THANKS to Sokratis,
http://www.divshare.com/download/11873193-d24

25 minute demo,
just messing with new sounds,

i think it sounds GREAT...
and may be worth the wait :-)

#289816 - 07/02/10 07:10 AM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Dnj Offline

YAMAHA S910 sounds just as good at 1/3 the price.....imo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwS3AGTxSzs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt7-bOdTUpE&feature=related

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-02-2010).]

#289817 - 07/02/10 07:35 AM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwS3AGTxSzs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt7-bOdTUpE&feature=related

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-02-2010).]

Now ..if they could Super Articulate the DRUMS!!!...

#289818 - 07/02/10 07:36 AM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hmmm.... sounds good but no better than many keyboards that cost a lot less.

Quote:
and may be worth the wait :-)

Risky business though considering it's still an incomplete product after all this time and plagued with hardware faults and software bugs.

My 2 cents.... Hang onto your money until the end of this year.

Regards
James.

#289819 - 07/02/10 07:52 AM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hmmm.... sounds good but no better than many keyboards that cost a lot less.

Risky business though considering it's still an incomplete product after all this time and plagued with hardware faults and software bugs.

My 2 cents.... Hang onto your money until the end of this year.

Regards
James.

James,

I think there are more Audya problems lurking with uogrades 4.0 to 4.1a you will see, anymore MS goodies from you James. I can't imagine what will happen when we start loading on these new samples and styles if and when, I think a KB or two will go into shelf-destruct.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#289820 - 07/02/10 09:00 AM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Irishacts Offline

Hi Tony.

Quote:
James,
I think there are more Audya problems lurking with uogrades 4.0 to 4.1a you will see,

No doubt about it. All things considered I half wonder are they paying monkeys to code for them. It takes too freaking long for them to get things done and whey they are done, it's always a half assed job.
Quote:
anymore MS goodies from you James

I will be releasing a commercial sample library soon which will contain many sounds from OASYS Assault and much more. Upwards of 8GB of data.

Free stuff... I've just released the final version of LSCP Gen so that's a real biggie to throw out there. So far I've had no reports back on bugs and I can't find any myself, so maybe if people have suggestions for additional features now ?

I'm totally open to any ideas. Be it to extend LSCP Gen or develop a new program.

Wouldn't mind actually finishing the Sheet Music viewer I was writing and to integrate that with the Liontracs Interface.

Quote:
I can't imagine what will happen when we start loading on these new samples and styles if and when, I think a KB or two will go into shelf-destruct.

My 2 cents....sell it. Even if it means taking a big hit. Move on and put it all behind you. Ketron are never going to get this keyboard right because an OS update won't fix the hardware design flaws.

Regards
James

#289821 - 07/02/10 10:49 AM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Hi Tony.

My 2 cents....sell it. Even if it means taking a big hit. Move on and put it all behind you. Ketron are never going to get this keyboard right because an OS update won't fix the hardware design flaws.

Regards
James

Sure you are right James about the Audya and Ketron, I have a brand new Roland Fantom XR just plugged it in last night, it's got some good sounds, what do you think of it.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#289822 - 07/02/10 11:37 AM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Irishacts Offline

Fantastic Rack unit.
The best piano I ever heard in my life comes from one of the Expansion boards for that Rack Unit.

Check out the patch called 04 Concert Hall from the SRX-02 expansion. Listen on headphones.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=385

The reverb used and this sound are to die for.

Regards
James

#289823 - 07/02/10 12:46 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Fantastic Rack unit.
The best piano I ever heard in my life comes from one of the Expansion boards for that Rack Unit.

Check out the patch called 04 Concert Hall from the SRX-02 expansion. Listen on headphones.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=385

The reverb used and this sound are to die for.

Regards
James

Excellent! "ON MIC PREMIER" is nice also...

#289824 - 07/02/10 12:51 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Hi Tony.

Regards
James

I have to agree with you James....good advice! ya gotta think of the future...even though I don't have a MS as of yet ..
I appreciate all your efforts and work being done to improve and develope new programs for the keyboard. BRAVO!!

#289825 - 07/02/10 01:03 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
I can't imagine what will happen when we start loading on these new samples and styles if and when, I think a KB or two will go into shelf-destruct.

"WE" .... When did you take delivery Tony?

#289826 - 07/02/10 01:06 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
miden Offline

I mean Tony, you have not even signed on to the new forum yet??

And you talk like you have one already

Dennis

#289827 - 07/02/10 01:36 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
I mean Tony, you have not even signed on to the new forum yet??

Dennis

Dennis,

When I get one it's got to come in the back door so my Doris doesn't see it and it's got to be black not red, if she sees red kb she will see red and I'm dead, there will be 3 kbs in my office then, the other two have got the go. Wonder if Leezone wants one of them, dream on Tony.

