SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#290515 - 07/30/10 07:57 PM Re: AUDYA 5 has Arrived...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
It wont be over 4000$ in the USA and i know that for a fact.

$3999.99

#290516 - 07/30/10 10:53 PM Re: AUDYA 5 has Arrived...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Audya 5: 3,749.00 EUR = 4,883.11 USD

So much for the assumption that an Audya 5 was going to be cheaper than a Tyros3 huh?

My original estimate from information I gathered on the internet led me to conclude the Audya 5 was going to be roughly $600.00 cheaper than a Tyros3. Not so, at least not in Portugal anyway. Frank's price was listed in Euros too apparently. Oh well, leave it to Ketron to charge an arm an leg for a keyboard that is in a perpetual "beta" phase right? Well, the Audya anyway. Hopefully Ketron will fare better with its Audya 4 and 5 products. I guess we'll have to wait until one of our rich Synthzone members e.g. Fran or DonM (or an oil barron from Saudi Arabia) gets one or the other and then posts something afterward telling us of the horrors they've experienced with their new Ketron product(s)... similar to what they have already experienced with the 76 key Audya eh? God forbid, but stranger things have happened don't you know. Like people forking over upwards of 5 Grand in the first place for a roughly thousand dollar piece of equipment. Now that's STRANGE!

All the best,
Mike

Mike, you sure have a knack for bending the truth, or at least misinterpretation.
As I mentioned in another post, I am just a hard-working, full-time musician, but insist on having the best tools for my trade. A $4500. keyboard is not extravagant in this respect. I generally haul it in a 1997 Chevy Silverado these days. It's a matter of priorities.
Also, I have had no problems whatsoever with any Ketron product I've owned, including the Audya, other than being damaged in shipment.
If you must mention my name in the context of being rich, please send money to make it true.
DonM

#290517 - 08/01/10 11:33 AM Re: AUDYA 5 has Arrived...
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Ketron certainly are not very competitive price-wise

#290518 - 08/01/10 12:19 PM Re: AUDYA 5 has Arrived...
Tonewheeldude Offline

they tyros 3 was a little more expensive than the Audya 76 last year. so I would say their prices are in line with the other manufacturers.

#290519 - 08/01/10 12:27 PM Re: AUDYA 5 has Arrived...
Dnj Offline

For a working pro no big deal...it's just an investment and a few gigs pays it off what ever it costs...you'll make a 1000x plus for that measly investment thru the years of gigs ...if you like it buy it......if you dont ebay gone!

#290520 - 08/01/10 11:52 PM Re: AUDYA 5 has Arrived...
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i dont agree. If you never bought another keyboard again you would save that initial investment every year and stil make the same money that you do now . Your reasoning that your gigs pays back the investment is false. You would have to make back the initial investment over and above the usual money you would make each year from your gigs. I do not believe for a minute that you make back £3000 plus in profit each year over and above your normal annual profit just because you bought a new keyboard and your customers liked the sound so much they decided (without you increasing your prices or giving you more gigs) to simply pay you more. This is just a false argument to justify buying a new keyboard every year. And you dont have to justify your purchases. If you want it and can afford it then go for it.

#290521 - 08/02/10 04:11 AM Re: AUDYA 5 has Arrived...
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
i guess it's enough if you make extra just the difference between the price of the new keyboard and the money you can sell the old one for. that is making it worthy.

but you're right. that is why i still have and keep the old faithfull Pa50. I believe it is still doing well, sounds good and up-to-date enough so I will skip the actual generation of Pa. Probably I will get the next one though.

#290522 - 08/02/10 07:45 AM Re: AUDYA 5 has Arrived...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
i dont agree. If you never bought another keyboard again you would save that initial investment every year and stil make the same money that you do now . Your reasoning that your gigs pays back the investment is false. You would have to make back the initial investment over and above the usual money you would make each year from your gigs. I do not believe for a minute that you make back £3000 plus in profit each year over and above your normal annual profit just because you bought a new keyboard and your customers liked the sound so much they decided (without you increasing your prices or giving you more gigs) to simply pay you more. This is just a false argument to justify buying a new keyboard every year. And you dont have to justify your purchases. If you want it and can afford it then go for it.

well Im guessing your NOT a fulltime working pro?...I stand by my staement.

#290523 - 08/02/10 10:37 AM Re: AUDYA 5 has Arrived...
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
Well I have dicided to invest my money wisely and not give it for some over priced keyboard, so I am going to buy 5000 lotto tickets, yeh, I'm tired of just throwing my hard earned money away.

------------------
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#290524 - 08/02/10 11:13 AM Re: AUDYA 5 has Arrived...
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
no i am not a full time working pro. But i know that people dont pay you for the instrument you use. If you think they do then thats your belief but just because you believe it, doesnt make it so. And please dont pull rank like being a full time musician adds any weight to your point. Tell me your an acountant, tell me your a finance director or some other profession that knows something about handling money. I know more pro broke musicians who can play circles around me but cant get a mortgage because they dont know what their trading profit is than you can shake a stick at. Funnily enough much of their money is wasted collecting the next 'must have gear' . They couldnt afford to contribute into a pension, they couldnt afford life cover to protect their families but they were happy to 'invest' in another piece of gear that would pay for itself etc etc. They didnt get what the word investment means.Like i said you dont have to justify your purchases. Its your money and i will never try to tell you how to spend it.

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 08-02-2010).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online