SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#292030 - 09/01/10 07:32 PM Re: Audya 4 arriving tomorrow at Audioworks
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Hmmm, I was going to pay Frank a visit and demo an Audya last weekend. He was honest with me and said if you don't want to lose sleep be prepared to buy an Audya, if you're not ready to buy, better not come to demo because you'll never think the same about another board and you may wind up spending money you may not want to. I believe him, so I never went to demo the board. Of course I've been known to show up at his store on Saturday's and more often than not leave with a new keyboard LOL................... so maybe Leezone will take the plunge, let's give him the benefit of the doubt Saturday is just a couple of days away.

Steve we want a full report & when you sell your Korg pax2 & S910 for an audya I might take note & shoot out to Frankies on a road trip with Fran

#292031 - 09/01/10 07:56 PM Re: Audya 4 arriving tomorrow at Audioworks
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I'm wondering if any of you who are planning to go to Frank's place to see the Audya want to meet there on a certain day so we can all go over it at once. Steve..what are YOUR plans? .....anyone else?

Lucky

#292032 - 09/02/10 02:41 AM Re: Audya 4 arriving tomorrow at Audioworks
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Steve we want a full report & when you sell your Korg pax2 & S910 for an audya I might take note & shoot out to Frankies on a road trip with Fran

Donny I sold the Pa2xPro back in March the $$ are in reserve for whatever........ I've got a few things going on right now and not sure I'm sure I'm willing to part with the s910, I'm really enjoying that board. But I like to hear what's available and Frank's got all the top arrangers and usually in stock, so there's no better place in the North East to hear them all......bonus it's only a 100 mile drive.

Donny yea plan a road trip up to Frank's we can all try to hook up.

Lucky possibly in next 2 to 3 weeks on a Saturday. Frank's open until 12 noon on Saturday. I think I have your e-mail address, if not you can shoot me an e-mail stephenm52 at yahoo dot com.

#292033 - 09/02/10 04:07 AM Re: Audya 4 arriving tomorrow at Audioworks
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
If we have a full house, and I know in advance, we can make a day of it.

So I can make arrangements so I can be there the whole day

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#292034 - 09/02/10 05:20 AM Re: Audya 4 arriving tomorrow at Audioworks
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Donny I sold the Pa2xPro back in March the $$ are in reserve for whatever........ I've got a few things going on right now and not sure I'm sure I'm willing to part with the s910, I'm really enjoying that board. But I like to hear what's available and Frank's got all the top arrangers and usually in stock, so there's no better place in the North East to hear them all......bonus it's only a 100 mile drive.

Donny yea plan a road trip up to Frank's we can all try to hook up.

Lucky possibly in next 2 to 3 weeks on a Saturday. Frank's open until 12 noon on Saturday. I think I have your e-mail address, if not you can shoot me an e-mail stephenm52 at yahoo dot com.

Steve, probably in January when our busy gig schedules die down a bit....
impossible now. Might fly out of AC to Boston if ya pick me up also!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-02-2010).]

#292035 - 09/02/10 01:11 PM Re: Audya 4 arriving tomorrow at Audioworks
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The problem, as I see it, is that Lee has had a laundry list of what was wrong with the Audya that HASN'T changed... no USB3, no GB's of RAM, yada yada yada. It managed to prevent him buying an Audya 76, and will probably prevent him from buying the module. Despite none of it being any particular impediment to making great music...

Lee has always looked harder for an excuse to NOT buy the Audya that he has to find a reason to get one. And if you are determined enough, you will ALWAYS fined something that is missing from anything you look at. Now he's looking at modules, without, it seems, being intimately familiar with what the gear he is going to hook up to its' capabilities (posted a very basic question about an Akai controller that didn't seem to show much knowledge of it's capabilities, anyway)...

Somehow, I doubt Frankie will EVER be able to exhaustively answer every single question Lee is going to ask (he's asked some pretty absurd ones here), and so far, Lee has taken an unanswered question as proof positive he shouldn't get one, yet...

Anyway, it's SO much easier to flame another product when one doesn't have the product one touts as superior, which might require a little PROOF of his position is owed...

#292036 - 09/02/10 09:11 PM Re: Audya 4 arriving tomorrow at Audioworks
leezone Offline

Diki,

unfortunately we can't all be smart like you

i don't look for excuses for not buying

i state facts,
fact is the AUDYAS RAM and HD are pathetically small
fact is the AUDYA has a KILLER sounds/styles, best in its class IMO,
ok TYROS has superb SA's

you guys can talk all you want, Lee is full of it, BS, degrades Yamaha, hates TYROS, etc. will never buy it, etc.

fact is , i will soon try AUDYA4/5
if i like it, i will buy it, EVEN if it only has an 80gb HD

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online