I will join you on your new site it's good to have a fresh start, I think the Audya is doomed, it's a bigger joke as each day passes and it's a big pee take from Ketron, I don't know who the hell they think they are, but it's the buyers that are stupid, we have been conned. Anyone who buys one now with all that is going on needs the head seeing to. You and James are doing a good job with MS and it can only be for a better product.

#289828 - 07/02/10 01:37 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
[b]I mean Tony, you have not even signed on to the new forum yet??

Dennis

Dennis,
I will join you on your new site it's good to have a fresh start, I think the Audya is doomed, it's a bigger joke as each day passes and it's a big pee take from Ketron, I don't know who the hell they think they are, but it's the buyers that are stupid, we have been conned. Anyone who buys one now with all that is going on needs the head seeing to. You and James are doing a good job with MS and it can only be for a better product.[/B]

Well said Tony!

#289829 - 07/02/10 02:06 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The Audya is certainly NOT a joke. I've used it almost every night for a year and a half, and get nothing but WOWs from the audience.
It may be a joke to you if you can't or won't spend the money to get one.
I've heard about maybe 3 or 4 people who have had problems with them. I don't know how many have been sold, but I know the U.S. distributor was sold out of them on a couple of occasions, and the U.S. is a very small market for them, or any arranger.
I'm saying you are hearing from a few people with problems, just as the other companies have a few problems. I hope they do address these problems so they can enjoy their Audyas as much as I do.
By FAR, besides Tony, most of the knocking is coming from people who do not own one and have not played one in person.
We all know Ketron is an eccentric company, to say the least. Those of us who own an Audya know the sound is what we want to hear.
I can walk into a music store and if someone is playing a Yamaha arranger, you can instantly identify it across the room by the horrible drums. Now THAT'S a joke. After some 20 years they still sound the same, bad.
DonM

#289830 - 07/02/10 02:10 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
miden Offline

Quote:

When I get one it's got to come in the back door so my Doris doesn't see it and it's got to be black not red, if she sees red kb she will see red and I'm dead, there will be 3 kbs in my office then, the other two have got the go. Wonder if Leezone wants one of them, dream on Tony.

I will join you on your new site it's good to have a fresh start, I think the Audya is doomed, it's a bigger joke as each day passes and it's a big pee take from Ketron, I don't know who the hell they think they are, but it's the buyers that are stupid, we have been conned. Anyone who buys one now with all that is going on needs the head seeing to. You and James are doing a good job with MS and it can only be for a better product.

Good Man!!! Look forward to seeing you there Hopefully then not too long before you are in the club..

Oh and Tony, over at the Lionstracs forum, PLEASE, nothing about Ketron or Audya

Dennis

#289831 - 07/02/10 02:43 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
leezone Offline

Quote:

until you play the drums maybe...

#289832 - 07/02/10 03:04 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
leezone you cant be serious. Your going to single out one instrument , the drums even though the yamaha outclasses sound wise the Audya in virtually every other category for a third of the price ?????

And you cant get a completey fully functional Audy yet after 4 years ?

Come on let put things back in to proportion here !

#289833 - 07/02/10 03:06 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I still say my Audya is the best sounding arranger I've ever heard. Anyone who says Yamaha sounds as good, I just could not disagree more. I have both and the Audya wins and wins big. I hope they get their act together because it is one awesome machine. I have not experienced problems that some report. The rhythm section is key in any band and the Audya blows everybody away with the bass and drums. And fab guitars.

#289834 - 07/02/10 04:10 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
leezone you cant be serious. Your going to single out one instrument , the drums

YES, i will single out the drums...
because they (to me) are THE MOST IMPORTANT, part of any style

they are what makes the AUDYA sounds REAL, like a band, unlike ANY other arranger

try an AUDYA side by side with any Yammy, like I DID,
and then come back here and repost

#289835 - 07/02/10 08:20 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Dnj Offline

TYROS 4....

#289836 - 07/02/10 11:43 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Leezone... Thank you my friend for the presentation of my demo in your topic....
I say only this .....
I am really glad..... I am working every day with a so much REAL INSTRUMENT….

[This message has been edited by Sokratis 1974 (edited 07-02-2010).]

#289837 - 07/03/10 10:30 AM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
I also must say the Audya is the best sounding arranger I've ever played.

For those of you that don't know, I have BOTH the Audya and Tyros 3 on stage with me six nights a week. The Tyros does some awesome stuff, but for realism, authenticity and LIVE kick butt sounds,

I WILL TAKE THE AUDYA !!!!

