SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#291532 - 08/23/10 07:02 AM OT -- Another recent new song -- TO BE THIRTEEN AGAIN
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I recently posted a link to a recent song I wrote and recorded on acoustic guitar, First Love -- http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/021490.html. Thanks for the comments, it helps.

I wrote another song about my absolute very first (puppy) love. It would be helpful, if anyone cares to take the time... how does this one strike you? Again, sorry, not an arranger, these are guitar/vocal. And... these are simple, rough demo's, nothing fancy, recorded live.

TO BE THIRTEEN AGAIN http://www.ttmbandroom.com/index.php?t=audio_player&song_id=903

#291533 - 08/23/10 09:36 AM Re: OT -- Another recent new song -- TO BE THIRTEEN AGAIN
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
Takes you right back to those tender years ,reminds me of the first time the car windows got all steamed up, Not my kind of music but I know you wanted a little feedback, You are a good picker and you have a really nice voice, clear and understandable. Your recording skills are also on a profestional level. All around good job!
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#291535 - 08/29/10 07:07 AM Re: OT -- Another recent new song -- TO BE THIRTEEN AGAIN
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Bill: Loved the song. Your vocal honesty really sells the package with that simple guitar backing. Back in the day (lol) this would have been a chart topper... and still can be. Good luck with it. Enjoyed alot.

Dave Rice

#291536 - 08/29/10 08:01 AM Re: OT -- Another recent new song -- TO BE THIRTEEN AGAIN
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JIM.....

LOVE your voice! Sweet song and guitar as well..... Common down to S.E. NM....would love to hear you sing and pick for me!

------------------

#291537 - 08/29/10 09:39 AM Re: OT -- Another recent new song -- TO BE THIRTEEN AGAIN
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Great song and sung with a fantastic voice!

#291538 - 08/29/10 12:07 PM Re: OT -- Another recent new song -- TO BE THIRTEEN AGAIN
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Great song and performance Bill. Thanks for sharing that with us.

#291539 - 08/29/10 12:56 PM Re: OT -- Another recent new song -- TO BE THIRTEEN AGAIN
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
that is a fine piece of work. The combination of your fine vocal and the finger picking are just captivating. You have a great natural timber in your voice. I liked it a lot,
thanks for sharing,
Bebop

#291540 - 08/30/10 05:19 PM Re: OT -- Another recent new song -- TO BE THIRTEEN AGAIN
SemiLiveMusic Offline

This was my very first girlfriend. At age 13. I bought her a necklace and her mother made her give it back! Said we were too young. She was probably right because I was hot on her trail.

I am pleased that some people like this song. I have now written three songs in just a few weeks about the first three "important" females in my life. I'm making brownie points, haha.

I bought a book on a recent flight and read most of it during my flights. It's about the top 100 Beatles songs as rated by Rolling Stone. It is seriously cool to read how the Beatles songs were inspired. It's all over the map but early Beatles had a lot to do with the boy-girl thing, real world stuff. I find it fascinating.

I am never looking for pats on the back just to get that, I am looking for honest feedback, as it is SO hard to critique yourself. I write a lot of folkie guitar/vocal stuff, so, it's nice when some people do like it. It's basically for baby boomers, I suppose but I am glad some people appreciate it.

This is not standard tuning and the song was born from a guitar riff and I like the way the guitar sounds. And of course, the story.

Appreciate your time.

#291541 - 08/30/10 05:23 PM Re: OT -- Another recent new song -- TO BE THIRTEEN AGAIN
Dnj Offline

Nice job Bill as usual....
good luck with this song!

#291542 - 08/30/10 05:33 PM Re: OT -- Another recent new song -- TO BE THIRTEEN AGAIN
SemiLiveMusic Offline

And by the way... I am curious if anyone found the guitar string noise disconcerting? These rough demo's I am doing... I don't have much recording expertise... and most of these are done live. So, this means, I have to jack up the signal good enough to hear the guitar and the vocal. On this one, the fretting noise is kind of weird to me. This is a baritone guitar, 8-string... and I think I have special strings on it (not baritone but between baritone and standard), tuned down lower than they should be. Which means the strings are lower tension that normal. I think the fret noise is disconcerting. I didn't know it was happening until playback.

Just curious. (It bugs me.)

P.S. Point being... I have never heard this noise at standard tension and am wondering if I should alter my playing technique.

EDIT: When I say "live," I mean ONE TRACK LIVE. Which means I can't edit guitar without affecting the vocal.

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 08-30-2010).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online