SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#290428 - 07/23/10 08:49 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
By reading some of these posts nothing changes some feel they are batter then others in the way they do things and of course the "EGO" trip sign is always lit & in FULL GEAR.....sorry I started this thread in the first place..

????????????????

t.

#290429 - 07/23/10 10:25 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I can only speak for myself, of course but the SZ has become pretty boring. It reminds me of a cocktail party where I'm familiar with most of the guests but the conversation took a turn a few hours ago that didn't include me. I keep waiting for it to come back to a subject I care about.

I don't care about Audya, Ketrons, Wersi's, etc. I don't use MIDI files like many do here so those threads don't catch my eye, either. I'm not personally friendly with anyone on here to speak of as Cass, Gary, Mikey, Esh, etc. have all greatly reduced or completely stopped their participation.

There have been some very interesting threads over in The Bar that I've enjoyed but those have seemingly stalled for now...

I agree with you Bill, it will all coming flooding back I have no doubts. T4, Ketron Audya 5, 6 ,7 and so on, life goes on!

Cheers
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#290430 - 07/24/10 02:30 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
In the old days, I played sax 5 or 6 nights a week sometimes. I also hustled nine ball. I made money with nine ball. I bought groceries and paid the rent sometimes. When I didn't get to the pool hall (every day), I’d shake like a drug addict. This was for maybe14 years or so. I eventually quit that life. It even got boring. Moreover, today especially, people get tired and bored with most everything rather easily.

That doesn't mean we need all of the negative talk here. Let's just enjoy what we have for the time we have. Let’s take it one day at a time. About the only thing I don't, get tired of is good movies that to me are far and few in-between presently.

I’ve only been doing a one-man band since maybe 2002 or less because I was busy here and on the net learning tunes and chords for tunes for at least 2 years before I got up enough nerve to play for people.

Now I mostly read the post that interests me. Again, the person’s I miss most are Uncle Dave, DonM and last but not least Traveling Easy, Gary. These folks and Donny helped me the most.

We’re all a bit obnoxious at times. We’re all rough around the edges at times. Occasionally we’re gentlemen. Just once in a while.

Let's all settle down and enjoy each other's company, eh?

#290431 - 07/24/10 03:11 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I thought Facebook would be good if SZers would post their pictures. I know Nigel kindly put up the streaming shots, but here you could find who you wanted quickly.

#290432 - 07/24/10 03:43 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
SZ facebook has been up for months and we have 26 members...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=44512178350

#290433 - 07/24/10 05:24 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
I think as we get older it becomes hard to keep bands together as we did in our younger and middle years. I've put so many groups together over the years that they would be hard to count. I still have a band now but at 62 It sure is hard hauling and setting up, tearing down, loading up and taking it all back home and putting most of back together so I can play at home. thats where arrangers come into the picture for most of us and as the younger age they go through the same thing as we do, therefore the forum will go on . Before I got on board I would read almost every post every night and I enjoyed it, Lots of info and a lot of laughs too. So keep it going , more people than you think are following the posts. We are ageing but we still rock with the best of em and I know you all do too. Keep jamming! The best music come's with experience and us old dudes have it.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#290434 - 07/24/10 05:35 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
In the old days, I played sax 5 or 6 nights a week sometimes. I also hustled nine ball. I made money with nine ball. I bought groceries and paid the rent sometimes. When I didn't get to the pool hall (every day), I’d shake like a drug addict. This was for maybe14 years or so. I eventually quit that life. It even got boring. Moreover, today especially, people get tired and bored with most everything rather easily.

That doesn't mean we need all of the negative talk here. Let's just enjoy what we have for the time we have. Let’s take it one day at a time. About the only thing I don't, get tired of is good movies that to me are far and few in-between presently.

I’ve only been doing a one-man band since maybe 2002 or less because I was busy here and on the net learning tunes and chords for tunes for at least 2 years before I got up enough nerve to play for people.

Now I mostly read the post that interests me. Again, the person’s I miss most are Uncle Dave, DonM and last but not least Traveling Easy, Gary. These folks and Donny helped me the most.

We’re all a bit obnoxious at times. We’re all rough around the edges at times. Occasionally we’re gentlemen. Just once in a while.

Let's all settle down and enjoy each other's company, eh?

Boo good to hear your doing ok and having fun making music!!

#290435 - 07/24/10 06:51 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo sure has a purty wife too.
DonM

#290436 - 07/25/10 03:47 AM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The use of arranger keyboards has been decreasing in number here in this country. Can only find the high-end models in a few selected stores.

Since we rarely talk about the love of music just the instrument we are left with little more to say. It is good to note that this forum is not the only forum that is becoming quiet.

My suggestions:
1-Who has the best keyboard is getting old let 80% of it go.
2-Get back to sharing of how we use our keyboards so others might benefit.
3-Alhtough we have been there let’s bring back chord substitutions, how we improvise on the melody, anything relating to music because none of us know it all.
4-We need pinions on why the keyboard continues to fluorides over sees, even by young musicians.

We can knock this forum but it has been one of the best for a long while. As soon as a new model keyboard comes out the forum will become alive for a period. Let’s make this forum more than the latest keyboard and remove the mine is the only best one.

I’m trying, John C.

PS, DomM normally posts in a nice friendly manner, maybe he has taught us something.

#290437 - 07/26/10 08:19 AM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Dnj Offline

Wow I used to wake up and get excited about reading the SZ GA posts ......this morning I woke up .....clicked on the forum and Nothing has changed since 3:47 AM yesterday morning yesterday ...not one single post?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online