Jim

#289838 - 07/03/10 11:36 AM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
The Audya is certainly NOT a joke. I've used it almost every night for a year and a half, and get nothing but WOWs from the audience.
It may be a joke to you if you can't or won't spend the money to get one.
I've heard about maybe 3 or 4 people who have had problems with them. I don't know how many have been sold, but I know the U.S. distributor was sold out of them on a couple of occasions, and the U.S. is a very small market for them, or any arranger.
I'm saying you are hearing from a few people with problems, just as the other companies have a few problems. I hope they do address these problems so they can enjoy their Audyas as much as I do.
By FAR, besides Tony, most of the knocking is coming from people who do not own one and have not played one in person.
We all know Ketron is an eccentric company, to say the least. Those of us who own an Audya know the sound is what we want to hear.
I can walk into a music store and if someone is playing a Yamaha arranger, you can instantly identify it across the room by the horrible drums. Now THAT'S a joke. After some 20 years they still sound the same, bad.
DonM

DonM, agree with you, the Audya not beeing a joke, but my Audya really makes me frustrated. Last Saturday startup was bad, when I got it to work I also got WOW's from the audience, but not sure how much I can take ( don't mean wow's). The support from Ketron US was a joke. But even after replacing all boards and HD with OS installed from factory I still got the same problems. At startup today I got, again, INT PHASE ERROR message and no sound from outputs or headphones. I just have to keep on restarting. I can see the day comming when restarting dosen't help.
skude

#289839 - 07/03/10 12:29 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Skude,
try contact the Norwegian importer Norsk Musikk and see if they can help you with your
complaint and ask for a new item from Ketron.
After all, I don't think either Ketron or other Ketron representatives think all this
negative happenings and comments do any good for the sales and reputation of the brand.

There are probably some more happy and unhappy customers out there not posting at SZ,
so the number of issues might be quite higher than we know.

Good luck and happy playing.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#289840 - 07/03/10 12:59 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
DonM, agree with you, the Audya not beeing a joke, but my Audya really makes me frustrated. Last Saturday startup was bad, when I got it to work I also got WOW's from the audience, but not sure how much I can take ( don't mean wow's). The support from Ketron US was a joke. But even after replacing all boards and HD with OS installed from factory I still got the same problems. At startup today I got, again, INT PHASE ERROR message and no sound from outputs or headphones. I just have to keep on restarting. I can see the day comming when restarting dosen't help.
skude

Totally not acceptable for a $5000.00 KB especialy for use by a pro who has to make a living playing it. I don't give a crap how it sounds verses all these problems...Skude I hope you can remedy tis problem asap...what did Ketron support tell you when you called them...or?

#289841 - 07/03/10 01:44 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Totally not acceptable for a $5000.00 KB especialy for use by a pro who has to make a living playing it. I don't give a crap how it sounds verses all these problems...Skude I hope you can remedy tis problem asap...what did Ketron support tell you when you called them...or?

+1

It's utterly disgusting how Ketron is treating people who have paid for a premium priced keyboard.

Bugs, incomplete systems, hardware faults, still no release on all OS4.0.. and the ultimate insult, a premium priced keyboard with no support.

Flipping heck, I released scripts for the Liosntracs Mediastation / Groove today that integrated just over 5100 sounds into the Liosntracs main OS / sound selection interface.

And Ketron have you guys hanging on a string for countless months, if not freaking years for what AJ said was finished months ago?

Guys... you worked hard for your $$$. You are well within your right to scream very loudly and demand answers and action. Don't be such pushovers. Stand up and tell Ketron this is not good enough. You guys deserve to be treated like VIP's as you are owners of a premium priced keyboard.

Enough is enough guys... Time to stand up and tell it how it is. You should not accept anything less than 100%.

Regards
James

#289842 - 07/03/10 03:21 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
+1

It's utterly disgusting how Ketron is treating people who have paid for a premium priced keyboard.

Bugs, incomplete systems, hardware faults, still no release on all OS4.0.. and the ultimate insult, a premium priced keyboard with no support.

Flipping heck, I released scripts for the Liosntracs Mediastation / Groove today that integrated just over 5100 sounds into the Liosntracs main OS / sound selection interface.

And Ketron have you guys hanging on a string for countless months, if not freaking years for what AJ said was finished months ago?

Guys... you worked hard for your $$$. You are well within your right to scream very loudly and demand answers and action. Don't be such pushovers. Stand up and tell Ketron this is not good enough. You guys deserve to be treated like VIP's as you are owners of a premium priced keyboard.

Enough is enough guys... Time to stand up and tell it how it is. You should not accept anything less than 100%.

Regards
James

One more thing.....if you ever wanted to sell it due to your unhappiness, frustration or whatever... I highly doubt you would ever recoup anywhere near what YOU PAID for the unit....Ouch!!

#289843 - 07/03/10 03:26 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
yes but apparently the great drums make it all worthwhile........

