Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#289762 - 07/01/10 10:06 PM Re: A quick sample of OS4.1 sound and style
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I'll stick with Yamaha...at least I know I have great support & service to back me up.......we all have our own opinons on sound....all us Yamaha owners can't all be wrong worldwide ..

Donny, it has nothing to do with a particular brand...
Most people will admit the Ketron has superior drums...period..

My point about listening to your keyboard and compare it to the Audya..has more to do with it's class..

PSR canidates (and Prelude/GW8)..are not buyers of Tyros3 and Audya...simple math and economics...but don't think for a minute there are not differences between a $1.000-$1,500 instrument and a $4,500-$5,000 instrument..

Quality differences in construction, converters, samples..and other major differences we are not privileged to know about..Remember we are comparing within the same brand..

There will be a fair share of buyers in any class for many reasons...PSR910 buyers for lighter weight and a lighter cost..Tyros3 for the best they can get for their Yamaha investment..No right or wrong..just different frames of mind..and budgets..

The Audya buyer is interested because the board represents the best sounds/styles in a closed system arranger...and they can afford the price...So for every Don M, and Frank, and Semi...you have Me, you and Ian..

#289763 - 07/01/10 10:22 PM Re: A quick sample of OS4.1 sound and style
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've had the new sounds and styles for a while, but couldn't say much about them.
But, they are fantastic, particularly the sounds.
I don't know what they did to the styles, but they all sound better than before, and they already sounded great.
I love the new guitars, saxes, pianos and organs.
The Programs now have some useful, thoughtful combinations that sound fantastic.
I'm not certain whether my version is as complete as the just-released version, so I will probably reinstall it, but I will wait until I have some time off, because I'd sure hate to lost what I have.
Aside from the sound, my favorite thing about the Audya is the ease of operation, from setup, adjusting, saving, personalization to ease of recall.
For those who had previous Ketrons, this operating system is totally new and improved.
DonM

#289764 - 07/01/10 11:19 PM Re: A quick sample of OS4.1 sound and style
leezone Offline

thank Frank,

any NEW synth/modern sounds?
this is one area Ketron should improve

#289765 - 07/01/10 11:31 PM Re: A quick sample of OS4.1 sound and style
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Honestly I didnt hear a hugh change in sound from what I've already heard on the Audya since it's release, although this is just one style.... I still don't think it's worth $5000.00 US compared to what is on the market for less....
Frank anyway can you give us a mixed style/sound medley of some sort when you get a chance?..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-01-2010).]

DNJ,

Come on I don't class that little snippet as a good enough sample for any discerning KB player to make a position or negative judgment. You need to listen to a little bit more, but that’s the problem Dnj, Audya and AJ drip feed us like a patient on his death bed, and perhaps that when most of will get the new sounds, just before we depart this World or Ketron go bust, which ever comes sooner. I can hear them now at my funeral. “ He waited all that time for the new Audya sounds and he passed away just before they arrived, the usb sticks there, I just don’t have the heart to loaded it on for him, he would have loved them” wahh wahh wahh, “ many a true word spoken in jest “!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#289766 - 07/02/10 08:11 PM Re: A quick sample of OS4.1 sound and style
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
DNJ,

Come on I don't class that little snippet as a good enough sample for any discerning KB player to make a position or negative judgment. You need to listen to a little bit more, but that’s the problem Dnj, Audya and AJ drip feed us like a patient on his death bed, and perhaps that when most of will get the new sounds, just before we depart this World or Ketron go bust, which ever comes sooner. I can hear them now at my funeral. “ He waited all that time for the new Audya sounds and he passed away just before they arrived, the usb sticks there, I just don’t have the heart to loaded it on for him, he would have loved them” wahh wahh wahh, “ many a true word spoken in jest “!

No matter how good it may sound ...I think the real problem at this point besides the high price is that people are skeptical and afraid to be left out in the cold with their support and service after reading all these stories...I hope things will change fast for them as the others are gearing up to release new gear as we speak in the near future.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online