SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#291010 - 10/13/10 01:27 PM Re: KORG! were are you?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Listen to what they are saying...

They want NEW STYLES..!

There isn't WORD ONE on this thread about capability, features, form factor, any of that sh*t!

And that is what unprotected style formats has done to us... We are anxiously awaiting paying thousands of dollars, to get some better styles

If only styles had copy protection that WORKED (key it off the hardware of the individual arranger, or have an area of the RAM not able to be addressed by a computer) then all the people that now ONLY make great styles for an arranger's ROM, and get payed well by the corporation that makes the arranger, would be able to make them for US, as often and as many as we want.

I'd rather pay three thousand dollars for three thousand GOOD, ROM-quality styles for my existing arranger, than three thousand dollars for a new arranger and get 20-30 NEW styles.

How about you..?!

+1

#291011 - 10/13/10 01:47 PM Re: KORG! were are you?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Listen to what they are saying...

They want NEW STYLES..!

There isn't WORD ONE on this thread about capability, features, form factor, any of that sh*t!

And that is what unprotected style formats has done to us... We are anxiously awaiting paying thousands of dollars, to get some better styles

If only styles had copy protection that WORKED (key it off the hardware of the individual arranger, or have an area of the RAM not able to be addressed by a computer) then all the people that now ONLY make great styles for an arranger's ROM, and get payed well by the corporation that makes the arranger, would be able to make them for US, as often and as many as we want.

I'd rather pay three thousand dollars for three thousand GOOD, ROM-quality styles for my existing arranger, than three thousand dollars for a new arranger and get 20-30 NEW styles.

How about you..?!

stop dreaming that protected stuff is over!!

there are more then enough styles out there for any genre of music and plus you can create your own styles also a feature not many indulge in at all....buy, play, enjoy, sell, trade, RELOAD.....Start over...

#291012 - 10/13/10 02:11 PM Re: KORG! were are you?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
buy, play, play, play, play, play....

By the way, is it simply me, or I detect a genuine note of GLEE when you try to tell me to give up on something that so many of us could actually do with?

Because I am kind of wondering why you would feel that way..? Or offer that advice..?

I don't hear you giving up on a new TOTL Roland... Sure, I tell you it's over, but there's absolutely no SATISFACTION in it... I'd love to see a new Roland as much as you. But this post, or your stance on the 76 Yamaha's, well, what stake do you have in it whatsoever? You probably said the same before the iTunes Store came out about protected music files, too. Got any of those?

Mind you, if protected styles ever made a comeback, and people (those that currently make the ROM styles) started making REALLY good ROM-quality styles, not the mostly excruciating user styles I hear being posted for free, I dare say you'd be first in line for them...

Be careful what you try to shoot down for the fun of it. You might want to be on that plane if you bothered to think about it!

#291013 - 10/13/10 04:02 PM Re: KORG! were are you?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Spalding...
I am at or near the 90% category on the PA2XPRO.

Like Diki says I want content...AND

I want the file system improved (merging sets)

4 fills would be nice...

larger screen would be nice...

VH with pitch correction would be nice...

new/better samples would be nice...

a few various update/fixes would be nice...

KARMA would be nice...

Loading samples from flash would be nice...

more DSP would be nice (8 indstead of 4?)...

ability to pull parts of MIDI files to style parts would be nice...(it can do MIDI to style now...but not song MIDI's)

61 keys would be nice...JUST KIDDING!

more slots for user performances and styles would be nice....

Yamaha styles would be nice...
(not instead of...in addition to)

Lee S.

#291014 - 10/13/10 04:19 PM Re: KORG! were are you?
to the genesys Offline

In order to create new good sounding styles you need the technology and OS features to go a long with them.

Look at Yamaha, in order to have better styles, they needed to have SA voices in styles, reworked sounds and changes to the effects (namely T4). You need a new keyboard to have better styles.

Same thing with Ketron. For them to have Audio styles, they needed to make a new keyboard (namely the Audya).
And now Korg with their new arranger that will have …….........

------------------
TTG

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online