#289844 - 07/03/10 04:55 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
What is so wrong about someone liking the Audya enough to fork over $5000? Don't you guys pay several times more for a stupid car? And don't you guys then complain about pollution, traffic, oil spills, etc? I think that's far worse than someone wanting a keyboard.

And why aren't you all after Tony and Frankieve as well?

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#289845 - 07/03/10 05:38 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
What is so wrong about someone liking the Audya enough to fork over $5000?

Absolutely nothing providing it's a complete and working product which in this case it's not. I paid a hell of a lot more than $5000 for my KORG OASYS and I can tell you the experience I had was nothing short of KORG kissing my ass and jumping to my beck and call when needed support.

In fact the actual guy (head of R&D) who spent the last 10 years of his life developing the system was there on the forums to talk with us on a daily basis.

There's a saying, you get what you pay for and for me I got everything I paid for. $8500 for a 88 Key OASYS and money bloody well spent.

Poor Audya users though... flipping heck, it's almost like a mugging.

None of this is about how the Audya sounds, it's entirely down to respect and what is right and wrong. If you throw down $5000 on an Audya then by hell you should be treated like a VIP and receive a complete and flawless product.

None of which has happened here. Why would anyone accept this situation? It's your money and you all worked very hard for it. Seriously ... $5000 is a freaking huge amount of money. You deserve to be treated with the utmost respect and to receive a flawless product that gives you nothing but supreme enjoyment. Ketron's CEO should be here personally apologising to you all for the delay in getting the PCM data from OS4.0 released.

You deserve much much more guys and you should make your voices heard. The louder you all scream the quicker things get fixed. It's a fact. Right now your all just being ignored.

Respect
James

#289846 - 07/03/10 06:00 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
All good and well, James, but what about Korg PA users waiting for a new update? Will that ever happen? And if there'll be a PA3xpro, will Pa2xpro users even be more ignored? It's easy for Korg to say that whenever comes out they'll let us know. No news is good news" usually means the opposite when it comes to updates. What good is an upgradable keyboard when there won't be any.

What we spend is what we can afford so the price tag doesn't really matter.

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#289847 - 07/03/10 06:09 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Dnj Offline

I agree with James totally....I'm glad it ain't my $5000.00

#289848 - 07/03/10 06:23 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Irishacts Offline

Hi Taike

Quote:
All good and well, James, but what about Korg PA users waiting for a new update?

Lets be totally honest here, KORG have an excellent track record for giving out mega OS updates and for looking after people. I don't think any other closed keyboard manufacture can even compare in this regard.

All is happening now is people are just bored because things have been quite for so long and that KORG Italy have going missing from KORG Forums all of a sudden.

Why do you think that has happened Doesn't take a genius to guess that's something big coming. Everyone has already guess it except for a few.

Quote:
And if there'll be a PA3xpro, will Pa2xpro users even be more ignored?

Who knows. All I can say is that when the Pa2X was released many features were reversed engineered into the Pa1X. Have you ever seen Yamaha or anyone else do that ? Nope...!!!

So lets give KORG credit where its due. Pa1X users got one hell of a mega update when the Pa2X was released and nobody else in the business does that.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 07-03-2010).]

#289849 - 07/03/10 10:33 PM Re: AUDYA..great demo/audition of NEW sounds
Tony Hughes Offline

I agree with everything James has said to date about Ketron and their total lack of interest in what their customer think about them. This is not confined to the Audya, Ketrons reputation has always been this way, they are in a unique market where one or two little nuggets in design and sound sends everybody orgasmic and the Audya drums and some sounds do this to people. BTW a lot of the Audya styles and sound are out of earlier KB. I went to a Hotel in Jerez Spain about 4 year back and the Hotel KB player had a SD1, he was well p*****d off with it, all manner of things going wrong with it. I now have my doubts if Ketron really give a dam about anything and anybody this site has proved that without a doubt. Like James says if they registered on SZ, we would be blown away, TWD once said OS4 would blow your socks off, I think that was Feb this year. Ketron, their dealers and importers have had good money from us, the Audya is the most expensive KB around but alas it does not warranty the attention that the price tag brings. If Ketron had just one gram of decency, they would be on SZ answering questions, if they had once of brain they would because they would increase the chances of more sales. Charles Darwin said to survive and flourish, you need to adapt perhaps they never read his book! With their pigheaded attitude they will not flourish and it is doubtful if it will survive, this is all self-inflicted. Do not even think of blaming anyone else for their position, anything they have done they have done themselves, and they have gladly taken our money in doing so! I think James said in one post he didnt think they wouldnt make it and I tend to agree with him, I think they are on life support now, someone just needs to turn it off and call it a day! If you chaps in the US of A could just buy a few more Audya (Leezone) they may go on a little longer but it still looks terminal, its not if, its when!

Amen

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-03-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-03-2010).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online