you?!!

#292071 - 09/02/10 01:36 PM Re: S910 upgrade not likely for a year...
Dnj Offline

Oh common Diki that's what backup units are for.....so lets see, no one is impressed or excited with anything coming out in the next few months because it's an incremental upgrade.....so in that respect Roland has maybe a 10 year interval period in between TOTL units ?...so with that in mind if history prevails we'll see something very substantial in the near future....but maybe on the same track as a TOTL loaded 76 Prelude I would think since they are soon to be fully based vback in Italy again.

#292072 - 09/02/10 01:51 PM Re: S910 upgrade not likely for a year...
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I think it's pretty obvious that Roland are OUT of the TOTL arranger market. They could VERY easily have produced upgrades to the E80 (an E80 in a G70 case would have been more of an upgrade than Yamaha's regular miserly Tyros 'upgrades'), and a more capable Prelude (even a 76 with the same features) would have been simple to make. No, I think the writing has been on the wall for all to see, plain and simple, easily read by all but the most self-deluded.

Roland are GONE. RIP. Send no flowers.

Oh, and perhaps you might like to change your advice to our members here, in light of your last post...? 'Sell your BACKUP T3, not the one you are using...'!

Of course, just how many of them have a backup T3? Anybody? Bueller..? Bueller.....? Bueller.........?

#292073 - 09/02/10 02:04 PM Re: S910 upgrade not likely for a year...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Can't see how anyone would think the Tyros4 would be "massively upgraded".

It's just another iteration of the Tyros.

If there would be an arranger with massive upgrades, it wouldn't be called a Tyros...it would be an entirely new model, with a new name.

On the other hand, Yamaha's way of upgrading each new Tyros model has proved very successful.

I'd be very surprised to see Korg come up with a massively upgraded PA*XPro...in fact, I'd be surprised if there will be another one at all.

Ian

#292074 - 09/02/10 02:07 PM Re: S910 upgrade not likely for a year...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I think it's pretty obvious that Roland are OUT of the TOTL arranger market. They could VERY easily have produced upgrades to the E80 (an E80 in a G70 case would have been more of an upgrade than Yamaha's regular miserly Tyros 'upgrades'), and a more capable Prelude (even a 76 with the same features) would have been simple to make. No, I think the writing has been on the wall for all to see, plain and simple, easily read by all but the most self-deluded.

Roland are GONE. RIP. Send no flowers.

Oh, and perhaps you might like to change your advice to our members here, in light of your last post...? 'Sell your BACKUP T3, [b]not
the one you are using...'!

Of course, just how many of them have a backup T3? Anybody? Bueller..? Bueller.....? Bueller.........?[/B]

Don't be surprised about 2 Tyros units ...you have two G70's
many have 5-10 arrangers like Bebop...
so what....? Who cares ...juyst worry about your self.......all this hub bub Arranger BS is rediculous...........it's your music it's your pocket do what ever everyone wants. Buy , play , sell, trade, buy 20 Kb's, give em away who cares anymore.
No matter what no one is happy except leezone
I'm so bored I'm gonna take out my Galante Accordion and play "Lady of Spain" complete with vigorous bellow shakes on the third verse while Hurricane Earl rolls by us how's that?

#292075 - 09/02/10 08:50 PM Re: S910 upgrade not likely for a year...
Beakybird Offline

If the T4 turns the T3's two weaknesses (drums and harmonizer) into strengths, then that would be a massive improvement.

I like the T3's drums, but they could be better. Korg and Ketron have more realistic sounding drums. I still like the T3's overall sounds more, I like their styles more, and I'm just hooked on Yamaha's operating system.

I expect improved drums and a better harmonizer in the T4 plus more new voices + additional styles. There will be a lot of small improvements as well. I'm sure that it will be better at loading and playing samples, for example.

Diki makes a great point however, that the latest arrangers sound realistic enough that any more realism isn't going to necessarily make us sound like better players.

On the other hand, great harmonies and in your face drums might be a good thing.

Beakybird

#292076 - 09/03/10 10:20 AM Re: S910 upgrade not likely for a year...
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
One small correction...

Someone mentioned that the S910 is equal to the TOTL Clavinova. Actually, the CVP509 has the SA2 voices, so it is more in line with the T3 than the S910.

Just so ya know.
Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#292077 - 09/03/10 11:08 AM Re: S910 upgrade not likely for a year...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
As far as I know, the accompaniment engine in the CVP-509 is from the S910...the sounds are from the Tyros3 with additional piano samples.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online