SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#290418 - 07/23/10 03:35 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
duplicate
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 07-23-2010).]

#290419 - 07/23/10 03:36 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Cass started one but it never got off the ground. Maybe a dozen of us signed up and only a couple of us ever posted there.
this does suprise me becauae at face book you can chat or swap songs or just post.
Bebop

#290420 - 07/23/10 04:41 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
I think that is a good idea. Why don't you start one ?

Why do you think that would be a good idea? Do that and you brand and build Facebook, not SZ.

#290421 - 07/23/10 06:33 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I can only speak for myself, of course but the SZ has become pretty boring. It reminds me of a cocktail party where I'm familiar with most of the guests but the conversation took a turn a few hours ago that didn't include me. I keep waiting for it to come back to a subject I care about.

I don't care about Audya, Ketrons, Wersi's, etc. I don't use MIDI files like many do here so those threads don't catch my eye, either. I'm not personally friendly with anyone on here to speak of as Cass, Gary, Mikey, Esh, etc. have all greatly reduced or completely stopped their participation.

There have been some very interesting threads over in The Bar that I've enjoyed but those have seemingly stalled for now...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#290422 - 07/23/10 06:40 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
I too miss the discussions of the past. I read the posts almost everyday but very few of them catch my attention. As far as playing I'm doing very well and I'm loving what I'm doing. Life doesn't get much better than that.

Joe

#290423 - 07/23/10 07:36 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Dnj Offline

By reading some of these posts nothing changes some feel they are batter then others in the way they do things and of course the "EGO" trip sign is always lit & in FULL GEAR.....sorry I started this thread in the first place..

#290424 - 07/23/10 07:44 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I have said in the past that the days of a forum such as this are numbered. Due to the age of those who use arrangers. (Me included.) Plus... the unbelievable b.s. that one has to put up on this forum. I don't know what gets into people but wow, it is some b.s. that goes on here. And, apparently, it won't change. Because it's been a bitch for years now.

My point that I made above was meant to say that forming a Facebook SZ group does SZ zero good. It only does Facebook good. I was a member of FB for years but in the past year, I have grown to loathe it. I haven't participated there in a long time. I feel that I need to revisit it for social reasons, soon, as everybody and his brother is there. But I don't care for it.

In three years, something else will be King Of The Hill.

#290425 - 07/23/10 08:06 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
By reading some of these posts nothing changes some feel they are batter then others in the way they do things and of course the "EGO" trip sign is always lit & in FULL GEAR.....sorry I started this thread in the first place..

How the hell did you get that out of anyone's post?

I also don't miss the drama...I have three teen age girls and a wife, that's all the drama I need...

Are you suggesting that because someone doesn't change his gear or how they do things it makes them an egomaniac? That guys who change equipment like I change socks aren't?

I like one brand of arrangers, Yamaha. You don't see me on here crusading for them because I don't care what you use. If you like what you use, great. If you don't, well...figure out why and consider changing. No big deal...

To categorize people who don't change as egomaniacs is ridiculous...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 07-23-2010).]

#290426 - 07/23/10 08:09 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Bill in Dayton Offline

double post

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 07-23-2010).]

#290427 - 07/23/10 08:26 PM Re: WOW!!! Where is Everyone here on SZ anymore?
Dnj Offline

Great post Semilive........

I've made many REAl Good friends here on SZ that I communicate frequently in private which is probablty the best way to stay in touch.....but as Bill states "sadly the days of a forum such as this are numbered".

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online