SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#291734 - 08/30/10 02:53 PM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
We can't afford what WE want..!

I've seen some people's shopping list, multi-track recording, VST instrument support, 76's, you name it. If we assume that a simple, VERY minor upgrade is what is really likely, and let's assume the price doesn't drop radically (fat chance!) then basically something almost EXACTLY the same as a T3 will cost, let's say roughly $3500, now start figuring out what all those EXTRAS would do to the price...

And you thought the Audya's were expensive!

#291735 - 08/30/10 11:04 PM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'm still not convinced that the T2-T3 change was anything more than a minor incremental upgrade. What did you get? A minor tweak to the NTT for guitar parts, a tiny handful of new SA sounds, a handful of other sounds and some sliders.

I just can't see anyone who might actually have to pay retail wanting to change a T3 into a T4, especially if Yamaha dealers drop NEW T3 prices to $2500 (that's going to depress used value of your T3!) and the price of the T4 remain where T3 was prior to the drop (if not go up - it will be interesting to see whether Yamaha, who have kept the MoXF at exactly the same price as the MoXS, decide to rape their arranger users by hiking the price despite the recession).

Every time we have a new Tyros come out, we get all excited at perhaps the possibility that capabilities and features from the Motif line will make it into the arranger line. But it never happens. So, I wouldn't be holding my breath for multitrack recording, or synth arpeggiators, or decent, punchy drums, or vast increases in effects architecture, or Flash RAM for samples, or DAW control from the arranger's panel controls, a 76 weighted, or anything earth shattering like that.

You'll get a few more sounds, a few more styles, maybe finally a better Songbook, some minor OS tweaks, and that's about IT...

Just like you did last time!

If that's worth trading in your T3 and taking a, what? $10000 - $1500 loss, best of luck. I didn't see a mass migration from T2 to T3, and, knowing Yamaha tend to keep doing what they do until they HAVE to change, I doubt I'll see a mass migration from T3 to T4. Possibly a T2 - T4 or T1 - T4 migration might make sense, but unless you work for a music store, I'm not sure going T3 - T4 is a good move.

I'd LOVE to be proved wrong, though! Just imagine if the T4 actually DID have all we wanted....

No, it doesn't seem fair to raise your hopes up like this

Have no fear of raising my "hopes"
BTW.....I see you have not changed much.....still an asshat...

OK here you go math man....I pay 10% UNDER dealer cost for all Yamaha products working part time at a dealership. Thats how I bought my XS8, MSP7s, Tyros 3 and some other gear from different manufacturers who play nice with those who sell their stuff. Only rub us I cannot sell for one year.

IN that regard I did not pay close to the at the time MAP for the T3. Then Yamaha raised the prices after I bought mine giving me a very nice cushion. Even if a Dealer would sell a new T3 for $2500 (which I highly doubt) and I sold mine for $1900 I still would not have taken a huge beating and if the T-4 drops MAP to $4000 from $4500. I will sell mine for $1800 if I want the T-4 But Yamaha RAISED prices in the depths of the recession on both the Motif and Tyros. So I don;t think they will lower the price they already raised to $4500

I likely could get what I paid for mine or at most $200 less in a heartbeat. Judging from what I am seeing used ones go for on Ebay...(which is ..uh NONE!! LOL The least expensive new T3 is $3200. I am pretty sure I could get $2000 for mine easily right here on this board if I put it up for sale or even less if the T-4 is reduced and is at least as good an upgrade as the T2-T3.

IMO The Sliders alone and SA voices would have been worth the T2-T3 upgrade. I never saw a T2 so I don't know much about it but if it did not have those sliders......They are the best physical feature of the T3 next to the tilt screen. Both of which My short lived Korg Pax1 had. (albeit the motor being gimmicky)

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 08-30-2010).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#291736 - 08/30/10 11:14 PM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:
Hi Frogman:

I'm curious to know if you have heard of a replacement for the S910... or if the T4 may impact the price of it as well? Welcome back.

Dave Rice

I really don't see an upgrade for the S910 for another year. The 910 only came out last year. Unless it was an "incremental" upgrade. I don't know if Yamaha does those.

I really don't see the Tyros 4 coming out very soon. There is nothing out there except rumors. But who knows. We are going to have Peter Baartmans here in a couple weeks. Maybe he will offer some info.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#291737 - 08/30/10 11:22 PM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Diki did say "unless you work for a music store". I don't always agree with him, but I don't see any reason to start calling him or anyone else names. I've never heard the term asshat before, but I'm betting it's not nice.
And I'm also betting he doesn't take the bait. No, I'd probably lose that bet.
DonM

#291738 - 08/30/10 11:36 PM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Diki did say "unless you work for a music store". I don't always agree with him, but I don't see any reason to start calling him or anyone else names. I've never heard the term asshat before, but I'm betting it's not nice.
And I'm also betting he doesn't take the bait. No, I'd probably lose that bet.
DonM

And he KNOWS I do and still took his usual shot....which is why I don't frequent this playpen much. Will people buy the Tyros 4 that own the Tyros 3?

YOu bet they will just like those who had a Tyros 2 bought the Tyros 3. Yamaha will sell them and those who can afford $4000 for a keyboard every few years will buy one. People with an XS8 will look to buy the XF8.

To indicate otherwise is naive and out of touch.........yeah thats redundant. I know.

I will leave now......enjoy the octagon.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#291739 - 08/31/10 12:20 AM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Oh I agree with you that a lot of people will do the "upgrade". But I'll bet there's not that many on SZ who will. I'd like to think we are smarter than that. Aren't we?
Maybe Yamaha will fool us this time and have something significant, like a decent vocal harmonizer or drums that sound like drums!
DonM

#291740 - 08/31/10 05:09 AM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Whatever , i will buy it.

Impuls

#291741 - 08/31/10 07:15 AM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Impuls:

Impuls

Impuls, I understand your way of thinking...I am pretty much the same...buy with out justifying the purchase (to an extent)..but many if not most folks need/want to have a reasonable expectation of improvements to upgrade within the top of the line products..

The track record of the Tyros series seems to be small steps in the improvement area...improvements that other companies provide as updates via software..

#291742 - 08/31/10 07:20 AM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Impuls:

Impuls

#291743 - 08/31/10 10:39 AM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Arno,
Me buy 2!

Fortunately in the Netherlands we do not have to invest 4000 euros (as stated often here), since we treat our equipment well and the 'plastic toys' still bring in an acceptable amount of money as we sell them ... ha!

CU soon

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online